Author Topic: Donation Concerns  (Read 15625 times)

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Donation Concerns
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:43 am »
The project is going to fail, might as well hand back money now.
Watched because i dunno

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:55 am »
Theres a disclaimer that states donations are non-refundable, if I donate towards a charity for starving children and then a few weeks later decide I want my money back? No, that doesnt work like that.

We are on indie game forum ? Not in a orphanage

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:31 am »

As has been stated many times before. Regardless of the amount of donations received there will be a product. What the donations entail are the number of features said product will have, and how much can be fit in the product.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:52 am »

As has been stated many times before. Regardless of the amount of donations received there will be a product. What the donations entail are the number of features said product will have, and how much can be fit in the product.

I also expect a reply to my concerns.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSEForums_Sergeant_Horseman
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:35 am »

and HorseMans, please.

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:43 am »

Re read what I posted then, and do as I said. PM Olafson.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 12:09:33 am »

Re read what I posted then, and do as I said. PM Olafson.

Why make a thread regarding donation concerns if you're going to redirect them all.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:14 am »
If you want your money back better hope the project fails.
Spoiler
We will not try to fail. And if we somehow do, we will try to give back any money that was donated. But we promise you to finish the game.
[close]
But then again it says the word "try".

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:41 am »
Theres a disclaimer that states donations are non-refundable, if I donate towards a charity for starving children and then a few weeks later decide I want my money back? No, that doesnt work like that.

We are on indie game forum ? Not in a orphanage

Obviously im using a real life scenario to compare it to a forum; im just saying that you should read the policies/disclaimers before you actually donate, I mean read what Deo said; your money is going to be used for exactly the reason you donated as said on the donation page.. shouldnt be arguing about it and asking for refunds since you didnt really purchase anything AT ALL

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 12:11:45 am »
We will not try to fail. And if we somehow do, we will try to give back any money that was donated. But we promise you to finish the game.

A quote from Olafson entailing numerous things.

There is a chance of the project failing, or someone in the developer team is lying to you.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
Re: Re: Who are these Banned/Muted/Warned people?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 12:13:59 am »
That was a matter of individual concern, brought up personally with one of the developers. If someone truly wishes to make a case for a refund they need to personally discuss the matter with FSE through Olafson. Donations were freely given for Battle Cry of Freedom. FSE cannot be held hostage by those who donated for the development of a game.

Olafson can be messaged here: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2

This thread will be locked for a moment while we seperate the donation concerns into a new thread. Please hold.

It's hardly a matter of personal concern. You are a company, and they BOUGHT, you can call it donating but in a legal sense they bought it, and that means that you cannot treat people just as you want. It is not a random gift of gratitude for donating, it's something that is delivered as per a contract.

He can and probably will bring it up with his consumer protection agency, and they will bring it up with FSE, and since you nicely made the Craig precedent the consumer protection agency will have a very valid case. I would advise you to pay him, it's 20 euros and the amount of negative things that can come out of not paying are alot greater. But then again, my advise has habitually been refused and look where you are now...

It's not a donation, it's a business transaction. He gives money and is promised servcices and products in return, not delivering on that promise is a breach of contract. Just calling it a donation doesn't change the nature of it, nor does stating that it's non-refundable I am affraid, non-refundable would just mean that they will not refund it if he changes his mind about donating, in this case he has been denied the service, hence he has been a victim of fraud.

When was that disclaimer added anyway? I do not remember seeing it when I donated.

Edit: Well I don't know when it was added, but it was added later quite clearly: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SwLJLZ--4ksJ:www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php%3Faction%3Dtreasury+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also notice that you can know that atleast the people on the right and those below them in the list donated before the policy change.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:30:29 am by Hekko »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:20 am »
Edit: Well I don't know when it was added, but it was added later quite clearly: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SwLJLZ--4ksJ:www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php%3Faction%3Dtreasury+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also notice that you can know that atleast the people on the right and those below them in the list donated before the policy change.

There is no disclaimer, and also the official FSE website possesses no disclaimer and actually describes it as form of transaction:

"
We do not only need the financial support to continue the development further, we also need
 your ideas and suggestions to make the game as good as possible. For that we made a special Board,
 only visible to Donators. In this Board, you will be able to directly discuss the game with
 the Developers, suggest features and vote for the gameplay you want to see. Whatever you
want to see in the game, we will make it for you!

"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:34:10 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 12:34:34 am »
some of you guys are retarted. He donated to the game not the forum. He gave his money as a gift and as the case with all gifts should not ask for it back. It was his decision to troll and get banned. He can still play the game when it comes out.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSEForums_Sergeant_Horseman
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 12:35:03 am »
HorseMan finds the latest information interesting, HorseMan thinks that people deserve their money back and that FSE should stop with the lies.

some of you guys are retarted. He donated to the game not the forum. He gave his money as a gift and as the case with all gifts should not ask for it back. It was his decision to troll and get banned. He can still play the game when it comes out.

HorseMan knows that FSE has already been giving money back to others who were banned and as such they should now do the same to everyone that asks for a refund, HorseMan would also like to point out that it is not a gift, these people paid for a product and as such are eligible for refunds.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:36:54 am by HorseMan »

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:04 am »

I wouldn't really call it a gift when you are expecting something in return. Unless you donated under 5 euros (is that possible?).