Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 64871 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Movie Critic Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2016, 04:50:35 am »
My second favourite Star Wars character is now Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn trilogy is a really good read so far (just finished reading Heir to the Empire), I really hope they bring it back into canon in the movies.

I don't know if his trilogy is canon right now, but he is. He appears on the Star Wars Rebel show in season 3. The animated one on Cartoon Network I think.

Trilogy not canon but he is. And he has made season 3 of rebels almost worth watching singlehandedly after the first 2 were apparently shit. Miss the clone wars tbh that show was quality.
Why am I still here

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2016, 06:15:39 pm »
All of the expanded universe is sort of in a limbo land at the moment. Any of it could be reincorporated as canon at a later date as long as it doesn't conflict with 7, 8, or 9, which is why I think it was no longer made canon in the first place. I know a lot of star wars geeks are fucking furious that the expanded shit is no longer canon (probably because of the time they invested in reading the books or w.e.) which is kind of funny imo. Some of these people on star wars forums seriously expected JJ Abrams to read up on the expanded universe and become a fucking expert on star wars before he could be allowed to make star wars 7, it's just absolutely ridiculous. As an example, a good friend of mine told me that he didn't like 7 because in it there was some stupid thing having to do with the lightsabers that violated the sacred expanded universe and that Kylo Ren wasn't a true sith because he doesn't follow the rule of two.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2016, 10:16:57 pm »
On a  completely different topic: I have recently found out that the entire fucking world seems to hate Jar Jar Binks....

It seems I am literally the only one whose favourite character is, in fact, Jar Jar....
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2016, 10:48:46 pm »
On a  completely different topic: I have recently found out that the entire fucking world seems to hate Jar Jar Binks....

It seems I am literally the only one whose favourite character is, in fact, Jar Jar....
Then youre part of the problem.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2016, 11:03:54 pm »
My second favourite Star Wars character is now Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn trilogy is a really good read so far (just finished reading Heir to the Empire), I really hope they bring it back into canon in the movies.
i really wish Star Wars made more comics rather than actual novels. I can't read and I like to look at pretty pictures
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:05:50 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2016, 11:40:33 pm »
i really wish Star Wars made more comics rather than actual novels. I can't read and I like to look at pretty pictures
>Can't read
>Responds to people on an internet forum

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »

Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2016, 12:19:18 am »

is that the knights of the old republic one? Im in like issue 30 for that one
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2016, 01:48:55 am »
But...but....but guys. George Lucas worked on Phantom Menace so it must be good....right?

Film Spoilers Ahead
Spoiler
I personally thought Rogue 1 was amazing. I felt it went back to the feel of the original trilogy. The story and characters were both amazing and the film looked stunning. I love the way how they really told the story without pampering a happy ending, the characters had all been developed to the extent where you genuinely felt about them and each and every death was met with actual sadness for it. The beach scene where they are resigned to their fate really hit the feels. I also love the way how the director tied in the ending with the beginning of A New Hope, showing he was conscious of the way the film would fit in with the entire series, and not just being a standalone that had no consequence upon the main storyline. Another great movie which makes it 2/2 for the new 'ens so far. Rogue 1 was perfect for keeping the hype going for me and I can't wait for the continuation of the main series.
[close]

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2016, 04:47:20 am »
Go see La La Land
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2016, 04:53:35 am »
But...but....but guys. George Lucas worked on Phantom Menace so it must be good....right?

Film Spoilers Ahead
Spoiler
I personally thought Rogue 1 was amazing. I felt it went back to the feel of the original trilogy. The story and characters were both amazing and the film looked stunning. I love the way how they really told the story without pampering a happy ending, the characters had all been developed to the extent where you genuinely felt about them and each and every death was met with actual sadness for it. The beach scene where they are resigned to their fate really hit the feels. I also love the way how the director tied in the ending with the beginning of A New Hope, showing he was conscious of the way the film would fit in with the entire series, and not just being a standalone that had no consequence upon the main storyline. Another great movie which makes it 2/2 for the new 'ens so far. Rogue 1 was perfect for keeping the hype going for me and I can't wait for the continuation of the main series.
[close]
Couldn't agree more with you on rogue one. It was fantastic. I would honestly rate it above episode 7 and well above any of the prequels. It really is in league with the original trilogy.

If you haven't seen it, please watch it.

Also, next summer is going to be shit for movies. We are going to have great hits like cars 3, despicable me 3, wonder woman, captain underpants, power rangers, baby boss, spiderman: homecoming and fuck me another transformers!

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2016, 05:19:01 am »
TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSFOOOOOOOOOOOORMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2016, 06:06:31 am »
Olafson, youre not allowed on this thread. Im going to ask duuring to kick you out.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2016, 06:33:07 am »

Film Spoilers Ahead
Spoiler
[close]
Couldn't agree more with you on rogue one. It was fantastic. I would honestly rate it above episode 7 and well above any of the prequels. It really is in league with the original trilogy.

Also, next summer is going to be shit for movies. We are going to have great hits like cars 3, despicable me 3, wonder woman, captain underpants, power rangers, baby boss, spiderman: homecoming and fuck me another transformers!

Ill just watch GotG Vol. 2 3 or 4 times to tide it over.
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:33 am »

Film Spoilers Ahead
Spoiler
[close]

whats wrong with Wonder Woman? you dont think female characters can be strong independent woman? Fucking sexist!