Author Topic: Donation Concerns  (Read 15623 times)

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
  • Side: Union
Donation Concerns
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:24 pm »
Will Tav get his money back as he is banned forever and actually donated ?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:57:06 pm by Deofuta »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Re: Who are these Banned/Muted/Warned people?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »
Will Tav get his money back as he is banned forever and actually donated ?

I wonder if it's wise for them to ostracise parts of the community that have donated.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Who are these Banned/Muted/Warned people?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:34 pm »
So I asked where I can complain and my post get's removed? Ok I'll rephrase my question.

Where can I get my Money back?

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »
Will people who get banned get a refund for the money they donated?
If not will they still receive the game if they donated 20 Euros or more?

Offline James Watson

• Corporal
  • The fisherman everyone hates.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Franciscus
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:26:19 pm »
ppl dont get watched marks for nothing.

I reckon quite a few people would disagree with you on that.

ofc they would. noone likes getting caught. and noone likes getting told off. thats like me saying "weed is bad for you" - (enter you) "i reckon quite a few ppl would disagree with you on that"

same principle for what your saying. ppl can disagree much like if i get a ticket for parking i disagree with the state and say their in the wrong. but that doesnt stop the fact i parked where i shouldnt.

I'd disagree with it and I haven't been watched (yet) =P

to be blunt ofc you would. lol no matter what is said here your going to look at it objectively from a certain perspective based on what just happened :P but like i said ppl are fair place to disagree buuuut it doesnt stop it from being just. it was purely a matter of time before FSE had enough.

@James Watson. its not a case of parliament. its not a case of anything on that scale and it never was! its a small role out of courtesy to the community to help with internal affairs i.e. ban reevaluations etc. not a head of state. (what do you mean by education?) and even if he was speaking out against the state he was also abusively posting replies to members of the community with hatred and harsh language. not acceptable for anyone let alone someone who would call himself a "representative" of the community. i dont choose someone who picks on ppl for no good reason. and as far as im concerned im glad he's out he doesnt represent the community. he represents the darker side of the community. one i hope will die with him. (although i doubt it)

You made a comparison I made another one. And I didn't expect you to understand what I said anyways. But what matters here is that a beloved member of the community, and a big one at that, was cast aside tonight. And even though he may represent the dark side of the community, the poll proved how big that "dark side" is around here. Sometimes, good men have to do bad things to make bad men pay.

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:26:20 pm »
Will people who get banned get a refund for the money they donated?
If not will they still receive the game if they donated 20 Euros or more?

Exactly !

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSEForums_Sergeant_Horseman
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »
HorseMan has a question, what about the people that donated just enough money for access to the donations board, do they receive their money back if they are banned? seeing as they would lose access to the board that they paid for.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:30:48 pm by HorseMan »

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:31:15 pm »
Donations are non refundable. They have been used already to fund the game Battle Cry of Freedom, as evidenced by the weekly developer blog updates. You will still receive the benefits of donating, but should you find yourself banned from the forum, you will have been considered as giving up the priviledge to the donator board.

The gifts given as thanks for donations are just that, gifts. Should a user decide to violate policies of the forums in such a way as to be determined inconsolable and thus requiring a permanent ban, they have lost the gift of the donator board. They will, however, receive all other gifts of the level of donations met.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:39:22 pm by Deofuta »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 11:31:47 pm »
HorseMan has a question, what about the people that donated just enough money for access to the donations board, do they receive their money back if they are banned?

Refusing to provide a service that was paid for previously. Seems like that is illegal somehow.

Offline 17th_Bern

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17th_Rgl_Bern
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:00 pm »

ofc they would. noone likes getting caught. and noone likes getting told off. thats like me saying "weed is bad for you" - (enter you) "i reckon quite a few ppl would disagree with you on that"

same principle for what your saying. ppl can disagree much like if i get a ticket for parking i disagree with the state and say their in the wrong. but that doesnt stop the fact i parked where i shouldnt.

to be blunt ofc you would. lol no matter what is said here your going to look at it objectively from a certain perspective based on what just happened :P but like i said ppl are fair place to disagree buuuut it doesnt stop it from being just. it was purely a matter of time before FSE had enough.

