Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars European Cup 2014  (Read 147958 times)

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars European Cup 2014
« Reply #780 on: May 08, 2014, 09:49:07 pm »
Of course it is Carolus but having 5v5 pretty much stops it being different from other tournaments.

+1
It's an European Cup, a Cup for Nations, not for regular teams. 5vs5 wouldn't be representative of nations.
From my point it's all good, "small" nations can fight with 8 and "large" nations with 10, don't tell me that "small" nations can't bring 8 good players. Even they can. And if a nation can only bring 5-4 "elite" players, it simply shows it isn't strong enough. I'm for the game to be fair, but also for the game to be interesting and fun. And a 5v5 / 6v6 / 7v7 wouldn't be as interesting as it is now, 'cause now it better represents nations that it would be in a 5v5.
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #781 on: May 08, 2014, 10:02:14 pm »
Indeed Hekko. The 10v10 format should ofc not be changed this tournament but as we both know, 8v8 proved more ideal as a format when the pilot was done. I know its far into the future but why not try it out next time? Might be alright. People is way to affraid of change and dont want to give up any advantages to make it more even.

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:31 pm »
People is way to affraid of change and dont want to give up any advantages to make it more even.

Please stop these shitty taunts, it has nothing to do here and becomes boring. If people don't have the same opinion as yours, it's not because they're stupid, it's because everyone can have his own opinion.

Offline DarkCore

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »
Well this is still meant to be for the community and not only to see whos best so it would just be unfair for some nations who have more than 5 good players because just a really tiny bit of that specific nations community would be involved and it would most likely be the same people every single nation cup playing, its also meant to bring people of that nation closer together. Also 6v6 type of matches wouldnt really show which is the best nation it would just show which nation has the best good players. But thats only my opinion ^^

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 09, 2014, 12:45:12 am »
People is way to affraid of change and dont want to give up any advantages to make it more even.

Please stop these shitty taunts, it has nothing to do here and becomes boring. If people don't have the same opinion as yours, it's not because they're stupid, it's because everyone can have his own opinion.

You need to take a chillpill man and bring some facts to the format-discussion instead of personal opinions. I never said that anyone is stupid btw  :'(

Well this is still meant to be for the community and not only to see whos best so it would just be unfair for some nations who have more than 5 good players because just a really tiny bit of that specific nations community would be involved and it would most likely be the same people every single nation cup playing, its also meant to bring people of that nation closer together. Also 6v6 type of matches wouldnt really show which is the best nation it would just show which nation has the best good players. But thats only my opinion ^^

I know, its hard to find a balance between fun and even. I never said it should be specificly 6 or 7 just that we might want to think about changing something if we want more countries to participate or keep the current ones(Like Denmark) from dropping every tourny. Thats nor good or fun for the tournament. Last match against Belgium we couldnt even get 10ppl from the start so the larger countries has to see it from our perspective aswell.

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:59 am »
+1
It's an European Cup, a Cup for Nations, not for regular teams. 5vs5 wouldn't be representative of nations.
From my point it's all good, "small" nations can fight with 8 and "large" nations with 10, don't tell me that "small" nations can't bring 8 good players. Even they can. And if a nation can only bring 5-4 "elite" players, it simply shows it isn't strong enough. I'm for the game to be fair, but also for the game to be interesting and fun. And a 5v5 / 6v6 / 7v7 wouldn't be as interesting as it is now, 'cause now it better represents nations that it would be in a 5v5.

Isn't it enough of a fact for you ? :) Just quoted my previous message, could go and find other ones, but I'm lazy. Just saying that ignoring points you're wrong on won't make you right ^^
Anyway, just stop the taunts, I've been in cavalry long enough to see "hidden" taunts ^^

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 09, 2014, 02:22:03 am »
Spoiler
+1

Isn't it enough of a fact for you ? :) Just quoted my previous message, could go and find other ones, but I'm lazy. Just saying that ignoring points you're wrong on won't make you right ^^
Anyway, just stop the taunts, I've been in cavalry long enough to see "hidden" taunts ^^
[close]

I mean no harm or to tount  :'(  All I have seen so far is ppls oppinions, not really facts. Im just saying dont be affraid of change, try something new, it might turn out for the better.

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 09, 2014, 03:01:01 am »
The way you say it looks like a taunt, but if it isn't what you meant then sorry for overreacting ^^ but ppl's opinion is what matters in the end, 'cause it's people who participate the tournament. Btw Herishey, Evanovic, Hekko, DarkCore and I gave facts, even if it was related to our personal opinion, there were still some facts in it. I'm not against all kind of changes, if the next tournament is a 7v7, I'll still participate and take the lead of french team again, but I'm just saying what I do prefer, and why I prefer it.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #788 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:09 am »
I think we should just leave the discussion until the end of this cup.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 09, 2014, 01:37:38 pm »
Go Belgium!

Offline NyLiaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_CplFo_Josef-Morgane/Clew_NyLiaa
  • Side: Union
« Reply #790 on: May 09, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »
" width="500" height="200" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;

Offline stylish

• First Lieutenant
  • Degenerate, Mad, Lunatic, Prick and Halfwit
    • View Profile
    • SADSADASDSA.COM
  • Nick: Stylish
« Reply #791 on: May 09, 2014, 05:08:13 pm »
Go Belgium!

Carolus...? :(

Disappointed.
Former Lieutenant of the 3rdFG || Captain of Team Netherlands NWEC 2014 || Primus <3 Stylish

HERISHEY NEVER FORGET; SPENDS HIS LIFE GETTING TOP POSTS, ONLY TO GET PERMBANNED LOL

Offline The Unnamed Spartan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 66th_Pte_Unnamed_Spartan
« Reply #792 on: May 09, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »
Now there is silence

Offline stylish

• First Lieutenant
  • Degenerate, Mad, Lunatic, Prick and Halfwit
    • View Profile
    • SADSADASDSA.COM
  • Nick: Stylish
« Reply #793 on: May 09, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »
Posted it before, Hekko probably missed it but; Timlef is Team Netherlands Secondary Vice-Captain.
Former Lieutenant of the 3rdFG || Captain of Team Netherlands NWEC 2014 || Primus <3 Stylish

HERISHEY NEVER FORGET; SPENDS HIS LIFE GETTING TOP POSTS, ONLY TO GET PERMBANNED LOL

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #794 on: May 09, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »
Posted it before, Hekko probably missed it but; Timlef is Team Netherlands Secondary Vice-Captain.

Cheerio! Will update.