Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 315083 times)

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #675 on: February 27, 2014, 03:53:34 pm »
A member of my regiment, the dear Folmer, spews out scenes like a chinese factory spews out cheap plastic toys. Now this is all great but it gets tiresome waiting for the map to download at a rate of 20kb/s. Is there a .cfg or .txt file you can change to up the download speed?

Thanks in advance,
Yde
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:51:10 pm by Yde »
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #676 on: February 27, 2014, 05:24:09 pm »
Now this is all great but it gets tiresome waiting for the map to download at a rate of 20kb/s. Is there a .cfg or .txt file you can change to up the download speed?

I'm afraid not, it all depends on your download speed and the quality of the server connection. I wish there was a magic number we could all type into the module system...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Yde

• Donator
  • Aut delectare aut prodesse est
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_KHJ_Ljt_Yde
« Reply #677 on: February 27, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »
Now this is all great but it gets tiresome waiting for the map to download at a rate of 20kb/s. Is there a .cfg or .txt file you can change to up the download speed?

I'm afraid not, it all depends on your download speed and the quality of the server connection. I wish there was a magic number we could all type into the module system...
I must respectfully disagree  :) It seems impossible that every server ever sends maps to players at the same speed. Also, 20kb/s is a ridiculously low number. A bad internet connection will have around 5mb which means 250 times the speed of downloading a Mount and Blade map. Now, my connection has 40mb download which makes it even more ridiculous. This was all to refute the hypothesis that the internet connection would be the limiting factor, so it is still entirely possible that it is hardcoded into the server files and can't be changed via .cfg or .txt

Edit: The master has spoken :D We rented from ArcticServers and the aforementioned chinese factory asked the owner Felix, and said that 20kb/s was around the maximum stable download speed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:37:49 pm by Yde »
Løjtnant Yde, øverstkommanderende i det
Kongelige Holstenske Jægerkorps, medlem af
det Danske Auxiliærkorps i hans Majestæt
Kong Frederik den VIs tjeneste

Offline Muddy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 28, 2014, 05:52:27 am »
  Basically trying to expand on the partisan zombies mod and make it executable from the admin menu in game (like battle,tdm, conquest). We already have the script running that works with no needed client download. I was just wondering if there is a way to change the features (color,or skins) of the partisan/zombie server side to client?

Does anyone have a idea as to how a custom map is downloaded from server to client? I have asked around a bit and nobody seems to know exactly how the it is done and was wondering if there may be a backdoor way of adding a simple skin or texture for the clients?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:18 am »
That sounds pretty awesome! Unfortunately the skins and other individual changes to the unit will have to be downloaded as a separate client mod, I recommend you including a link to the download in your server's thread. If people don't have the mod it'll basically be a "peasant rush" scenario that involves loads of partizani.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
  • One, who prefer to be Comrade that Human Resource
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:44 pm »
I have a little problem. I'm trying to edit aiming animation, so I've edited 'ready_musket' animation, but in game, every few seconds musket just for a brief moment come back to original aiming position. Anyone knows what may be a reason of such situation? Is there any other animation which I should edit, or is it just flaw of WB engine and there's nothing what I can do with it?

EDIT: I believe that I understand now. I mounted gun to left hand in shooting animation and now everytime when animation ends and game must start it from the beginning for a short moment game moves gun to right hand. Does anyone know whether it is possible to avoid it?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:07:25 pm by Raddeo »
There is a story that scientists built an inteligent computer.
The first question they asked it was "Is there a God?"
The computer replied "There is now."
And the bolt of lightning struck the plug,
So it couldn't be turned off.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #681 on: March 04, 2014, 10:56:26 am »
Edit the frames the animation starts at and ends at, should be something like 0, 5 . Since it's clientside you dont have to worry about getting kicked from the servers. The Module System will change the file actions.txt

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 04, 2014, 11:13:59 am »
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Why should that help? Same things happens with original Native crossbows with original Native animation, so it's probably not fault of my animation.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:15 am »
Try to change the overdue of the animation(something like 2.5). As far as i remember  the ready_musket has the _keep flag assigned to it. So that means that once the animation time is over, it will restart. Probably you didn't edit all frames or your animation doesn't use all the correct frames you modified. Or, most likely, the starting frame for your animation is wrong and doesnt have the proper pose.

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:42 pm »
No and no :( I've changed all frames (even if not, it should impossible to switch musket from one hand to another using just animation), first frame (which do not appear in openbrf) has normal 'cross' pose, the same as all other animations. Are you sure that _keep flag shout restart animation? Doesn't it rather keep last frame of animation? Because when I changed starting and ending frame (to 0, 5) after end of animation game was still using last frame of it instead of starting it from the beginning. Problem is, that when animation ends for a short moment game mount musket to right hand instead of left one. For me it seems that when animation ends and theoretically game has to choose new one (in our case there's just one animation so there's nothing to choose) game switch musket to default right hand because flag is connected with one certain animation, not whole ready_musket action. I may be wrong of course, I'm just trying to understand why the game do it :)

btw. is there any kind of document with description of all available flags? In header_animations there are only their names and it doesn't help at all.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #685 on: March 04, 2014, 04:44:40 pm »
I could be misunderstanding the issue here (I'm not too savy with the animations) but have you tried mirroring the animation in openbrf? It should have the effect of the item not having to switch hands.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 04, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »
Okay, i understand your problem. There's another useful flag called stick_to_left_hand . Try to use it in your animation or remove it. Unfortunately i couldn't find any reference for the header_files, all you need is see what they do in practice.

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 04, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »
stick_to_left_hand? Not rather arf_stick_item_to_left_hand? I've already used it. I's necessary to force game to hold gun in left hand instead of right one. But it's supposed to be used for single animation, not whole action. Problem is, that every few seconds game switches gun back to right hand for a while.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2014, 08:07:28 pm »
Yeah, that's why I suggested mirroring the animation with openbrf. If you wanted to try it, you'd need to get rid of all the "stick to whatever hand" stuff in the animations python file. It may not exactly what you're looking for (with the mirrored animation) but it should avoid any magic tricks with the hand-to-hand jumping...

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
Sorry Parrot I forgot to answer you (I'm drunk a bit :P ). It won't work. Taleworlds did it's best to make our lifes harder and mirroring animation will give use nothing, as openbrf will automaticly change bones. So hand which is on the right side will always be right hand and the one on the left side will be left hand :) Normally musket is in the right hand, so if I get rid of 'stick to whatever hand' flags, musket will be in right hand.