Author Topic: Trench_Battle_Official  (Read 6458 times)

Offline curlyconnor

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2nd_Staff_Col_CurlyConnor
  • Side: Confederacy
Trench_Battle_Official
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:15:14 am »

The Trench Battle was established by the 2nd Regiment of Foot following popular suggestion by members of the regiment, and has been up and running
since March 2014. The server's rotation consists of a number of custom maps created by a variety of mappers both members and ex-members of the regiment,
each with a unique layout and appearance. Trench warfare offers a number of interesting game play opportunities from the standpoint of the Napoleonic Wars
module, forcing team play and tactical decision making by players on the server.
Trench Battle is a Certified and Copy protected Server
No regiment or organisation may 'steal' or use the idea of Trench Warfare/Trench Battle

• Recruiting is restricted to two messages per map except for members of the 2nd Regiment of Foot.

• Teamkilling is not allowed, accidental teamkills are inevitable, but repeated teamkilling
    will result in you being automatically kicked.

• The rule above also applies to teamhitting.

• Building 'Sky Structures' is prohibited. For those that are unsure of what this denotes, check the gallery.

• Excessive abuse towards admins will not be tolerated, if you have an issue and the admin can not solve it on the server,
    or you have a complaint to make about an admin, please leave a comment in this thread.

• If you are going AFK, please join spectator or leave the server, others may be trying to join!

• Excessive racism will result in a ban, particularly when directed at another player.

• Please be respectful of other players, getting angry at the guy who's on your cannon won't help, ask politely
    to use it if you want to.

Spoiler

Server Owner

Head Admin
To Be Decided

Senior Admin Team

Admin Team:
To Be Decided

Trial Admin Team
To Be Decided

[close]

Server Details

Name: Trench_Battle
Game Mode: Battle
Slots: 100
Region: EU (France)

Server provided by Beyondservers hosting, you can find their thread here:

Spoiler

An example of a 'Sky Fort'

A screenshot of one of our largest maps.

A lone french soldier reloading by a tree.

A view of another map.

An aerial view of a smaller map.

A view of two soldiers on the map.

[close]

Thread designed by Darkeh
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:57:33 pm by curlyconnor »

Offline Immortal212

• Private
  • The Spanish Inquisition Is always unexpected!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: High Inquisitor Immortal
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Trench Battle Server [Thread W.I.P]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:25:40 am »
Awesome server, love the maps  :D
Good luck

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »
Such a bad server, admins are to ban happy to people who have criticism  and everyone just team kills. So much autism you could walk into a autistic house full of ass-burgers and this server would still give you more cancer.

Offline Darkeh

• Sergeant
  • Beyond Servers representative and sales operator
    • View Profile
    • Beyond servers.com - Quality for your money!
  • Nick: Darkeh
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »
Such a bad server, admins are to ban happy to people who have criticism  and everyone just team kills. So much autism you could walk into a autistic house full of ass-burgers and this server would still give you more cancer.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, we'll be sure to take what you've said onboard!

If you'd like to be unbanned, please leave an appeal on the thread, I'll admit we've had some issues with a few admins early on, but those have been addressed. In addition to this, we've tweaked the game settings so that teamkilling is harder, and teamkillers will be kicked faster.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:07:56 pm by Darkeh »

Offline Immortal212

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:14:45 pm »

I know you have been replied to but i would just like to iterate that you sir were teamkilling and also insulting admins. You say "Everyone just teamkills" you were the one teamkilling and your immaturity is shown by your post.
But like Darkeh said thank you for the constructive criticism.
Thanks,
Chicken

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:45 pm »
Good luck with the server
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »
Good Luck !

Offline Darkeh

• Sergeant
  • Beyond Servers representative and sales operator
    • View Profile
    • Beyond servers.com - Quality for your money!
  • Nick: Darkeh

Offline KACollver

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chris Kyle/Sam Anderson
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:22:16 pm »
Hey, love the server. My map suggestion is a map where its a large series of trenches but you cant leave the trenches and so all the fighting takes place inside the trench maze. Though I don't know if that's possible, like can you add invisible walls anywhere or not.

Offline Immortal212

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »
Hey, love the server. My map suggestion is a map where its a large series of trenches but you cant leave the trenches and so all the fighting takes place inside the trench maze. Though I don't know if that's possible, like can you add invisible walls anywhere or not.

I'm sure i can work on that maybe elaborate your idea on our steam group in a discussion and i can understand more what you mean. I am not quite sure if you mean you can only run in trenches and can't climb up the walls but i guess i would have to use Invisible Walls to stop people getting out of the trench.

Offline ColMaximus

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of The Raiders from Wealdstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 05:20:55 pm »
Interesting server, I'd give it a shot if you haven't already.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »
Not a big fan of using pub srrvers like this. But i rather enjoyed before i went to spain. Good luck i may apply for adm8n one day.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 02:39:23 am »
Its funny how I only team killed the guy attacking me because the admins didn't do shit to help. All I did was ask a admin a question and he got all cry baby towards me and perm banned me. For 4 rounds in a row I was team killed and the admin said stop every round and did nothing. You need some more mature admins who can answer simple questions. Rather than taking everything to heart and crying about it. Sorry to seem like a cunt but its the harsh truth. Maybe I would post a unban request if I wanted to play on the server again, but the state it was in when i was banned is a strong repellent

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »
I am completely confused to who owns the Trench_Battle server since there is like two threads? But if this is the right thread then I'm just here to say that someone needs to sort this out. The admins are barely ever online and the map rotation needs to be sorted out. Whenever the actual map ends it switches to a different map in tdm mode with 10 max score.
Sort it out please

Offline BlackPersianMessenger

• Private
  • This is blasphemy... this is madness!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trench Battle Server [Thread W.I.P] Unban Request
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:56 pm »
Name under which I was banned: TheIncompleteCheeseofPersia
Steam User ID: 772034
When I was banned: December 3rd.

My Appeal: So basically I was perma-banned without warning. I'll admit I was sort of trolling and the scenario went as follows: Someone named 3rd reich joins the battle. This other player keeps going on and on about "fuck nazis fuck nazis" spamming constantly, as if once in caps lock wasn't enough. So in my mind (as crude as it is) I was thinking "wow fuck this guy he's being really annoying, spamming nonstop" so I told him that "nazis are superior yo" thinking that as butthurt as he already was, he'd be trolled enough to just leave the server with that comment. I didn't spam, I didn't caps lock, I just wanted that guy out. I was permabanned (by a mod named "notmoving") before I had a chance to explain myself, which I was going to do once that spammer left.

So there it is, I really like the server and the maps are cool, so I kindly request for an unban plox, and if I could make a suggestion without sounding like too much of a douche, I'd suggest the admins work on keeping their cool. I've been in this server before and people have been banned left and right for even expressing the slighest criticism towards the mods. No wonder this server went from 60-80 people to only in the 20's most of the time (to my knowledge, the server may be growing I'm not entirely sure).

If you don't care for my suggestion, all I ask is for an unban and some understanding to my particular situation.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:56:27 pm by BlackPersianMessenger »