0 (0%)
Events have been canceled.
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: [NA] Pyrots Weekly Public Linebattles [Event canceled]  (Read 23782 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [NA] Pyrots Weekly Public Linebattles
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
As long as the dragoons are bunched up together so a group of equally inaccurate guns gets a chance of hitting some and their horses it really isn't a problem if the line is more of a semi blob. Warband engine issues and limited time make forming a proper line after halting next to impossible.

Thanks for considering, this really is the only rule I have any sort of issue with :).

Offline Kolakhan

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »
As usual Hasano you misrepresent someone else's point!  As the "other Regiment leader" involved your assertion I said "that it was impossible to form a line on horseback, quick enough to make it stationary (In order to fire)." is crap!  Your insistence in Dragoons forming a "perfect parade ground line" vs a staggered line (my point) was the point of controversy.  My point is that when you look at the group of horses from the front whether a horses head was even with the one next to it's saddle and the one next to that his butt, being staggered they were just as wide and presented the same basic target to the enemy and that a perfect alignment which you seemed to insist on, was "not easy" to do with the existing game mechanics and that your rules should be flexible enough to allow for a staggered line of Dragoons, which were stationary to fire.

Your draconian answer and ridiculous rule of making them dismounted line infantry and further trying to disguise the reasoning as some historical bullcrap is typical of the lack of flexibility exhibited by Pyrots in general, concerning your rules.  Obviously other people find the rule just as stupid as I did but you keep trying to justify it anyway.  It's my fault you say, but I am not there anymore so how about changing it back?  Then I am sure you can find someone else to "whine" at not being in a perfectly straight line.

Offline GoodOldJack

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »
Regiment name: VIe Corps d'Armee
4e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne  | 1er Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Events that you'll be attending: Friday LB
Primary Role: (Ex: Line Infantry/ Light Infantry / Skirmishers / Artillery / Cavalry / Dragoons) Line
Secondary roles:
Steam profile URL: VIe_Marechal_Ney
How many active members do you have? 4e  10-15 | 1er  8-10
Have you read, and accepted the rules on behalf of your regiment? Yes

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 03:50:50 am »
RULE CHANGED
Due to the ill-equipped British dragoons, We've decided to reconsider the rule regarding dragoons firing off horseback.
We've decided that since the British Dragoons are at a disadvantage due to their carbines, and that it's only fair that we allow them to fire while mounted.
However; Since the British Dragoons only utilize carbines; It's only fair that all other factions must use carbines to be allowed to fire off horseback.

So in short:
Dragoons are only allowed to fire whilst mounted ONLY if they are using a carbine (Or pistol).
Dragoons must form a stationary line before firing their weapons.

If there are any questions; please let me know.

Regiment name: VIe Corps d'Armee
4e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne  | 1er Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Events that you'll be attending: Friday LB
Primary Role: (Ex: Line Infantry/ Light Infantry / Skirmishers / Artillery / Cavalry / Dragoons) Line
Secondary roles:
Steam profile URL: VIe_Marechal_Ney
How many active members do you have? 4e  10-15 | 1er  8-10
Have you read, and accepted the rules on behalf of your regiment? Yes

Accepted, Welcome back.

Offline Kolakhan

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »
A common sense compromise!  Now here is the kicker "a stationary line", the stationary part means not moving now define a "line" for those mounted Dragoons and be specific.

Offline Sir Edward

• Sergeant
  • Im WhaleHawk. Im me and you're you.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: *BvE*WhaleHawk*
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32:36 pm »
RULE CHANGED
Due to the ill-equipped British dragoons, We've decided to reconsider the rule regarding dragoons firing off horseback.
We've decided that since the British Dragoons are at a disadvantage due to their carbines, and that it's only fair that we allow them to fire while mounted.
However; Since the British Dragoons only utilize carbines; It's only fair that all other factions must use carbines to be allowed to fire off horseback.

So in short:
Dragoons are only allowed to fire whilst mounted ONLY if they are using a carbine (Or pistol).
Dragoons must form a stationary line before firing their weapons.

If there are any questions; please let me know.

