Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 64879 times)

AeroNinja

Re: Movie Critic Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2016, 09:52:57 pm »
Going to watch Rogue One tuesday in cinemas. xd

Offline Gamboji

• Donator
  • zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2016, 05:10:36 am »

oh awsom can u take me with u?? u can come and pikk me up in ur  $40000 ford mustang dat u totly has

AeroNinja

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2016, 08:43:43 am »
If you didnt live in Norway but closer to my home sure. Then I finally see how a person you are in the real world. Actually nah. I don't want to spend time with 12 year olds.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2016, 08:49:40 am »

oh awsom can u take me with u?? u can come and pikk me up in ur  $40000 ford mustang dat u totly has

What's your issue, you've been an ass you NiPhix in multiple threads for no reason. Lay off ass hole. lol.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2016, 11:36:31 am »

I actually do have a ford mustang (although its technically my dads). Mustangs are fantastic dude but this isnt a car thread so get out.

My local movie theater chain has discounted movies every tuesday. Almost no one is there so there are no lines and often we are the only ones who in the theater.

pyramid convo
Anyone watch rogue one? Haven't seen it yet but is it as good as expected?

It's really fucking good,
It sucked

How.
The story was bullshit, George Lucas didnt work on it, no SW opening crawl
but thats just my opinion

[close]
Dazzer youre literally wrong. Your opinion is invalid. To be honest, george lucas is a dumb ass who had a good idea in the late 60s. It seems like every time he tries to change the series, he fucks it up further. I'd rather he just stay away and let more intelligent (and also charismatic) people take charge. JJ Abrams definately has the intelligence but i dont think he has the charisma but that's fine. Episode 7 was fine, it wasn't a disaster and it wasn't a masterpiece, neither was 4 and that shit started it all.

Although I havent seen rogue one, i have heard a lot of good things about it and i intend to watch it next tuesday.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2016, 01:17:32 pm »
I have very little motivation to watch Rogue One after The Force Awakens. It was such a totally shit film that my entire taste for the Star Wars films has died out.
If you guys can actually claim that it is not 'another Death Star movie', I may be tempted slightly though.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »
Dazzer youre literally wrong. Your opinion is invalid. To be honest, george lucas is a dumb ass who had a good idea in the late 60s. It seems like every time he tries to change the series, he fucks it up further. I'd rather he just stay away and let more intelligent (and also charismatic) people take charge. JJ Abrams definately has the intelligence but i dont think he has the charisma but that's fine. Episode 7 was fine, it wasn't a disaster and it wasn't a masterpiece, neither was 4 and that shit started it all.

Although I havent seen rogue one, i have heard a lot of good things about it and i intend to watch it next tuesday.
K thats your opinion.

AeroNinja

« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »
Star Wars TFA indeed was not really good. But I heard that people really loved the new one so, let's hope it's much better. :P

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2016, 05:21:08 pm »
JJ Abrams was the director we needed for Episode VII. 8 and 9 can be as ambitious as they want within reason, but after the prequel debacles there needed to be a solid base to build on. Abrams chose to not take many risks and focus on building this respectable foundation.
Why am I still here

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2016, 06:28:13 pm »
These films will always have a place in my heart.
The Godfather I
Godfather 2
Grand Budapest Hotel
The Hateful Eight
The Wolf of Wall street
Birdman (Really interesting movie)

Sorry for going off topic
Not a big fan of Star Wars. Id like to go out and watch the new one but I probably wont, ive missed out on many films that have come out in the last couple years which is a shame considering going to the movies was part of my weekly routine. Gluck tbh I feel ive seen more movies than you. Is that a bad thing?
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2016, 07:13:22 pm »
I have very little motivation to watch Rogue One after The Force Awakens. It was such a totally shit film that my entire taste for the Star Wars films has died out.
If you guys can actually claim that it is not 'another Death Star movie', I may be tempted slightly though.
I mean it is a death star movie, but it's describing events about creating the orginal death star.
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2016, 08:18:28 pm »
I like the part in the movie where they all die
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2016, 08:39:19 pm »
I like the part in the movie where they all die

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »
These films will always have a place in my heart.
The Godfather I
Godfather 2
Grand Budapest Hotel
The Hateful Eight
The Wolf of Wall street
Birdman (Really interesting movie)

Sorry for going off topic
Not a big fan of Star Wars. Id like to go out and watch the new one but I probably wont, ive missed out on many films that have come out in the last couple years which is a shame considering going to the movies was part of my weekly routine. Gluck tbh I feel ive seen more movies than you. Is that a bad thing?
Tbh you probably have and that's definately not a bad thing. You have a very good taste in movies as well. I've seen all the movies you've listed and the only one that i don't think was a masterpiece was godfather 2 (it felt too slow for me). The hateful 8, grand budapest and birdman are all highly underrated in their value.

K thats your opinion.
It's fact. I'll even make it a poll.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2016, 02:52:22 am »
My second favourite Star Wars character is now Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn trilogy is a really good read so far (just finished reading Heir to the Empire), I really hope they bring it back into canon in the movies.
Why am I still here