Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 94250 times)

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:14 pm »
I enjoy the mod, but there are many things I would change out practicality:

1. "Sarge, Sarge! I lost my knife!" Every British unit needs to have some sort of knife, dagger, or sword. It's highly annoying for units like the 60th Rifles who ave to club to survive. It's even worse for cavalry. Frontier Horsemen only get a gun, no secondary sword. It's incredibly stupid, because when you get dismounted as any cavalry type, exception to officers, you have no real way of combating a Zulu other than clubbing him. That needs to be changed. I'm 100% certain that every British soldier, whether regular or irregular, carried some sort of secondary weapon, whether it be a knife or sword, for self defense purposes.

Nope, they didn't. FLH did just have the gun, I looked through several books looking for proof of more but they simply didn't. Though they did all probably carry some form of personal knife. The 17th Lancers actually carried a sword as well but we didn't want to overpower them too much. 60th would have been issued with a bayonet, but they have excellent accuracy so balance.

Only regular cavalry and officers carried swords, irregular's were generally issued just with the basics. That's it.

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »
3. "Sir! Sir! Nigel's been shot!" The Amabhamu are far too good with guns. Getting shot across the map seems to happen way too much. Their accuracy needs to be severely decreased. I can't tell you how many times at the start of a round, I just hear a boom of gunfire from the Zulus and people get killed. I remember on a Rorke's Drift map on the AZW_Official server, there were five of us outside of the post, but behind cover, and two of us get shot almost immediately. It was ridiculous.
The bots accuracy is worse then the default NW muskets, the problem is that there are so many bots at once that are shooting.
So the more bots there are, the higher chance of you and your teammates getting shot.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:44 am »
3. "Sir! Sir! Nigel's been shot!" The Amabhamu are far too good with guns. Getting shot across the map seems to happen way too much. Their accuracy needs to be severely decreased. I can't tell you how many times at the start of a round, I just hear a boom of gunfire from the Zulus and people get killed. I remember on a Rorke's Drift map on the AZW_Official server, there were five of us outside of the post, but behind cover, and two of us get shot almost immediately. It was ridiculous.
The bots accuracy is worse then the default NW muskets, the problem is that there are so many bots at once that are shooting.
So the more bots there are, the higher chance of you and your teammates getting shot.
A commonly used excuse. I'm pretty sure it's just the bots are far more accurate with these guns than players are.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »
Please change the hit sound and holding animation of the Zulu shields (the hands are showing), and also improve accuracy of the pistols when walking if it's possible. The effective range of the revolvers should be 50-100 meters. It's also likely that it's easier to accurately fire revolvers on horse than it is to fire guns which require two hands.

Also, do you know that there is another animation for pistols when the person is crouching? Maybe there is a way to apply that animation when standing up as well? I think the NW devs didn't do that by a mistake.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2013, 02:41:23 pm »
A commonly used excuse. I'm pretty sure it's just the bots are far more accurate with these guns than players are.

Theyre not, they have almost no accuracy and frankly I'm sick of this complaint. First of all i know for a fact that their accuracy is terrible and if you really want you can look in the text files. One or two people get shot out of a whole team per match while the zulus are constantly firing, that proves their accuracy is terrible. Secondly if you go to the Zulu team and respawn as a sharp shooter you'll be able to see the accuracy they have and it is worse than muskets. The only reason they can get shots from far away is because the guns have such high velocity. The only reason people think they have amazing accuracy is because they are expecting not to get shot at all, so when they do they think they must have amazing accuracy. If they really did you wouldn't even get out the spawn.

Please change the hit sound and holding animation of the Zulu shields (the hands are showing), and also improve accuracy of the pistols when walking if it's possible. The effective range of the revolvers should be 50-100 meters. It's also likely that it's easier to accurately fire revolvers on horse than it is to fire guns which require two hands.

Also, do you know that there is another animation for pistols when the person is crouching? Maybe there is a way to apply that animation when standing up as well? I think the NW devs didn't do that by a mistake.
The accuracy reduction when walking with pistols seems to be hard coded unfortunately.

Offline Siberian Cossack

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Siberian_Cossack
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:12 pm »
more download links plz... i can't download setup file for 3 days...

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:37 pm »
Well isn't it possible to add the revolvers as a rifle, then add multiple shots and change to revolver animations?

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 09:22:20 pm »
Perhaps make a technical support thread?

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »
Well isn't it possible to add the revolvers as a rifle, then add multiple shots and change to revolver animations?
Changing the revolvers to rifles forces the rifle animation

Offline MrPiggles

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrPiggles
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:45 pm »
I think this mod needs a bit more publicity to get more players. Have you guys tried getting a suboard in the Taleworlds forum in the Napoleonic Wars: Released Mods section, North & South mod has? Also, the information in your guy's official thread in the Taleworlds forum is hideously out of date: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,257086.0.html

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2013, 10:51:36 pm »
We tried but the thread there needs 15 pages for it to get a sub forum and the forum is quite dead. FSE forums are a lot more popular for NWs mods.

Offline MrPiggles

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrPiggles
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2013, 10:53:13 pm »
We tried but the thread there needs 15 pages for it to get a sub forum and the forum is quite dead. FSE forums are a lot more popular for NWs mods.

That's a shame. Are you able to at least update the main page of the Taleworlds thread with up to date information about the mod?

This is the thread I'm talking about: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,257086.0.html According to it, it's still on .02
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:59:18 pm by MrPiggles »

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:26 pm »
Add ammo suppliers and delete sapper (if you want)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »
Why in god's name would they do that?
Just add an ammo carrier, don't remove one of the most useful support classes.

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2013, 02:34:48 am »
Why in god's name would they do that?
Just add an ammo carrier, don't remove one of the most useful support classes.
Sappers literally ruin the game in every way, they drag on rounds, they lock themselves in buildings which forces human players to break the barricades. To add to that they never build useful forts, they build for a small group and the brunt of the players don't get the support they need.
The sapper is goddamn useless, and it should be replaced with the ammo suplier.