*Sigh* As you say you changed the rule due to "Disadvantages", I find that complete Bullshit. Hasano, it's alright to be wrong. Now you realize why many of us hate the new CAV rule because you wanted it to fit your needs. So what do you do, you go ahead and change it back, and thats good but then you  say they are only allow to use CARBINES..Really? There is a reason WHY they put Cavalry Muskets in the game. Carbines are terribly shots. They are the worse gun in the game. We all know that the Cav Musket will tare shit up. And thats alright, its meant to be. Just let everyone have fun. This is why some regiments left Pyrots. Because fun was not part of the event. Sometimes you just have to sit back and say "What the hell" Have a good laugh and enjoy the game like everyone else is, well, AT LEAST is trying to.

I'm just saying, you should have never changed the rule in the first place as it did cost you regiments to leave.

Heres an IDEA, How bout when you are discussing about the rules. You have a ROUND TABLE discussion. You bring all the regiment leaders in and the admins and leaders talk about how to make the event fun and enjoyable and good rules to include.

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:15 am »
I'm sorry you feel this way about the rules, However this wasn't my decision to make. This rule doesn't 'fit my needs' and I don't see how it does.

Now before I go on, There's something you have to understand Edward. I don't make any decisions regarding rule changes in the linebattle.
All I do is voice our member's concerns if need be, and give my opinion towards the changes. That's it.
My other responsibilities include administrating from time to time, and I'm now one of the people who maintains the thread.

I've had a very minimal amount of time to manage my own regiment; and that's because I have to admin the linebattle. If you believe I'm being biased, or that I'm creating a conspiracy to fit my 'needs' or my regiment's 'needs' you're more than welcome to hop onto our teamspeak and talk to Hexon himself, and explain to him why I should be removed.

I find these accusations extremely insulting, and I know exactly who's the person spewing this about me.

In any case, I'll pass your 'round table' Idea on.

A line is defined just like any normal line, It's not a staggered line, Just a regular line. It's not that hard to understand.

Offline kbernges

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »
The 1stCI is withdrawing from this event. Apologies.

Offline Sir Edward

• Sergeant
  • Im WhaleHawk. Im me and you're you.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: *BvE*WhaleHawk*
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »
I don't make any decisions regarding rule changes in the linebattle.

Hmm, This MIGHT be true, but last time I remember, I went into the Team Speak and one of the admins said something along the lines of  "I have no idea about the rule change, I never knew about it"

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »
I don't make any decisions regarding rule changes in the linebattle.

Hmm, This MIGHT be true, but last time I remember, I went into the Team Speak and one of the admins said something along the lines of  "I have no idea about the rule change, I never knew about it"

That's a logistical mistake where they didn't pay attention to the forum post that announced the forum.

The linebattle's administrative structure isn't a system where all the admins come together and decide on a rule. We're only here to administrate, and make sure the rules are applied in the battle.

In any case, I'd like you to come speak to me on teamspeak to clarify all your other concerns. I don't intend on continuing to answering questions over the forums.

Offline zacktothemax

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 96th Infantry
  • Nick: Zack
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:02 pm »
Regiment name: 96th Infantry
Events that you'll be attending: Sunday LB
Primary Role: Line Infantry
Secondary roles: None
Steam profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/96thfoot
How many active members do you have? 6-8
Have you read, and accepted the rules on behalf of your regiment? Yes,I have read and Agree to these rules.

We are a new regiment just formed 3 days ago,with little exp. but we want to try to get into a LB.

Offline PyrotsGaming

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Pyrots' website
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
Regiment name: 96th Infantry
Events that you'll be attending: Sunday LB
Primary Role: Line Infantry
Secondary roles: None
Steam profile URL: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/96thfoot
How many active members do you have? 6-8
Have you read, and accepted the rules on behalf of your regiment? Yes,I have read and Agree to these rules.

We are a new regiment just formed 3 days ago,with little exp. but we want to try to get into a LB.

Unfortunately rejected. Pyrots is looking for already established regiments.
I'm sure you'll find somewhere else. Good luck.

Offline zacktothemax

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 96th Infantry
  • Nick: Zack
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »
Ah k,Oh well we tried :3

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 01:12:15 am »
Did you guys change TeamSpeak services recently?

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:58 am »
No, the server box probably restarted; However our technician is away for a week, So we'll be using this backup teamspeak that was kindly provided by Mitch/Alobos: 37.59.252.74

The Event server is online, and the battle will presume as usual, However just visit that teamspeak for today.