Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Cavalry League (Remake)  (Read 27124 times)

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars Cavalry League (Remake)
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2014, 02:06:18 am »
At least I'm having fun between two lessons, thanks mates, you made my evening :)
At least Norajh owes me money now, thanks guys :)
Anyway, sad that Cavalry League ends up like this, but I'm too busy to write a giant opinion pool out there, I just agree with Telnitz, DarkLight apologized but as he said, he joined the reg, I remember Archer QQing about Rival in 8e, like "what did he do except some 1v1 ?" Or even Erik QQing about "bad referee", you can find a lot of ways to QQ, that won't make you better, that's all I'd like to say, 'cause I'm also too bored to go in fake diplomacy this evening, everyone can read the hidden message into every single post you make, trying to be polite, we're not in fucking Game of Thrones, but it seems that being honest is far too hard for some people.
Anyway, have fun reading all that shit when you'll wake up Griff ^^

Mate we all QQ i've QQ'd and you certainly have remember leaving the 7e that was a very nice QQ. Better then all of mine i must say.

Please don't talk about things you don't know, that would be better and you wouldn't look like an idiot :)

Anyway, just to precise, I don't criticize the regiments who left, you do what you want, I'm just giving my point of vue, nothing more ^^

(And please Archer, what's the difference between an invite and someone double reg-ing ? It's better like an official invite from my point ^^)
Anyway, I'm off, cya for tonight.
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2014, 02:08:45 am »
Pilophas as much as I got mad about DarkLight it was not the sole reason of leaving the league, the biggest reason was the lack of communication. I do not blame 2Lhr and I do apologize to Cooper if I offended him, but I did wish to discuss this matter with Griff, not Cooper not anyone else but in response I was ignored. Also the lack of updates, thread activity just makes this league feel like nothing special. When I joined this league I expected it to be full of excitement and fun but it proved to be quite the opposite. The match was great, you deserved the win and I did not deny it, I did not ask for a rematch nor a default win. What I asked was for an explanation and a discussing about it with the tournaments organizer which I did not get.

Also 8e barging in throwing their opinions around instead of letting 2Lhr respond themselves what got me as well.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2014, 02:19:19 am »
Shame the league had to end like this, hopefully the next(?) league will be better with clear rules and better communication and above all some proper admin work. Obviously some mistakes have been made and hopefully next time we wont have to deal with all this drama.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2014, 01:16:51 pm »
If I am to throw in my two cent. (Which I'm sure you were all hoping for. Don't tell me. I know I'm fabulous.)

Spoiler
The needless comments about "QQing" are all hypocritical because everyone who spoke on it has reacted in a similar way to something or other in this community.
[close]
The lack of communication across the board appears to be the problem here. The hosts should be communicating the rules better and should be at-least offering some argument if a regiment is to complain unlike the complete lack of response Archer and co received from Griff and Cooper. Not only that but communication between regiments must be better. IF the 2hlr are to accept a recruit hours before a battle they should inform the leader of the opposition. That was the way it worked in NWL and it did work. It also worked with people with two regiments who still wanted to take part.

The 2lhr are a regiment I have always respected and will continue to respect. They are an example of a successful regiment that gained numbers off their own merit and ability. However... The claim that Darklight was just a recruit and that is the end of argument is unsatisfactory to me. If you know you're bringing a recruit to a battle that has only just joined and has been affiliated with many regiments previous to the battle, then it is your responsibility to inform the other regiment whether it is a rule or not. It should not be down to another regiment keen (perhaps overly) on maintaining the rules and upholding the ideas of the tournament to search around groups and inquire with people to work out whether it was a fair game or not.

Overall, we must take this as a lesson learned. The tournament was never truly well managed and was a dismal effort of plagiarizing the successful infantry based league. If a tournament like this is expected to work we must (instead of bickering) work together as a community to formulate a proper way to run what should be a much simpler tournament based around cavalry and not simply adapted.

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2014, 01:55:18 pm »

Also 8e barging in throwing their opinions around instead of letting 2Lhr respond themselves what got me as well.

As it's your right to leave it's ours to give our opinion about this considering the fact we're part of the tournament and searched for informations (that you provided yourself) before posting, here is just an example of rage, but I won't be as kiddy as you are and outbid it, just saying this argument is shit, and you know it :)

Also, I'd like to remember that this Cavalry League was Lindblom's initiative, but he never really took care about it and Griff had to deal with it alone, so better than saying he did shit, trying to offer him some help would probably have made the tournament better. I forsee the "why didn't you do it then ?" 'Cause from our point the tournament went well, it was some long to update yeah, but at least the matchs were played, were noticed even if not updated, and the referee (Griff) was often (not always) present to answer questions as he's NOT the main organizer. But criticizing is easy, acting is way harder ^^

Anyway, Pilophax explained the situation and Use4life, from my point, a good summary of what happened during the league (except the fact he didn't mention Lindblom, but you couldn't know Use4 ^^), but you're still out of the league for some things you weren't so mad about before losing. Three regiments left because of one's rage, at least it shows you're all friends, that's beautiful to watch ^^ If the league is considered over, then I'd like to thanks Griff, who did a great job keeping it going as he could just have said "fuck off I'm not headadmin here". And to thanks 1erCC, 2Lhr and 14pk, who kept in mind that a game is for fun and didn't complain for any reason they could about.

When you see foolishness, just laugh.

