Author Topic: Politics Thread V5  (Read 9782 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Politics Thread V5
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2015, 08:43:08 am »
I don't know enough about Kulinski's use of the term to comment on it. Generally it's not used to refer to feminism in the ways we're discussing, though which is why I pointed it out originally. However I don't entirely trust an internet talk show host's 'coinage' of the word when his name is not mentioned in any other setting in reference to the term.

You agree with 1st, 2nd wave and 'choice feminism', ok. Your arguments attempting to discredit 3rd wave feminism are still incredibly lackluster and don't prove much except the obvious fact that you don't understand what it's really about. Without a solid grasp on what 3rd wave feminism attempts to accomplish and the theory and basis behind it, you cannot call yourself a feminist in any way, shape or form.

What's incorrect is not that you only support some forms of feminism, but that the aspects you support and oppose are completely inconsistent with their true goals and intentions. You misconstrue 3rd wave arguments to a point where they're entirely irrelevant to wider feminism, back up your accusations with examples of cherrypicked tumblr posts and feminist social media campaigns, and then act as if you somehow proved a point when in reality you merely pointed out the flawed arguments in the ideas of someone who probably got more attention from butthurt MRAs than they would have from other feminists had they been left alone. A bit absurd, don't you think?

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2015, 09:08:01 am »
For the most part, we admire our own opinions and become fond of arguing. In this we do much harm.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
  • Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #FreeFieldshire
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2015, 09:20:02 am »
Problem is, that Gluk is indeed a woman.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »
somebody is gonna get their ass kicked

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2015, 07:21:50 pm »
Nice quote.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »
I don't know enough about Kulinski's use of the term to comment on it. Generally it's not used to refer to feminism in the ways we're discussing, though which is why I pointed it out originally. However I don't entirely trust an internet talk show host's 'coinage' of the word when his name is not mentioned in any other setting in reference to the term.
Whether you with to use Kulinski's terminology is irrelevant if you understand the way in which i am using this terminology. Should i just use "Extremist Feminism?" instead? Regardless, this isn't a counter argument, just questioning whether we should this terminology or not, this sub-argument has almost nothing to do with the greater argument being presented.

You agree with 1st, 2nd wave and 'choice feminism', ok. Your arguments attempting to discredit 3rd wave feminism are still incredibly lackluster and don't prove much except the obvious fact that you don't understand what it's really about. Without a solid grasp on what 3rd wave feminism attempts to accomplish and the theory and basis behind it, you cannot call yourself a feminist in any way, shape or form.
I do not call myself a feminist so i do not care. Also as i explained, i do not wish to discredit 3rd wave feminism as a whole because choice feminism IS 3rd wave feminism. and the fact that you put choice feminism in apostrophes makes me wonder if you even know what choice feminism is. Also this is a MAJOR side step and you did not attack any of my major arguments. Saying that "oh you just don't understand" is not a real argument. How do i know that you have any idea what you're talking about? Are you a professor on the subject? As far as i know, you're just some scrub on the internet so neither of us has any more authority over the other, it's what we bring to the debate with actually contentions.

What's incorrect is not that you only support some forms of feminism, but that the aspects you support and oppose are completely inconsistent with their true goals and intentions. You misconstrue 3rd wave arguments to a point where they're entirely irrelevant to wider feminism, back up your accusations with examples of cherrypicked tumblr posts and feminist social media campaigns, and then act as if you somehow proved a point when in reality you merely pointed out the flawed arguments in the ideas of someone who probably got more attention from butthurt MRAs than they would have from other feminists had they been left alone. A bit absurd, don't you think?
I have never said that they are totally inconsistent, there can be levels of cross overs but for the most part, choice feminism is different and often opposing to extremist feminism. So onto your second point here, Gamergate is a perfect example of a two sided debate. You have Pro-Gamergate gamers and even some feminists against anti-gamergate who are almost entirely made up of extremist feminists. This isn't even cherry picked, you know how i know? Because Anti-gamergate gets on NATIONAL TV while pro-gamergate gets called "sexist, misogynist, ect" while being ignored by everyone else. People who aren't involved in gamergate or who have never played games before might have been watching that and get a completely bias perspective on the actual issue and what it's about. To believe that it was the MRAs who got Anita Sarkeesian on national TV is a bit absurd, don't you think?

Then there is Ban Bossy which got huge amounts of support by the extremist feminists, they got fucking celebrities and shit to do that. It was not seen mostly by MRAs, maybe some of the smaller movements like #GiveYourMoneyToWomen (still a real hashtag) got more attention from MRAs then actual feminists but the larger movements, i can't believe that. Also just because someone is anti-extremist feminist does not mean they are MRA. I have just as many things wrong with MRAs as i do with extremist feminists. Largely i oppose them on the none nonsensical idea that women are not human and do not produce feelings, but are instead leeches. That idea is just plain laughable. This is why i identify as an egalitarian, it allows me to sit in the center and decide which individual ideas i want to agree with and which ideas i want to disagree with.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:18:01 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2015, 05:22:56 am »
Gluk doesn't understand the importance of China in all of this.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2015, 05:51:51 am »
Sorry great leader, i'll be sure to talk more about trump.

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2015, 06:11:25 am »

Sorry great leader, i'll be sure to talk more about trump.
Gluk,you hermaphrodite, just stop.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 06:42:53 am »
hot, sending that to all my friends.

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 06:44:16 am »
I fucking love fruit loops. Like growing up that and Cheerios were my favorite.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2015, 06:45:15 am »
I can't eat cheerios without honey or sugar or both :P

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2015, 06:46:22 am »
Ask Howe, he can eat them out of your ass for you.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2015, 06:48:04 am »
Okay, make sure he drowns my ass with sugar. I want to feel the sugar stinging my anal cavity while he eats the brown and red cheerios.

Offline ZiggyFallz

• Volunteer
  • "Colonel Howe is my best internet friend, help."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mr.Fallon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2015, 06:48:40 am »
Okay, make sure he drowns my ass with sugar. I want to feel the sugar stinging my anal cavity while he eats the brown and red cheerios.
Yo Gluke, how about this:
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."- Adolf Hitler