Author Topic: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming  (Read 274402 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming
« Reply #960 on: March 02, 2016, 01:02:18 am »
Obviously they run the server so they can do what they want, but the USMC is large enough to where it doesn't need more recruits. It gets to a point where it just starts to make other regiments suffer and overall just hurts the community.

Super regs are not good for the game community.

And if you are gonna recruit everyone, atleast do some 1v1s and introduce them to the competitive scene

Define your terms and don't generalize.

The 63e brings more than us and the 54th looks like they have around 30 active. What does it mean for a regiment to suffer? 5-10 attendance? How is it hurting the community?

Is a regiment with 30-40 guys really a 'super reg'?

Try joining the server sometime, I think you'll see that not everyone is in our regiment — that kind of sounds like you jumped to conclusions. I usually see one or two USMC players out of however many pubs we have playing, usually 50-80.

Lastly, are we not introducing them to the competitive scene? Out of however many NANWL seasons there have been, we have only missed one.

I would focus on actual problems hurting the community. Some ideas: reg hoppers, bandwagon regs, leaders that get 30 attendance and change names x50 times, blahblahblah.

/rant
You regiment doesnt have 30-40 guys. The USMC steam group has more than 200, double of what the 54th has. And you got me with the 63e. They did the same thing you are doing right now, monopolize all the players. Its not just NWL that i was referring to. Didnt you just start doing 1v1s again?

When all the public players play on one server and that server doesnt allow recruiting, it makes it difficult for regiments, especially newer regiments, to get active members. If a regiment doesnt have active members it disbands. It also dissuades people from starting a regiment because it would be almost impossible to get members. Less regiments= Bad for community

Reg hopping is almost impossible to stop. If someone doesnt like a reg, they leave simple as that. Bandwagon regiments can be good/bad. Some, like HMS, are instable and prone to disbands. But some, like the 71st (according to Alex we a bandwagon reg), are some of the most stable regiments. i dont see how name changing hurts the community, but ok.

And nick i did say the 63e are hurting the community. Different thread tho :P
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #961 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:46 am »
I wish we could get 200 people on. :'(

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #962 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:21 am »
You regiment doesnt have 30-40 guys. The USMC steam group has more than 200, double of what the 54th has. And you got me with the 63e. They did the same thing you are doing right now, monopolize all the players. Its not just NWL that i was referring to. Didnt you just start doing 1v1s again?

30-40 active*, we don't kick people out of the Steam group like we used to. Again, how are we "monopolizing all of the players"? Join our server. Look how many pubs you see. Seriously, do it. I formed this regiment with two friends and we happened to last.

This is our active roster.

When all the public players play on one server and that server doesnt allow recruiting, it makes it difficult for regiments, especially newer regiments, to get active members. If a regiment doesnt have active members it disbands. It also dissuades people from starting a regiment because it would be almost impossible to get members. Less regiments= Bad for community

That sucks :-\. Why don't they try running their own servers? Our server could've easily failed and no one would've batted an eye. In the 3+ years we've been around, we have always used something like NA1 or word of mouth to recruit. This is new for us.

Reg hopping is almost impossible to stop. If someone doesnt like a reg, they leave simple as that. Bandwagon regiments can be good/bad. Some, like HMS, are instable and prone to disbands. But some, like the 71st (according to Alex we a bandwagon reg), are some of the most stable regiments. i dont see how name changing hurts the community, but ok.

I'm not questioning the stability, I'm questioning if it's good for the community or not. I didn't and will not bring up any regiments that are deemed 'bandwagons' just to avoid salt. In my opinion, competition is lost when a player (or players) join a sub-par regiment only to have it become best NA instantly. Just for example, an amazing player joins an unknown regiment, everyone follows him, and the next week they join another regiment only to make it become best NA.

Changing names/excessive disbanding hurts the community much more than a server like 63e_NA_Siege or BBG_Bot_Survival. I'm not sure if you were around, but I'll just say that there was a regiment that grew to 20-30 active in weeks only to name change/disband multiple times. This caused many players to stop playing the game that were in the regiment.

