Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 315178 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
Dont really know, i'd just edit the default NW one.

Offline Carolus

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #526 on: November 14, 2013, 04:16:24 pm »
I'm also wondering what the correct way is to save textures.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:18:36 pm by Carolus »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #527 on: November 14, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »
(.dds) = Texture source files. If you're just editing texture files, this is what you save it as. However, make sure before editing them you have a .dds plugin for whatever photo editing software you are using (GIMP2, Photoshop, etc.).

Offline Carolus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 14, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »
(.dds) = Texture source files. If you're just editing texture files, this is what you save it as. However, make sure before editing them you have a .dds plugin for whatever photo editing software you are using (GIMP2, Photoshop, etc.).

That I have, use the NVIDIA Tools for CS5. But my issue is when it comes to saving. After editing a texture I can save it as DXT1, but that leaves black boxes around the edited parts. If I save it as DXT5 and keep the alpha channels no changes show up on the uniform.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #529 on: November 14, 2013, 05:04:15 pm »
Strange. It's been awhile since I retextured something. I'll check for you later or tomorrow, or maybe one of the better more notable modders can help.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #530 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:11 pm »
It sounds like it might only be exporting one layer (probably the one you have selected at the time, but also possibly just the top layer). Try merging the visible layers into another layer and moving it to the top of the pile, and selecting it, before you export.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Carolus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 14, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »
It sounds like it might only be exporting one layer (probably the one you have selected at the time, but also possibly just the top layer). Try merging the visible layers into another layer and moving it to the top of the pile, and selecting it, before you export.

Tried merging everything into one layer and selecting it before saving, but no luck. Black boxes still encircle the edited parts.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #532 on: November 14, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »

Tried merging everything into one layer and selecting it before saving, but no luck. Black boxes still encircle the edited parts.
I know dis: Go to Channels tab and click the alpha, edit it there. Thats what adds the transparency
The first modder for NW.

Offline Carolus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 15, 2013, 12:38:53 am »
Thanks, that worked. I had to change the number I wanted edited in the alpha folder before adding the number to the texture.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #534 on: November 15, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »
I want to rename the British Sailors but i cant find either the french or British sailors only Marines,Naval Arty, and Captains
Anyone know where they are?

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #535 on: November 15, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
body_meshes

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #536 on: November 16, 2013, 05:07:52 am »
so im strating to make a mod about Imperial Japan and the fall of the shogunate.

The mod, Shogun, for WB is apparently OSP.

He has made a thread about the models being OSP from now on. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285732.msg6792663.html#msg6792663

But he isnt very active on TW anymore.

Do i have to ask him to use his stuff still?

He said you are free to use it but credit him. Of course i will be crediting him.

Sorry, im really new to this whole stealing models and such. which is kind of a good thing if you look at it  ;)

And when i try and make my module system, it keeps coming up in the command prompt and saying ''python is not recognised an internal or external command, operable program or batch file''

help plz

:-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:10:39 am by George385 »

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #537 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:57 am »
so im strating to make a mod about Imperial Japan and the fall of the shogunate.

He has made a thread about the models being OSP from now on. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285732.msg6792663.html#msg6792663

He said you are free to use it but credit him. Of course i will be crediting him.

Sorry, im really new to this whole stealing models and such. which is kind of a good thing if you look at it  ;)

And when i try and make my module system, it keeps coming up in the command prompt and saying ''python is not recognised an internal or external command, operable program or batch file''

help plz

Yes you still need to ask him for his permission to use his stuff.
I looked at your previous mod talking about how you couldn't get enough information.
You also said you knew more about this era.
This post makes me think that you just want to use other people's stuff instead of trying it your self.
You used the uniform and guns from the AZW mod as well.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #538 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »

help plz

Yes you still need to ask him for his permission to use his stuff.
I looked at your previous mod talking about how you couldn't get enough information.
You also said you knew more about this era.
This post makes me think that you just want to use other people's stuff instead of trying it your self.
You used the uniform and guns from the AZW mod as well.

If the content is OSP (and he specifically states that it can be used, provided he is credited) then you can use it (though you need to credit him, obviously).

For Python to work, follow the following tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #539 on: November 16, 2013, 03:41:41 pm »

help plz

He said you don't have to ask him, just give him credit.
Your python path is wrong, it happens to everyone first time really.