Author Topic: Trench_Battle_Official  (Read 6464 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The Trench Battle Server [Thread W.I.P] Unban Request
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »
Spoiler
Name under which I was banned: TheIncompleteCheeseofPersia
Steam User ID: 772034
When I was banned: December 3rd.

My Appeal: So basically I was perma-banned without warning. I'll admit I was sort of trolling and the scenario went as follows: Someone named 3rd reich joins the battle. This other player keeps going on and on about "fuck nazis fuck nazis" spamming constantly, as if once in caps lock wasn't enough. So in my mind (as crude as it is) I was thinking "wow fuck this guy he's being really annoying, spamming nonstop" so I told him that "nazis are superior yo" thinking that as butthurt as he already was, he'd be trolled enough to just leave the server with that comment. I didn't spam, I didn't caps lock, I just wanted that guy out. I was permabanned (by a mod named "notmoving") before I had a chance to explain myself, which I was going to do once that spammer left.

So there it is, I really like the server and the maps are cool, so I kindly request for an unban plox, and if I could make a suggestion without sounding like too much of a douche, I'd suggest the admins work on keeping their cool. I've been in this server before and people have been banned left and right for even expressing the slighest criticism towards the mods. No wonder this server went from 60-80 people to only in the 20's most of the time (to my knowledge, the server may be growing I'm not entirely sure).

If you don't care for my suggestion, all I ask is for an unban and some understanding to my particular situation.
[close]
Thank you.
[/quote]
Well seeing as the Nazis caused the most disastrous war in the history of mankind and were responsible for the deaths of millions all over the world I can see where the admin is coming from....

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Trench Battle Server [Thread W.I.P]
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:15:04 am »
Amazing Server.I love playing on it :)
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 05:52:48 pm »
Tell those nig admins to stop banning everyone for saying offensive shit

And tell them to stop changing the map each second, it's annoying as fuck

Thankyou
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline King Goofball the Fun Slayer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »
*Please delete this post*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:24:44 am by King Goofball the Fun Slayer »

Offline Terkildsen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • 3die Jydske Infanteriregiment, Jægerkompagni
  • Nick: 3die_JK_Csgt_Terkildsen
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 07:19:18 pm »
I like the server, but why did you change friendly fire to 1 percent? I'm sure it was 100 yesterday. I don't get it why servers are running with unrealistic settings.

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 09:53:07 pm »
I like the server, but why did you change friendly fire to 1 percent? I'm sure it was 100 yesterday. I don't get it why servers are running with unrealistic settings.
It was
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline curlyconnor

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2nd_Staff_Col_CurlyConnor
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:00 pm »
It shouldn't have been set to 1%, I am sorry for ruining your experience on the server :(

Offline Terkildsen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »
Even with bad settings, it's still a great server- and a great idea. Yesterday friendly fire was disabled entirely, which is even worse in my opinion. It's been argued that trolls will start teamkilling on purpose if you allow friendly fire/damage, but trolls will find ways to ruin the experience anyway. You shouldn't deal with the trolls by lowering the quality of the overall experience. Now the FF is enabled at 100% again, which is great, but maybe you have conflicting opinions in your admin team? Anyway, keep up the good work. I hope you'll give us some more, nice trench maps soon.

Thanks for the linebattle yesterday, by the way.  ;)

Offline curlyconnor

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2nd_Staff_Col_CurlyConnor
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 11:39:27 pm »
Even with bad settings, it's still a great server- and a great idea. Yesterday friendly fire was disabled entirely, which is even worse in my opinion. It's been argued that trolls will start teamkilling on purpose if you allow friendly fire/damage, but trolls will find ways to ruin the experience anyway. You shouldn't deal with the trolls by lowering the quality of the overall experience. Now the FF is enabled at 100% again, which is great, but maybe you have conflicting opinions in your admin team? Anyway, keep up the good work. I hope you'll give us some more, nice trench maps soon.

Thanks for the linebattle yesterday, by the way.  ;)

Thanks for your feedback :) I can assure you there is no conflicting views in the admin team, we adjust the settings depending on how people behave(sounds silly haha) but if the amount of trolling is low, then settings will be more realistic, and vice-versa, recently with betty and her lot messing about with the server, we have had to be tight on the rules.

Offline Terkildsen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 01:04:45 am »
I understand, of course. It might work to have the more "realistic" settings when an admin is present. At the moment, the settings are changing every time I go on the server. I really think you should enforce some kind of ruleset for your admins, i.e. don't let them fiddle with the settings without returning them to a standard after they leave. It would be ideal, of course, if the admins were capable of understanding (and remembering) this on their own. Recent days I've seen the friendly fire setting as:

- Completely off
- 1% friend damage
- No melee FF - 100% ranged self damage
- Only rarely on 100% friendly melee/ranged fire

I really want to keep considering your server as my favourite, I hope you and the admins understand my concerns. Again, keep giving us a good experience, and people will keep your server populated.  ;)

Offline Advide

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Trench_Battle_Official
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 10:53:30 am »
Hello, I would like to become admin. How I did?