Offline Bingo

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 02, 2016, 03:48:23 am »
Name: I_GET_MORE_PUSSY_THAN_YOU
Offense: Rule #1
Why should you be unbanned?
snip
Time/Date: banned some where in late February
My bad for breaking rule #1 I was messing around when I shouldn't have been.
I am appealing because I feel that the Napoleonic wars community is very connected and tight knit and I dont want to miss out on a sever that gets multiplayer perfect because of a dumb name.
Thanks for your consideration.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:03:55 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #964 on: March 02, 2016, 03:49:41 am »

Name: I_GET_MORE_PUSSY_THAN_YOU
Offense: Rule #1
Why should you be unbanned?
snip
Time/Date: banned some where in late February
My bad for breaking rule #1 I was messing around when I shouldn't have been.
I am appealing because I feel that the Napoleonic wars community is very connected and tight knit and I dont want to miss out on a sever that gets multiplayer perfect because of a dumb name.
Thanks for your consideration.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:04:07 am by Thunderstormer »
click here to join the 84th

Offline Ayrton5311

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Capone
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #965 on: March 02, 2016, 05:30:28 am »
Ban Request:Ayrton5311
Name:Papito_pakulu
Offense: was trolling in chat, broke all defenses mulitple rounds, and also calling us multiple words.
Proof:By me and whole server (In chat) by most in game while destroying defenses
Time/Date:3/1/16
Capone

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 02, 2016, 05:35:54 am »
Offense: was trolling in chat, broke all defenses mulitple rounds, and also calling us multiple words.
Proof:By me and whole server (In chat) by most in game while destroying defenses

Video evidence would be helpful, but other than that there is insufficient evidence to get him banned.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:21 pm »
Name: [3DM]Lt_Andee_Muller
Offense: Not a clue. Tried to join after not playing for a week+ and I was banned.
Why should you be unbanned?: I don't know why I was banned.
User ID #: 401976
Time/Date: February 2016
xD

Offline Fildo_Daggins

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #968 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:11 am »
If you have a regiment and you want to recruit then rent your own server. Why is it everyone's responsibility to help you recruit for your regiment?

Create a savings group that allows PayPal or bitcoin donations. Have your members help donate or foot the bill yourself for the first month to open the door for donations.

Customize the server and promote it to bring in more people.

Recruit however you want.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 03, 2016, 12:56:59 am »
If you have a regiment and you want to recruit then rent your own server. Why is it everyone's responsibility to help you recruit for your regiment?

Create a savings group that allows PayPal or bitcoin donations. Have your members help donate or foot the bill yourself for the first month to open the door for donations.

Well put. I should've said something like that earlier.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:11 am »

Well put. I should've said something like that earlier.

This isn't in my direction, is it?
xD

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 04, 2016, 02:58:17 am »
Name: [3DM]Lt_Andee_Muller
Offense: Not a clue. Tried to join after not playing for a week+ and I was banned.
Why should you be unbanned?: I don't know why I was banned.
User ID #: 401976
Time/Date: February 2016

Unbanned

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 04, 2016, 02:58:29 am »
Not at all.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:32 am »

Not enough evidence for a ban, thanks for the report.

Offline MPman859

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Burrito_Bandito
« Reply #974 on: March 04, 2016, 07:38:50 am »
Ban Request:

Name: CrumI , TBIades , The_FIying_Hobo
Offense: These guys are part of a wave of trolls that have been roaming around this server tonight. The screen shots below only show a fraction of what they have been putting players through. On top of that, The_FIying_Hobo started a poll to have me kicked. Most likely randomly as I had no interaction with these kids.

On a map (possibly even a few maps) before the one depicted by the screenshots, there were 3 sapper trolls running circles around the map while everyone else was dead (except for the bots of course). They were voted out of the server one by one. Most likely they are the same 3 sappers under different names.

Also looks like they are replacing lower case "L" with uppercase "I". Most likely to evade an eventual ban and/or to impersonate other players. 
Proof:
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler

[close]
Time/Date::~9:00-10:00 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) March 3rd