Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Battle Championship [NWBC]  (Read 41708 times)

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: NWBC Official Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
Round 2 Fixtures/Results:

IVe Coalition vs Hispanic Coalition TBC
2nd vs Franco-Suisse Coalition 1:2
Four Banners vs Ve 2:0
Triangle Coalition vs 2.Leib Husaren Regiment 1:2
British Army vs KKy + Nr77 TBC

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:32:18 pm by Mr_Etherton »

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2015, 05:45:36 pm »
NWBC Round 2 Match: Triangle Coalition vs 2. Leib-Husaren Regiment to be played on Sunday 26th April 7:30pm gmt

Im afraid nwbc matches are only allowed to be played within the week given. The latest you can play this match is this comming Sunday unless you speak to either me or Fish with a request for more time

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2015, 06:49:48 pm »
Triangle Coalition vs. 2Lhr Saturday 18th at 19:30 BST
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:30:00 pm by Marshal_Chicken »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2015, 03:46:51 pm »
Lots of events tonight, 2 being played in the space of an hour!

Offline Czolo

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of 3pp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3pp_XW_Plk_Czolo
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2015, 07:47:35 pm »

New Triangle Coalition logo :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:04:24 pm by Czolo »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2015, 08:38:29 pm »
Coalition of memes
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2015, 09:47:34 pm »
2. Leib-Hussaren Regiment 2:1 Triangle Coalition

Offline WolvenSpirit

• Private
  • Nothing's impossible.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: WolvenSpirit
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2015, 09:48:50 pm »
Well played everyone! I really enjoyed it!
Sorry for the complaining to the Admins, and not just because we won! (well.. that one round)
Please share a link if you upload a video of it :3

hope to see you all again soon! can't wait to blast my balls at you! <3
1 Shot, 1 Kill, No luck just Skill

Offline Pilophas

• Donator
  • Admin of Cavalry Groupfighting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube-Channel
  • Nick: 2Lhr_Major_Pilophas
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »
2Lhr vs Triangle Coalition
2-1

First of all, let me thank the Triangle Coalition for this exciting and intense Battle.

Nevertheless there has been quite some displeasure amongst our men for the reason that in the last two rounds an All Charge has been ordered by Admin Etherton.
As far as I can see, this displeasure got shared by our enemys too, so besides the fact that we won the match, there really can be said that my post right now has nothing to do with crying or something like that.
It is motivated by my wish to have the most competitive and fair gaming experience in a cup like this and it is truely not meant to create any dispute.

There are many ways to win a match - one of it is killing the enemys artillery in order to gain map control and to have an advantage in long distance fights. If an All Charge is ordered this advantage gets lost. NW has units that are strong in melee, such as Cav and Inf, and it has others which are good at firing such as Arty and Skirms. If you order an All Charge you always favour the side with less skirms and less arty but more inf and more cav than the enemy.

There are two possible results of allowing the all charge-order:
First, we, and I'm sure every other army/regiment will do that aswell, will focus on destroying the enemys cav and inf and then wait until the All Charge gets ordered, or, the second possible result: We ignore the rule and have an disadvantage against those who do not ignore it.

Having a good gaming experience is only possible when you don't limit tactics to one possible solution. By creating rules that make it tactically silly to try any other possible tactic you just destroy the whole tactical aspect of the game.

Furthermore, when you order an All Charge, every team is going to try to unify its troops before charging - in our match that has been fordbidden. We and Our enemy in the third round for example did not respect that rule but didn't got punished. Maybe because it is hard to find an appropriate punishment for that sort of rule breaking. And thats why the rule itself is senseless. It is senseless from the beginning on, but the fact that nobody will respect it anyway if you don't punish a team in an inappropriate way makes it even more senseless.

In total I and the 2Lhr are really enjoying the NWBC so far. But it could be even better if you decide to abolish this senseless all charge ;)

Offline 9e_d'Artillerie

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2015, 10:19:07 pm »
The match IVe Corps vs Hispanic Coalition will be Friday 24 at 8.00 p.m. GMT

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2015, 10:28:26 pm »

New Triangle Coalition logo :)
Spy looks so fancy  :-* ;)
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2015, 10:34:11 pm »
2Lhr vs Triangle Coalition
2-1

First of all, let me thank the Triangle Coalition for this exciting and intense Battle.

Nevertheless there has been quite some displeasure amongst our men for the reason that in the last two rounds an All Charge has been ordered by Admin Etherton.
As far as I can see, this displeasure got shared by our enemys too, so besides the fact that we won the match, there really can be said that my post right now has nothing to do with crying or something like that.
It is motivated by my wish to have the most competitive and fair gaming experience in a cup like this and it is truely not meant to create any dispute.

There are many ways to win a match - one of it is killing the enemys artillery in order to gain map control and to have an advantage in long distance fights. If an All Charge is ordered this advantage gets lost. NW has units that are strong in melee, such as Cav and Inf, and it has others which are good at firing such as Arty and Skirms. If you order an All Charge you always favour the side with less skirms and less arty but more inf and more cav than the enemy.

There are two possible results of allowing the all charge-order:
First, we, and I'm sure every other army/regiment will do that aswell, will focus on destroying the enemys cav and inf and then wait until the All Charge gets ordered, or, the second possible result: We ignore the rule and have an disadvantage against those who do not ignore it.

Having a good gaming experience is only possible when you don't limit tactics to one possible solution. By creating rules that make it tactically silly to try any other possible tactic you just destroy the whole tactical aspect of the game.

Furthermore, when you order an All Charge, every team is going to try to unify its troops before charging - in our match that has been fordbidden. We and Our enemy in the third round for example did not respect that rule but didn't got punished. Maybe because it is hard to find an appropriate punishment for that sort of rule breaking. And thats why the rule itself is senseless. It is senseless from the beginning on, but the fact that nobody will respect it anyway if you don't punish a team in an inappropriate way makes it even more senseless.

In total I and the 2Lhr are really enjoying the NWBC so far. But it could be even better if you decide to abolish this senseless all charge ;)

Thank you for raising your concerns in such a way, either today or tommorw i'm going to publish a full set of rules for all charges, what the conditions must be for them to be called, and also for generals.

Offline Czolo

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of 3pp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3pp_XW_Plk_Czolo
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2015, 10:55:39 pm »
Arty can officer aim?

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
Arty can officer aim?

Yeah that needs to get a rule too. Either way, it has to be clear.
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »
Arty can officer aim?
Yes artillery may officer aim, it's too uncontrollable to not officer aim every now and again