Offline Sharko

• First Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar Lt, 3rdFG Cpt, 92nd Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rdFG_Cpl_Andrew_Vaughan
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »

Three regiments left because of one's rage, at least it shows you're all friends, that's beautiful to watch ^^

Why are trying to inflame the situation every one of your posts contains something similar be it a smiley face or snide comment its not helping you make you points its just making you look childish and like you are trying to score points.

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

Why are trying to inflame the situation every one of your posts contains something similar be it a smiley face or snide comment its not helping you make you points its just making you look childish and like you are trying to score points.

Guy, I don't know who you are, you went trolling from the beginning, or maybe you weren't, and that would be even worse. But to answer "properly" I don't try to score points or to start a "clash", I don't try to make people look like they're the worst shit on earth, I'm just saying without any fake civility what happens. 15th said "we're out", then 7e went "our friends are out, we're out aswell" and Lupi said the same. Be it in a two lines' text or in an novel it's absolutely the same, and there is no need to tell "but it looks smarter", it doesn't, saying "this is shit" and "this isn't as good as I expected since I was expecting for something professional". So if you're thinking I'm just trying to troll or to feed a fight, I'm not, I'm just bored and telling my point of view about the current situation, and I insist, this is what I think, and people saying that what I think is what 8e thinks are wrong.

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:21 pm »
Considered it over? :O

I already have :P I still want to fight 14pk though :3
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Sharko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:52 pm »
There we go made your point perfectly with no BS.

I have taken and will always take what people write on the forums as there own personal view point as i myself only speak for myself with what i wright and not anyone i know or any regiment i associate with. so im glad there is one other person that i now know does this also.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:17:21 pm by Sharko »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2014, 03:43:55 pm »
Keep in mind that one of our most important motivation to leave this league was the massive lack of communication, as stated before by Archer. You may talk about the 'invite' thing for years, we didn't left because of that only.

About Pilophas' answer, I'd like, if possible, to have a talk with you or Cooper, in order to clear things up. I think there will be no problem with that, and I'm sure we'll find a good way to end up all this mess.

Also, I'd like to remember that this Cavalry League was Lindblom's initiative, but he never really took care about it and Griff had to deal with it alone, so better than saying he did shit, trying to offer him some help would probably have made the tournament better. I forsee the "why didn't you do it then ?" 'Cause from our point the tournament went well, it was some long to update yeah, but at least the matchs were played, were noticed even if not updated, and the referee (Griff) was often (not always) present to answer questions as he's NOT the main organizer. But criticizing is easy, acting is way harder ^^

You're talking without knowing, yourself. When 11e disbanded, I offered Griff my help in order to find another regiment to replace them in the league. He accepted and both of us were meant to find a suitable regiment to take 11e's left spot. I searched for 2 weeks, speaking with a lot of dudes (7th, 1erCrb, 1ro, 13th...), and I was constantly asking some questions to Griff like "when do you need your replacement regiment ?", "Have you spoke to them ? I'm gonna speak with these others" and so on. And what a surprise: no answer. During 2 damn weeks.
I was willing to help, not to do the job alone. I was a challenger like the others, not the main organizer, what Griff was meant to be. So yes, some help has been offered to Griff. Perhaps you could have searched a bit before stating such a nonsense.

Apart if you wish to answer, that was my last reply on this thread, as I consider the affair over from now on. 15th, 7e and Xa left the league, it'll probably end now, I don't know, nor do I care.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Sukesa

• Sergeant Major
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Lt_Sukesa
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2014, 04:04:39 pm »
u wot m8 why so much hate

www.youtube.com/embed/xzpndHtdl9A

edit: no u erik, i luv u <3
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:30:39 pm by Sukesa »
J'entends les fouuuuus ♪

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:46 pm »
I'm pretty sure we all know eachothers arguments by now. Just drop the passive agressive attitude (on both sides) and cheeky comments. This childish fingerpointing and ''NO U'' attitude is just fucking ridiculous.

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:08 pm »
I agree with clausewitz, there is nothing more to discuss here.

Offline kazadrim

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
seriously guys... i know that the lack of communication is frustrating and that griff may not be able( by any reason ) to organize the thing but do you think that leaving things will solve all the problems. We can't build a good community if at any little f**kin problem we just leave like little crying babies. All people just complain and don't even find a way to solve a godamn simple problem...Honestly, i once knew the exact same regiments who would solve any problem, replacing badmins, reorganize the whole thing, they didn't fuckin care. But now i guess those same people just became cry babies, and that is shitty from any leader of regiments. Now if you would care just try to find someone who is willing enough to take the organization and do it right this time...

I don't talk for any groups or anybody else, its just my opinion.

Offline Sharko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2014, 09:20:09 pm »
seriously guys... i know that the lack of communication is frustrating and that griff may not be able( by any reason ) to organize the thing but do you think that leaving things will solve all the problems. We can't build a good community if at any little f**kin problem we just leave like little crying babies. All people just complain and don't even find a way to solve a godamn simple problem...Honestly, i once knew the exact same regiments who would solve any problem, replacing badmins, reorganize the whole thing, they didn't fuckin care. But now i guess those same people just became cry babies, and that is shitty from any leader of regiments. Now if you would care just try to find someone who is willing enough to take the organization and do it right this time...

I don't talk for any groups or anybody else, its just my opinion.

A bit late are we not? i think you'll find that the discussion here is over so sad that you missed it.