Poll

What do you think about this game?

Looks really good!
Seems nice.
meh...
Doesn't seem nice.
Looks nasty!

Author Topic: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 13034 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

What do you guys think? I'm not that big of a fan when it comes to LOTR but this looks pretty good. Looks almost like AC but without the shit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ps7puWAz1E[/youtube]

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:01:55 pm »
The gameplay and nemesis system look good, so I'll probably get it.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »
Looks like an Lord of the Rings version of AC which sounds cool. However, I don't understand the whole powers system (while it is pretty interesting). It just doesn't fit with the world of Middle Earth. The problem I have with stuff like this is that if Gandalf or the highest Elves could not have such powers, how can a man? This would have been the dude to send into Mordor with Frodo to destroy the ring.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:15:09 pm »
Looks like an Lord of the Rings version of AC which sounds cool. However, I don't understand the whole powers system (while it is pretty interesting). It just doesn't fit with the world of Middle Earth. The problem I have with stuff like this is that if Gandalf or the highest Elves could not have such powers, how can a man? This would have been the dude to send into Mordor with Frodo to destroy the ring.

Yes. I hope they stick with the in depth lore.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:43:54 pm »
Looks great, i'll definitely get it!  ;D

AeroNinja

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 06:44:51 pm »
I voted seems nice i regret it :(   it looks extremely good will buy it :)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:00:56 pm »
This does look good though like kind of a AC rip off, but in a good way, with new features (the wraith thingy etc). Will be fun to play I bet but I find it a bit weird that one "normal" Gondorian Ranger posesses such power. I hope we'll get some good explanation for that (maybe he is one of the Istari like Gandalf, send back to Arda by the Valar to fullfill a special mission or so  ;D ).

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »
:o Looks damn good.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:23:35 pm »
Well here's hoping that it won't be as pathetically easy as the AC games.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:07 pm »
Well here's hoping that it won't be as pathetically easy as the AC games.
and that they won't make sequels even when the main character has died.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »
that looks amazing. LotR+Assassin's Creed+Elder Scrolls=this awesome looking game
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 08:48:39 am »
that looks amazing. LotR+Assassin's Creed+Elder Scrolls=this awesome looking game

Preeeety much.

AeroNinja

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:31 am »
Game comes out in 2015 yus? :o

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:39:46 pm »
Game comes out in 2015 yus? :o
If it does 2015 will be one bad ass year for gaming along with Kingdom Come and whatnot.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »
I think people need to examine the source material a little better. Magic and the like has always existed within the setting, albeit in limited fashion. The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales are a good starting point for that.

EDIT; The team itself includes some fairly talented individuals as well. Quoting this from Wikipedia;

In August 2013, an artist leaked that Monolith Productions was working on a new triple-A title, separate from Guardians of Middle-earth.[5] On 12 November 2013, it was announced that this game was Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.[6] The Monolith team is working with Middle-earth Enterprises, Peter Jackson and the artists at the Weta Workshop to make sure that the settings, characters and story align with the canon of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.[1] The game is being written by Christian Cantamessa, who was a lead-writer and lead-designer on Rockstar San Diego's Red Dead Redemption.[2]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:47:53 pm by Joseph Graham »