@James Watson. its not a case of parliament. its not a case of anything on that scale and it never was! its a small role out of courtesy to the community to help with internal affairs i.e. ban reevaluations etc. not a head of state. (what do you mean by education?) and even if he was speaking out against the state he was also abusively posting replies to members of the community with hatred and harsh language. not acceptable for anyone let alone someone who would call himself a "representative" of the community. i dont choose someone who picks on ppl for no good reason. and as far as im concerned im glad he's out he doesnt represent the community. he represents the darker side of the community. one i hope will die with him. (although i doubt it)

You made a comparison I made another one. And I didn't expect you to understand what I said anyways. But what matters here is that a beloved member of the community, and a big one at that, was cast aside tonight. And even though he may represent the dark side of the community, the poll proved how big that "dark side" is around here. Sometimes, good men have to do bad things to make bad men pay.

im sorry is this an opera? you make it sound like a big serious deal. it is tiny tiny its not real politics here its a game!!!
as for the poll, tell me did you see the results? or how many had posted for him who dont wear your aptly placed " Tavington 2013 " logos.
a "beloved member" ... tell that to everyone he has been an asshole to and watch their response. then you will understand. he isnt a "good man against the world" hes a kid. at a computer. playing a game. who lucked out on power / being a menace and acting hatefully towards smaller / individual members of the community.

noone not ONE person on that list of representatives should be there if they dont equally respect the smaller individuals as well as the regiments. not one.
ALL shall FEAR the DIRT CANNONNEERS!

I make videos. its splendid go search the 17thfoot in youtube http://www.youtube.com/17thfoot

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:23 pm »
Donations are non refundable. They have been used already to fund the game Battle Cry of Freedom, as evidenced by the weekly dev blog updates. You will still receive the benefits of donating, but should you find yourself banned from the forum, you will have been considered as giving up rights to the donator board.
You certainly won't be getting my money then.

You all know this is a game right? Not a real life situation? Cause i think many of you are giving way to much attention to all of this FSE vs Community matter.

My advice:

Spoiler
Get out of the house more ofter
[close]

It's different when money comes into it.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSEForums_Sergeant_Horseman
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »
Donations are non refundable. They have been used already to fund the game Battle Cry of Freedom, as evidenced by the weekly dev blog updates. You will still receive the benefits of donating, but should you find yourself banned from the forum, you will have been considered as giving up rights to the donator board.

HorseMan has a reply to your reply, you state that they will remain banned from the forums but receive the product BCoF, now HorseMan has read here on and TW that people who were banned from these forums were also banned from using the NW in game official servers (even though forum violations are separate from ingame ones), so does that mean that they will also be banned from BCoF's offical servers?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:49:30 pm by HorseMan »

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:57 pm »
You all know this is a game right? Not a real life situation? Cause i think many of you are giving way to much attention to all of this FSE vs Community matter.

My advice:

Spoiler
Get out of the house more ofter
[close]

Why are you here posting this then ? It means you care no ?

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 11:36:10 pm »

Except that you refunded Craig when he was community banned for no reason. So you have already created a precedent for how you act, and I am pretty sure that people can bring legal action for treating them differently without announcing the change.

Furthermore, not delivering the goods promised when you incited people to donate is legally speaking more dodgey than Tavington's posts.

Either way you look at it you are kinda stuck with refunding the donators you ban.

Offline James Watson

• Corporal
  • The fisherman everyone hates.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Franciscus
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:32 pm »
Spoiler

im sorry is this an opera? you make it sound like a big serious deal. it is tiny tiny its not real politics here its a game!!!
as for the poll, tell me did you see the results? or how many had posted for him who dont wear your aptly placed " Tavington 2013 " logos.
a "beloved member" ... tell that to everyone he has been an asshole to and watch their response. then you will understand. he isnt a "good man against the world" hes a kid. at a computer. playing a game. who lucked out on power / being a menace and acting hatefully towards smaller / individual members of the community.

noone not ONE person on that list of representatives should be there if they dont equally respect the smaller individuals as well as the regiments. not one.
[close]

First of all, learn how to use spoilers, it hurts my eyes. Next, I simply took it out of proportion because you did it first. I had to speak in your language in order for you to understand me.