Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season  (Read 60226 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season [4th Matchday 9th - 15th of Dec]
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2016, 11:57:54 pm »
Poor 18e, always fighting the good fight. #DownWithTheEstablishment

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season [5th Matchday 16th - 22nd of Dec]
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2016, 02:50:24 pm »
If anyone needs a match reffing by 23rd December let me know. Im free for this week now :)

my steam : [93rd] Heinrich

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2016, 03:13:18 pm »
Bloody 'ell Heinrich getting pretty close to Chrimbo for you there fam

Offline NoXic

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2017, 03:22:15 pm »
Ingame - Name: 33rd_Rct_Noxic
Regiment: 33rd
Steam Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049864895/
Admin experience, references: On some NW Regimental servers nothing special/helped out in some little tourns intern mostly
Former NWL ref? no

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 8th Season [7th Matchday 13th - 20th of Jan]
« Reply #409 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:35 am »
Quick point about FiC, as throughout this season I have seen different refs enforcing it differently.

In the thread opening post under ref FAQ for fic:

Spoiler
First, you do nothing special. You note the name and watch how the round ends. Did the FIC change the outcome of the round? E.g. victim lost 2 men because of FiC and lost in a close charge - in this case, round has to be redone. E.g. FIC where the rule breaker already had 10 men advantage after shootout - in this case, you slay the respective person FiCing in the next round. Of course the regiment may not swap him out. If he does anyways, just slay any other ranker. In the end, the rule breaking regiment has to play at a disadvantage next round.
[close]

Half the refs (This may be an exaggeration but it is at least several judging by peoples vids) slay instantly for FiC which breaks this guideline (I believe this rule may have changed from previous seasons without some refs realising!), others slay that person in the next round and I almost never see a round redone, regiments just having to live with the round loss and a fic warning.

I post this in the hope that more consistency can be achieved across all refs, whatever rules/guidelines the organizers choose   :)

p.s - as an example last season when I was a ref, I would warn the reg about FiC once, then slay fic'er in the next round if I didn't judge the kill to affect the outcome (otherwise a reset would be required). In my experience it worked as a better deterrent than a 50/50 chance of either an instant slay or a warning which happens with some admins still. Again I'm not trying to point anyone out, simply hoping that we can have greater consistency between refs.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:12:56 am by Spoons »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:44 am »
I have actually expressed my anger with this issue multiple times, I feel as though an issue such as this should stay within the round, you either slay, reset or do nothing.

When you think about it, even if I slayed 2 people for FiC on the opposite team to my own, that's just 2 long range kills that they could bring back for free. How does that really affect the outcome of the round where the FiC actually happened. What happens in a round should stay in a round. If a referee cannot deal with it there and then he isn't really fit to be reffing :P

Had some bad issues with this over the past few years so I feel quite strongly about it as some referee's go very overboard
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Zoranny

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: von_Schmidt
« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2017, 11:21:18 am »
If a referee cannot deal with it there and then he isn't really fit to be reffing
A referee is also just a normal person, watching 30 man charging at each other it's normal that you cant act instantly. Also, one may have done FiC and before you can slay him he already got killed - that shouldn't free him from the guilt.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2017, 12:12:38 pm »
Sal reset a round when we played the 59th (I think) for one FiC.. Personally I don't think a round reset is useful unless it kills a good 3-4 people.. A slay in the next round is the best solution imo because slaying them during the current round is pointless, damage has already been done.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:58 pm »
I understand the points I still feel as though because rounds are played one at a time, they should be dealt with one at a time. 1 FiC is just an accident and it happens. Like Pride said more than 3 is just silly and a reset should be had but that still should only affect the round in question.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #414 on: January 26, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
Quick point about FiC, as throughout this season I have seen different refs enforcing it differently.

In the thread opening post under ref FAQ for fic:

Spoiler
First, you do nothing special. You note the name and watch how the round ends. Did the FIC change the outcome of the round? E.g. victim lost 2 men because of FiC and lost in a close charge - in this case, round has to be redone. E.g. FIC where the rule breaker already had 10 men advantage after shootout - in this case, you slay the respective person FiCing in the next round. Of course the regiment may not swap him out. If he does anyways, just slay any other ranker. In the end, the rule breaking regiment has to play at a disadvantage next round.
[close]

Half the refs (This may be an exaggeration but it is at least several judging by peoples vids) slay instantly for FiC which breaks this guideline (I believe this rule may have changed from previous seasons without some refs realising!), others slay that person in the next round and I almost never see a round redone, regiments just having to live with the round loss and a fic warning.

I post this in the hope that more consistency can be achieved across all refs, whatever rules/guidelines the organizers choose   :)

p.s - as an example last season when I was a ref, I would warn the reg about FiC once, then slay fic'er in the next round if I didn't judge the kill to affect the outcome (otherwise a reset would be required). In my experience it worked as a better deterrent than a 50/50 chance of either an instant slay or a warning which happens with some admins still. Again I'm not trying to point anyone out, simply hoping that we can have greater consistency between refs.
I have seen referees do this as well, I talked to any I saw but I think people are too used to the way it was done last season in that retrospect. In relation to how it is implemented I think the way Brot wants the rule to be implemented is correct and referees just need to be reminded of this process.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:19 pm »
Honestly, I never saw this rule enforced by a ref, reset thing yes, slaying in the next round never. But ty for bringing it up, I'll try to enforce it the next matches which I ref because rules are still rules and Ref's shouldn't be allowed to judge or change them, I include myself too, ofc.
Just wanted to point this out :)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2017, 02:55:20 pm »
Rules are to be followed however I think Brot, Heri and Wuesten expect them to be autonomous and use a length of common sense. Not saying the rules are meant to be broken though

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2017, 09:05:07 pm »
#bringtheruleofficerscantchargewhentheirlineisshootingplease

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:07 pm »
Ref issue has been there for many seasons, thats why I wrote that FAQ. Does not seem to help and people aren't gonna change. Then again I can't just unref ppl because NWL would be short on refs then. Also I can understand that refs don't go to tough on regs because they will get hate and hostility for it. I still would be glad if anyone would actually give a shit about hwo to ref AND do it the way it is intended.

Reg does not close gaps? ONE FUCKING CHANCE to close it. Also, if you see a guy intentionally opening a gap before shooting, slay the fuck out of him without warning. Bugs me the most

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2017, 08:06:28 am »
Ref issue has been there for many seasons, thats why I wrote that FAQ. Does not seem to help and people aren't gonna change. Then again I can't just unref ppl because NWL would be short on refs then. Also I can understand that refs don't go to tough on regs because they will get hate and hostility for it. I still would be glad if anyone would actually give a shit about hwo to ref AND do it the way it is intended.

Reg does not close gaps? ONE FUCKING CHANCE to close it. Also, if you see a guy intentionally opening a gap before shooting, slay the fuck out of him without warning. Bugs me the most

Trying to avoid hostility is a good point that I hadn't thought of when writing my post, understanding that its hard enough to get good, mature refs as it is.