Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 96522 times)

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞
« Reply #510 on: May 14, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »
Good Game UK! Just heard the news, sorry I couldn't be there, Love you all... now I'll go get drunk in your honor!

Oh and REVENGE IS OURS!

Offline coignet01

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 14, 2016, 10:57:53 pm »
GG English you are above this year :)

gg English
]

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 14, 2016, 10:58:46 pm »
It's a fucking shame I missed this.
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #513 on: May 14, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
It's a fucking shame I missed this.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2016, 11:25:40 pm »
Congratulations to both teams. Heard it was an intense match.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #515 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:42 pm »

That's it ! The 2016 Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup is now over.
The final has just ended, and after about 2 hours of intense play, the organizers of the tournament are happy to announce the winner of the Cup:

- First Place -

Captain: Archer
Vice-Captain: Glenn

1. Archer
2. Glenn
3. Majestic
4. Rival
5. Wibpaint
6. Skittles
7. Spikey
8. Thorny
9. Narsus
10. Karzark
11. Ludvik
12. Jacob
13. Irish
14. Evan
15. Jellybean
16. Chewitt
17. Twisted

Tag: UK_Name
Unit: Hussars

"It was some consolation for us to have been 
beaten by British Cavalry."

- A French prisonner caught by British hussars.

- Second Place -

Captain: Tardet
Vice-Captain: Famas

1. Tardet
2. Famas
3. Lubukill
4. Peponi
5. Exofrance
6. Destrass
7. Skikers
8. Remao
9. Evan
10. Gladiator
11. Harford
12. Napoléon
13. Treiz
14. Trijine
15. Ouranos
16. Shin
17. Thorvic
18. Telnitz
19. Imideko
20. Hymeros
21. Maxence
22. Pompo

Tag: FRA_Name
Unit: Hussars

"Their hooves were shaking the earth.
They hit the pavements of the greatest cities
of Europe."

- Victor Hugo, French poet.

Score of the Final:

United Kingdom |8-5| France

A new winner every year then. Here are a few facts about this year:

The 2016 Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup has been:

- 2 organizers.
- 62 days of tournament.
- 3 servers.
- 1 map.
- 10 teams.
- 10 Captains and Vice-Captains.
- 209 players fighting for their nations.
- 24 matches played.
- 236 rounds played.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:11:10 am by Erik le Rouge »
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
« Reply #516 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »

The organizers wish to thank everyone who has participated to this 2016 edition of the tournament, as well as all those who helped us by different yet useful ways:

- Thanks to Dodo from Beyond Servers who accepted to sponsor the event, granting us quality servers for all the matches to be played on.

- Thanks to NervaTrajano, who created the map of the tournament (last year).

- Thanks to Lio, Clausewitz, Traeeseron and Sukesa, who have refereed matches when both organizers were unavailable.

- Thanks to JanuszLand & Caylor, who have recorded and uploaded matches on YouTube. Caylor has recorded tonight's final, it should be uploaded soon.

- Many thanks to the captains, vice-captains and players of every team, who did their best to take their nations to the top, by leading them or fighting for them.

- Many thanks to all the non-players, who supported the tournament and/or their national team during this Cup.

We hope this has been an enjoyable tournament for the whole Cavalry community to participate to.
We hope our work has been up to everyone's expectations.
We hope that the Cavalry community will keep shining with great players, regiment and skills, and will keep having fun in all kind of events.
And most of all we hope people had fun !

Sincerely yours,
- Paulin & Erik le Rouge, head organizers of the 2016 Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup.

Offline Majestic

• Sergeant Major
  • worldsbesthussar
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 94th_Gren_Tyrone_Bennett
« Reply #517 on: May 14, 2016, 11:45:31 pm »
gg bois
2x 1v1 Cavalry Duelling Tournament Winner

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
« Reply #518 on: May 14, 2016, 11:50:47 pm »
Woah that's a surprise! I couldnt watch the event but it must have been spectacular. Really good job UK! GG to France too, getting to the final three times in a row shows that they have the most consistent team.
2 hours of playing is a long time, must have been intense!
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Pumpkin McPeanut

• Private
    • View Profile

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
That was a great match, sadly my internet went out for the intense rounds however i was there most of the time!

Finally after 2 unsuccessful attempts to even get into the final we finally got there, and we won it! Can't express how proud I am of the boys and how well we played throughout the tournament, its been a pleasure. Also special mention to Glenn who has been a superb vice-captain even though there were differences that needed to be settled but also sadly couldn't be there for the final. This team showed how teamwork and good spirit can bring you to the top, every game we played we played for fun and enjoyed ourselves while playing. We lost every single friendly but we had fun while playing them and learned a lot about each other. I feel like we got a bit written off this tournament with having old out of touch faces appearing and less young "cav gf" talent in the team, however i am glad we could prove everyone wrong to go on to win it. Every player on the roster had done their bit and showed good character (quoting brendan rodgers here) to go on win the tournament. Big thanks to Paula and Erik for hosting a awesome tournament with interesting interviews, after match summaries and facts which made the tournament a lot more fun!

