Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 313921 times)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #570 on: December 05, 2013, 09:31:09 pm »
What's the name of the model of the British Officer pants?

It's the lighter of the two Russian Dragoon pants
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
« Reply #571 on: December 05, 2013, 10:03:32 pm »
Yep, thanks.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #572 on: December 07, 2013, 10:11:44 pm »
How do you change the menu screen for the game? I wanted to add something a little bit special I found and wanted to add it in.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #573 on: December 08, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
How do you change the menu screen for the game? I wanted to add something a little bit special I found and wanted to add it in.

The DDS file you want is main_menu_nord in the textures file. You can create a new one with any resolution you want (the default one is some strange square res that I didn't pay attention to when editing).

But to ensure that you get your stuff in the right places you should re-size the default one to the size you want, create a layer over it and change the opacity so that you can work on your new menu with the old one in reference to your new resolution. The trick with re-skinning the UI is all about the layers and references to the default ones.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2013, 04:43:44 am »
I was wondering if there was a comprehensive guide anywhere on how to make skins?

Offline Jonasspil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SJK_Spj_Folmer
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2013, 06:09:41 pm »
I have a question on scripting in M&B :)

I'm new to this aspect of modding, and really want to learn it (or at least a little bit) now im trying to learn the triggers and operrations.
I have been looking through all the scripts and triggers in M&B and i was trying to stack a "healing" feature together from different other scripts.

I though to use the "hit_agent" to determent the play who was hit by a medic but im a bit confused with how it works.

So far i made this.. not sure if it even makes scenes or if im completely off :/

(try_begin),
          (agent_get_team,":hit_agent"),
          (eq,":hit_agent",":agent_is_ally),
          (agent_set_hit_points, ":hit_agent_no", 100, 0),
        (try_end),

I would love to hear if you guys have any advice's or inputs that might help :)

Jonas~
A member of my regiment, the dear Folmer, spews out scenes like a chinese factory spews out cheap plastic toys.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #576 on: December 18, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »
mmm, that piece of code makes no sense. You can use ti_on_agent_hit (CTRL + Shift + F it in the MS for some examples of it) in a module_mission_templates trigger though.

Offline Martastik

• First Lieutenant
  • Real Col of the real 1erCrb Martastik
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2013, 12:32:49 am »
Can I make a request for custom textures here? If not, my sincerest appologies and please be so kind as to point me in the right direction!

Offline Jack

• First Lieutenant
  • Honneur et Fidélité
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2013, 03:05:09 am »
Hello !

I'm new here and I have a question I would like to ask. I read some topics about re-textures of the uniform's skins but I didn't find a topic about creating new skins.

For example, I am triyng to change the color of the voltigeur's pants into red (originally grey) but without deleting the grey pants for the other regiments (45e). So is it possible to make the 45e wear the vistula's pants and not the voltigeur officier pants for exemple?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:50:42 pm by Jack »
"For fangs I may have none but I have mind and it is sharper than any tooth."

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »
Not possible without editing the code because those pants are shared with a lot of units.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #580 on: December 21, 2013, 01:46:13 pm »
i want to turn down smoke on a different module of NW how would one do this?

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #581 on: December 21, 2013, 11:36:14 pm »
So I have been trying to replace the sounds of the Prussian war cries/orders with the voices of fellows from my regiment. I renamed one of the new voices accordingly, however it does not work. What am I doing wrong?
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #582 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:18 pm »
Make sure its the same file type

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #583 on: December 22, 2013, 01:17:43 am »
i want to turn down smoke on a different module of NW how would one do this?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #584 on: December 22, 2013, 10:25:45 pm »
Not possible without editing the code because those pants are shared with a lot of units.

It's possible, I managed to separate all of the British, French, and Russian pants in my mod. It takes quite a bit of time and patience though, so grab a nice beer and some good music, and settle down with OpenBRF.

-----------------------------------------------

What you'll want to do first is single out which unit you want to change the pants mesh for, let's take the French as an example, because apparently their trousers were so comfortable everyone decided to wear them. The basic French pants are located in the mm_french_uniforms.brf file, they are called french_basic_infantry_pants and they are currently linked to all basic French infantry units, and some others in other factions.

I'm going to take a second to explain how the unit meshes are currently set up in the uniform BRFs. For all units, you have the torso meshes and the pants, the torso stuff will all have the same name with a number behind it. The pants are all separate, either with the unit's name in, or shared with a pool of other units. MW looks at the torso meshes and then combines them with the correct pants mesh that it has been told to combine the torso with. If it can't find one of these meshes, it won't load it, and you'll get an invisible body part.

Now back to business....

First thing, rename your French infantry pants something else. I renamed mine "french_basic_infantry_pants (old)", now NW won't load that mesh because it can't find the right name. Load up NW and have a look at which regiments are missing their pants, make a note as this will save time later.

Head back into OpenBRF and copy paste the "french_basic_infantry_pants" mesh underneath all the torso meshes of the units that were missing their pants in-game. Rename the meshes to the name of the torso and add the next number in sequence at the end. Here's an example:

This:

Code
french_84e_body_ranker
french_84e_body_ranker.1
french_84e_body_ranker.2
french_basic_infantry_pants

Becomes:

Code
french_84e_body_ranker
french_84e_body_ranker.1
french_84e_body_ranker.2
french_84e_body_ranker.3

Because you changed the name of the normal French infantry pants, NW won't load them, but because the torso mesh now includes the pants, they'll be loaded with the torso. Great hmm? Simply do this with all the units you listed as not having pants and you're almost there.

To make sure that they don't vanish at certain distances, right click on the mesh and choose the option "Compute LODs". Save the BRF and you're done!

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering about the pants problems. I'll have a look at breaking the shared shako problem as well.