Author Topic: [Event] EU Tuesday Battle  (Read 19190 times)

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [Event] EU Tuesday Battle
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »
Regiment Name:94th Regiment of foot " scotch Brigade "
Class Desired:UK line
Amount of Players: 5 - 15
Contact Steam Profile: FAULTYscotsman

I need something better than a 10 man difference. 5 man difference at most. From now on regiments that dont give accurate numbers will be put on the Zulu team in case they fail to bring the amount they say.

Offline IWelly

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2013, 08:16:03 pm »
108th Insk
6-10 men
Infantry
British

12-16 men now.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:14 pm »
I apologise for my men tonight, we'd just come from a really shit siege and I suppose they were just frustrated which was only added to by the 20 minute wait.

If they act in such a manner next week I'm just gonna throw the bastards out on the street and merc at Zulu events.

But I will have the Battle of Intombe map for next week, which will be siege but a very small map and a very small defending area.

Should be quite the challenging map.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 10:34:22 pm »
I really think that map made the event unfun. It's not a bad map, but the Zulus spawn so far away that they spend most of the time running, the main point of the defense for the British isn't facing where the Zulus come from, and the side they do come from is indefensible. The fort was also far too big for the amount of players making it very difficult to defend. All those things come together to make it not fun for both the Zulus and British.

I think next week the map needs to be smaller and defensible, the Zulus should reach it quickly, and be able to flank the fort, but not just sneak in and capture the flag without anyone noticing.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 10:34:37 pm »
Regiment Name:94th Regiment of foot " scotch Brigade "
Class Desired:UK line
Amount of Players: 5 - 15
Contact Steam Profile: FAULTYscotsman

I need something better than a 10 man difference. 5 man difference at most. From now on regiments that dont give accurate numbers will be put on the Zulu team in case they fail to bring the amount they say.
ok sorry its just that i had 20 online 30 mins before i post then i only had 10 online, its cause its a midday event i dont know how many are going to be online
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »
I really think that map made the event unfun. It's not a bad map, but the Zulus spawn so far away that they spend most of the time running, the main point of the defense for the British isn't facing where the Zulus come from, and the side they do come from is indefensible. The fort was also far too big for the amount of players making it very difficult to defend. All those things come together to make it not fun for both the Zulus and British.

I think next week the map needs to be smaller and defensible, the Zulus should reach it quickly, and be able to flank the fort, but not just sneak in and capture the flag without anyone noticing.

That map i posted was a fair map ive tested it on my server with the public and they all liked it alot and said it should be used in events, I did post it to be used in the event because i knew from the public it was a fine even map, and the zulu had chances to attack from anywhere and british had time to make a forward outpost, so i think we should "test" this map instead of ignoring it,

Spoiler
I've got an Idea for the event, Instead of Linebattles how about we do a Zulu assault ( Siege basicly without flag) when the British defends a camp and the Zulu can do surprise attacks on it

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

On this map Zulu spawn at 2 points and the british spawn in the Camp without the British knowing the Zulu will spawn at 2 points on the map and assault the camp
[close]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:42:55 pm by Crash R us »

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:19 pm »

That map i posted was a fair map ive tested it on my server with the public and they all liked it alot and said it should be used in events, I did post it to be used in the event because i knew from the public it was a fine even map, and the zulu had chances to attack from anywhere and british had time to make a forward outpost, so i think we should "test" this map instead of ignoring it,

Spoiler
I've got an Idea for the event, Instead of Linebattles how about we do a Zulu assault ( Siege basicly without flag) when the British defends a camp and the Zulu can do surprise attacks on it

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

On this map Zulu spawn at 2 points and the british spawn in the Camp without the British knowing the Zulu will spawn at 2 points on the map and assault the camp
[close]

It might work with bots but it doesn't with players. You need to make the right wall more defensible and allow the Zulus to spawn closer. Make the entire fort smaller as well. It's far too big for 40 guys.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »
You mean the map you posted without any form of link? Yeah. Let me just use my imagination and put it on the server.

Think next time before you go off on one.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:21 pm »

Spoiler

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

[close]

It might work with bots but it doesn't with players. You need to make the right wall more defensible and allow the Zulus to spawn closer. Make the entire fort smaller as well. It's far too big for 40 guys.

It wasnt against bots i tested it with, it was people v people, and the fort isnt that big, its just big in the picture.

Its about the size of that fort in the event just there ,

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:44 pm »
You mean the map you posted without any form of link? Yeah. Let me just use my imagination and put it on the server.

Think next time before you go off on one.

you could of asked, that time i was just suggesting. I wasnt going to say no, and im not going off on one whatever that means
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:51:55 pm by Crash R us »

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:36 pm »

Spoiler

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

[close]

It wasnt against bots i tested it with, it was people v people, and the fort isnt that big, its just big in the picture.

Thats not the map we used in the server.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:25 pm »

Spoiler

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

[close]

That map i posted i used on my server if there was enough people,

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 11:02:03 pm »

This is why I'll never become a board moderator ;]

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:24 pm »

Spoiler

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

[close]

But we're discussing the event which just happened.... on Flashes server, with a different map...

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:01 pm »

Spoiler

Idea of a map we can use
[close]
camp UK have to defend
[close]

[close]

But we're discussing the event which just happened.... on Flashes server, with a different map...

I know, Im just saying there was a map before that map was made that was already completed. The map i posted was fair and it meeted most criteria, and if anyone wanted the downlaod link they could of asked and they could test the map or whatever themself, and they could ask questions on it and i asked what was wrong with the map i posted when he said he was currently making a map
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:20:01 pm by Crash R us »