Author Topic: What is NW for you?  (Read 7106 times)

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
  • Side: Union
Re: What is NW for you?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 07:51:20 am »
Before I could play warband for hours but now I can hardly stand line battles unless they are line only because they are much faster paced.

NW for me is fucking around with some dudes I met online in a game that has a certain charm.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 08:29:13 am »
I only have 400 something hours on the game but I don't really know why I play it. I went into NW thinking it'd be like realism events all the time. I think the whole game is decent but it's nothing what I was hoping for. However, I think the lads are really cool that play so that's what keeps me still playing.

For me NW is just chilling with friends at the end of the night while playing a game.

AeroNinja

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:03 am »
I have spend like 3700+ hours on this game. Sat in tons of regiments yes I agree I was a regimenthopper. Now I found the 4e sitting a long time in it. NW changed drastically for me. Began to be more fun as all the members are nice peeps and stuff. I'm only sad EU1 is gone. Bloody good times with the old regiments hopping on it.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 09:21:53 am »
I've played this game for a year now, and realized NW is another game I'm wasting my life on, but meeting kewl kids at the same time
click here to join the 84th

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 11:02:47 am »
I only have 400 something hours on the game but I don't really know why I play it. I went into NW thinking it'd be like realism events all the time. I think the whole game is decent but it's nothing what I was hoping for. However, I think the lads are really cool that play so that's what keeps me still playing.

For me NW is just chilling with friends at the end of the night while playing a game.

I only use the forums to check out Imperials latest Avatar. We'll get you help bud.

Phailur

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 11:26:41 am »
I don't really know anymore. I've been playing this for 4 years (including MM of course) and i'd like to say that its because of the community but tbh right now, the community is at its worst point in history. It's practically dead, the only community that you can find in NW if you're not on the forums is within your regiment really. I like to blame it on the fact that NW was more focused on being a commercial game. Melee in MM was better as their was a much bigger skill cap (and an up-stun, jump-crouch-stab and OMGPLSCOMEBACK), ofc for commercial reasons the skill cap in NW was gradually being reduced for newbie players from what was in MM alongside the upstab. This was the early phase of NW, when it was popular and still new. Then came the middle phase, which was the era for trolls. After that beautiful era, the community kept on going downhill until here we are (again, i took a break at one point so thats as far as i know). Most active people using the forums just meme and occasionally some more experienced players look to the past, its a really active and productive forum.

I used to be burnt out with the game so i took a break (in which nr.24, 14e, 17e became popular, probably because i wasnt recking them with artillery so they had a chance to practice melee  ::) ). When i came back, i started playing as infantry and a year later, today, i still actually enjoy melee and i enjoy improving my melee skills and playing competitively. Sadly, the only visible hope for both a bigger, more active community with a good competitive side is bannerlord.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 11:50:24 am »
Cancer.

Phailur

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 12:00:14 pm »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:18 pm »
A dying game with some godawful, passive aggressive, autistic public players that have made me question why I haven't been involved more in regimental stuff instead in the past...

...but still gud fun two years on  :-[
<3

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 01:49:48 pm »
I barely play anymore, maybe 1-2 events a week depending what they are, some weeks none and I never play on public servers anymore. Why I still go to 1-2 events a week I really don't know, I guess it's just something to do when I have nothing better to do.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 02:02:12 pm »
Because I like the game.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:20 pm »
I like the people in the Regiment and im always hooked when there is a competitive scene. Also I really like the melee system.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 04:07:12 pm »

You play NW because of me babe

I have like 1500 hours ish and the reason I still play is because of the people and the community (Except for PurplePanda hes a known troll) I goto Cav events occasionally with the people I like playing with and I occasionally go on NA groupfighting or NA Duels its alot of fun in my opinion to clutch in like a 1v3 (even though that basically never happens :"c)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:11:17 pm by maccle »
huh

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »
I think that the older members of the community (joined in 2012 or before) are stoll here because of the bond they created with fellow regimental members. The friendships made and the moments of fun and hapiness kept them in the game. I don't see many people that are old members that arent in a regiment. Those who quited just felt they were done with it because of problems their regiment caused or, bad regimental experience.

Offline Batraan

• First Lieutenant
  • Official FSE Judge, Jury and Exicutioner. Thx Gluk
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 00th_Vtrn_The_Fir_Darrig
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 06:18:17 pm »
Been here since New Years day 2013, and I'm still around because I just find this an awesome game to play.  I used to mainly play on the EU server Pirate Battle 1. This was my very first game where I actually got into the multi-player so I guess that has a kind of unique charm to it. Then I actually figured what ping was and began to migrate to NA1. I enjoyed the large battles that could be found there. I've made friends from either just goofing around in the servers, or from joining the 00th, so it's always fun to mess around with them.

Plus I love the time period and its combat. Though I find standing in a line to get shot at is exceedingly dumb, I love mussel loading muskets and the swords.

(Not Napoleonic, but basically this video sums up what happens when lines meet people who have trees, rocks and in general have the sense to not stand in a line to get shot. In other words a polite version of a line battle.)

.... now I really want a line battle to go like this.