Author Topic: Resolved, see first post.  (Read 6641 times)

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Groupfighting Server and the 14e's Actions
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 08:49:33 am »
it wasnt property of the regiment it was tav's and he himself saying its hekko's now
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:05:03 am by alpkerem »
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 09:03:54 am »
I support Lamehorse, he inherited the rights to host the server from Hekko. 14e should just rename their server 14e_Groupfighting, it's a bit dishonest if they don't.

How can you inherit the right to a server name, when a Regiment disbands the name doesn't go to whoever the leader of the old regiment wants

Correct. Personally I don't care either way, and I don't see how anybody could. It all seems like petty bullshit. It's not like that server was an official GF server, and it's not like it was brilliantly run either. I also don't see how the opinion of maybe the biggest community pariah since Betty matters in this?
84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 11:49:59 am »
I support Lamehorse, he inherited the rights to host the server from Hekko. 14e should just rename their server 14e_Groupfighting, it's a bit dishonest if they don't.
My Holyness supports Melee Groupfighting server as successor of Groupfighting server.

Offline Krotan

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 11:53:47 am »
I always had a lot of respect for the 14e, what a shame.

AeroNinja

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 11:57:42 am »
LameHorse You have my support. Didn't expect this.

Offline PhonieX

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Willson_Curray
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »
Groupfighting_Server was Tavingtons server. Not a 91st server.
Tavington had the rights of the server, and the servers name. Exactly as Vincenzo has the rights of the Eu1 server. If anyone had taken the Eu1 name, and used exactly the same name on another server, Vincenzo would sure have closed the server for copycatting server name.. Am I right?
2 time Groupfighting Winner
1 time Regimental Gf Winner
2 time NWL league winner

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:56 pm »
14e just put up a server with the same name as the pre-established Groupfighting_Server in a cheap attempt to steal traffic and piggy-back off the brand and investment that Vampire, Tavington, Hekko and Lamehorse have put into it.

People are deceived into thinking they are playing on Lamehorse's server because of the plagiarised name. It is pretty shameful practice by the 14e.

Like there are rules against plagiarising Regiment-names and plagiarising people's forum work there should be action taken for plagiarising successful Server-names like this. Groupfighting_Server is the nexus of Groupfighting on the EU scene, copying the name without permission is like making a duplicate of NW_Official_EU_1.

I hope the 14e have the scruples to remove the copied name. What's wrong with naming it 14e_Groupfighting? If the server's traffic is nothing to do with copying Lamehorse's name then they ought to prove it by changing the name. At the moment they are just playing a deceitful game and exploiting the hard-work of others.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:27:29 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

AeroNinja

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »
14e just put up a server with the same name as the pre-established Groupfighting_Server in a cheap attempt to steal traffic and piggy-back off the brand and investment that Vampire, Tavington, Hekko and Lamehorse have put into it.

People are deceived into thinking they are playing on Lamehorse's server because of the plagiarised name. It is pretty shameful practice by the 14e.

Like there are rules against plagiarising Regiment-names and plagiarising people's forum work there should be action taken for plagiarising successful Server-names like this. Groupfighting_Server is the nexus of Groupfighting on the EU scene, copying the name without permission is like making a duplicate of NW_Official_EU_1.

I hope the 14e have the scruples to remove the copied name. What's wrong with naming it 14e_Groupfighting? If the server's traffic is nothing to do with copying Lamehorse's name then they ought to prove it by changing the name. At the moment they are just playing a deceitful game.
+1 I agree with Evan.

Offline Jihad

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 12:43:03 pm »

I hope the 14e have the scruples to remove the copied name. What's wrong with naming it 14e_Groupfighting? If the server's traffic is nothing to do with copying Lamehorse's name then they ought to prove it by changing the name. At the moment they are just playing a deceitful game and exploiting the hard-work of others.
+1 Damn right. Many people will mistakenly join the 14e server and be at the mercy of incompetent french admins, this is for the good of the community.

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »

QFT
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Graham

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Nr.24] Graham
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 01:06:23 pm »
In my opinion it's more about respect. If LameHorse asked for permission to use the name, the 14e should let him use it. There is nothing wrong with having a 14e_Groupfighting, but calling it Groupfighting_Server will just cause confusion (Yesterday I joined it without even knowing that the 14e hosted a groupfighting server).

I don't even see a problem for the 14e, just change the name. That way you will have your own groupfighting server and even a little advertising for your regiment, because then people will know that it's owned by the 14e and not just mistake it for the Melee_Groupfighting/Groupfighting_Server.

So LameHorse has my support on this.

Offline Sinjide

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arthur MacFarlan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
You have my support  ;)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:33 pm »
In my opinion it's more about respect. If LameHorse asked for permission to use the name, the 14e should let him use it. There is nothing wrong with having a 14e_Groupfighting, but calling it Groupfighting_Server will just cause confusion (Yesterday I joined it without even knowing that the 14e hosted a groupfighting server).

I don't even see a problem for the 14e, just change the name. That way you will have your own groupfighting server and even a little advertising for your regiment, because then people will know that it's owned by the 14e and not just mistake it for the Melee_Groupfighting/Groupfighting_Server.

So LameHorse has my support on this.

As he has mine.

I think Graham has perfectly understood the point of this story, wich is the question of respect towards people who worked on this project and hosted it before you.

I won't repeat what I said on the 14e's GroupFighting Server Thread (people can read it on spolier below) but I really hope you will find an agreement with them.

The message I posted on their thread.

Spoiler
Show a minimum of respect for the creators and let them take the real name  :-\

I absolutly agree.

I find this a really good idea that the 14e host is own Group Fighting server and I'm sure it will be very popular according to the regimental hoster but it's not a reason to take the orignal name. Hekko is the original creator of this server so the name belong to him and only to him, the fact that Tavigton used it is, as Evan explained it, because he had the right to do it. It's not because there is no copyright that people are free to do whatever they want.

And yes Verdieb, once again I'm still carrying about a topic I'm concern by but just take a few moment to think about it : When the 14e disbanded for the 1st time (And the same thing happened for a lot of regiments), a regiment could take the name since it was free and use your popurality to grow up and refuse to give it back when you would reform the 14e only because they had the rights do it.

This is more a question of respect than rights. Yes you have the rights to do it, no ones will come to tell you "It's against the law !" because there is no law concerning this subject but since we are a little community, I would find this more .. respectful ?  :)
[close]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:29:26 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Glopaxi

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Gefr_Glopaxi
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:26 pm »
Vampyr started the Groupfighting server and gave his permission to Tav to use it. Now Tav obviously gave this permission to Hekko. It is disrespectful and unacceptable to just take the name in order to gain more players.

I didn't even know 14e had a groupfighting server.

AeroNinja

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
I just don't get it why it's so difficult to change the name of the server... It is true that it has no respect for vampy tavington and hekko.. So I agree with LameHorse and Evanovic.