With this tournament ending so will my time with NW, after 3 years of being in the community. As a captain who started with a handful of inexperienced men under CENKRIS to winning everything with my regiment and then even the Cavalry Nations Cup as captain. I've done it all, this tournament being the last thing on my list I can now happily leave the community done everything I set out to do. I want to thank 4e hussards and old boys from the 15th Hussars the most for being the greatest community I've been part off, honestly the best guys I have ever met. The amount of fun I had there is mind blowing from this simple game i stumbled into after watching a shitty Malakith video, and so happy i did watch those 40 minutes of a shitty clusterfuck siege. Even outside the regiment I met a lot of wonderful people and also some huge cunts but thats what made the game great. Much love to Erik, for organising the event and making it a great experience but mostly for being one of the best guys i have ever met. 3 years of knowing this french connard and not once i doubted or thought anything bad of him, amount of memories shared will stay with me for a while. I couldn't have had a better successor at 4e than him and im sure he will end up winning everything soon enough.

And if anyone wonders what i'll be doing with my life, im on my way becoming a professional CS:GO player so you might see me on TV soon enough ;)

Thanks again for a great tournament and much love to everyone <3

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz

becoming a professional CS:GO player

Spoiler
Spoiler
:-*
[close]
[close]

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
Yes, it was a very intense and close match. I was with nearly 38 degrees fever and I couldn't turn off the computer and rest because the sight was simply beautiful. I think Archer and his players have shut many people up. People that haven't trusted him or his team. It's quite satisfying and you guys can be VERY proud of what you did here.

I feel sorry for the nice Frenchies I know, but you can't win always. Let us plebs win from time to time :3 Great performance anyway!

The fact that UK has won means that anyone can win if you do things right. So I hope you guys stop pointing out who has better players, better leadership, or whatever. Every detail counts. UK has taught us a lesson we must not forget.

Many thanks to Erik, because all his projects are a great success, and despite our differences (they have been many this time :))) you have always been there for me and I appreciate it a lot. Looking forward for the Cavalry League.

A special mention for my beloved Spaniards who fought bravely during the whole event. This tournament made us to get close and share a beautiful feeling. It's been very hard (at least for me) to keep the spirit up until the very end, I understand now what Traeeseron said in his interview.
I know that the newest members (the most motivated people this year, I must admit) are now ready for future tournaments.
And to end these cheesy message, thank you, Traeeseron, you fucking Corean. This couldn't have been possible without you. You're the best captain I've ever had, I've always said it, and always will. Great leader, better person. Coach <3

By the way, Archer, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, I tried to leave once but ended up coming back. I've always said that doesn't matter how many new games you buy, you will always come back to Warband. But I guess being a MLG player is going to keep you quite busy. Best of luck :)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
You guys are luck NA wasn't there  ::)

Or what, we'd have lancers participating, too? :P

Anyway, I'd like to thank both organisers for what felt like a fluent and well-organised cup. Credits for the first page, too - still looks nice.

I would also like to give a shoutout to Clausewitz, who I think did a great job at commanding the Benelux team until the BNL-UK match. Would have loved to seen a bit more positivity then. :s But an overall great effort and attitude. The same goes for Lio (and his carrying of the BNL team). Still a bit disappointed I didn't get to rek the Germans a second time, though.

As for the next cavalry nations cup (if we ever have an additional one); I hope we can get a different map. qq

Also, I have been wanting to point out something regarding my nationality, where some participators complained about me signing up for and playing for the BNL team. Just a lil' something for you all. The German team captain is a Slovak, the Czech team captain a Belgian, the Turkish team captain an Azerbaijani and the British team captain is from the Baltics (if I recall correctly). Now, I don't mind this fact. As a matter of fact, I encourage this. I believe all the players selected for the role of team captain were more than suitable for the job. However, keep in mind that it is the 21st century, and people move more than before - we have dual-nationalities. If we just go by the country we live in, I could have been a part of the German team last year, and the Russian team next year.

Back to the cup itself though; a really good job to the team captains and vice-captains for assembling such strong teams. Nice to see some old and new names fighting side by side.

I'm looking forward to the next addition, if we ever have one.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
First of all Congratz to UK and France for reaching the final and UK for winning this competition.

In addition to that ahuge Thank you ! for both organizer Erik and Paulin. I would like to say thank you to every other player and referee for their amazing work. I'm very looking forward to the next cavalry nations cup, 2017. (If there will be one ;) ) and all the other great tournaments in the future :3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:54:18 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players