Weapon?

Sword!
84 (24.9%)
Musket!
174 (51.6%)
Pike!
79 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 334

Author Topic: The Century of War (Serverfiles are available)  (Read 199669 times)

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW|M] The Century of War (Feature Preview Video on Pg.36)
« Reply #585 on: May 12, 2014, 12:36:44 am »
Bear in mind 1612 is a fantasy film.  :P

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #586 on: May 12, 2014, 02:25:48 am »
To be fair, we will focus on western europe. The eastern theatre is allready playable for Warband with a DLC and a mod! :P

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #587 on: May 12, 2014, 02:34:05 am »
Any chance you could release some screenshots of the Bewaffnete Bürger or any other milita/partisan units you'll be including? :3

Also, might some novelty unit like the Priest in B&I be included? For instance something like religious fanatics from Medieval II: Total War -

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:36:03 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #588 on: May 12, 2014, 02:35:55 am »
To be fair, we will focus on western europe. The eastern theatre is allready playable for Warband with a DLC and a mod! :P

May you be shanked by a Winged Hussar my good man.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Cornwallis

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 12, 2014, 10:31:21 pm »
I have two more Unit Ideas, some German troops. I hope you like them. I really love the first one (Brandenburg Leibtrabanten). 

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #590 on: May 12, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »
I have a small complaint, since it seems you have finalised the roster, you have kinda forgotten the Swedish regiments.

As you probably know, the Blue and Yellow brigades were a majority German, with only 2 or 3 companies being completly Swedish.  Along with the fact that the two other regiments aren't swedish either (Scots and Germans) and the only real Swedish unit on the Swedish roster is the Smålands cavalry.

Could you maybe have one of the true Swedish regiments in there? Like the Dalregementet which was in the Oxienstierna Brigad.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #591 on: May 12, 2014, 11:27:51 pm »
I need pictures  :P

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »
I have a small complaint, since it seems you have finalised the roster, you have kinda forgotten the Swedish regiments.

As you probably know, the Blue and Yellow brigades were a majority German, with only 2 or 3 companies being completly Swedish.  Along with the fact that the two other regiments aren't swedish either (Scots and Germans) and the only real Swedish unit on the Swedish roster is the Smålands cavalry.

Could you maybe have one of the true Swedish regiments in there? Like the Dalregementet which was in the Oxienstierna Brigad.
To be honest, we didn't know that the blue or yellow brigades were in majority german. But if you send us pictures and sources, we can make of course some ethnic pure swedish infantry unit, if it would make the swedish patriots happy! :)

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #593 on: May 12, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »
Will there be Ottomans/Tatars in this mod?
Or some units, like Mercenaries?

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »
Maybe we can talk about mercenaries. But when we focus on Germany and Sweden and later Dutch Republic, France and England, there is really a tiny chance for such units.
Of course the wars between Habsburg and Ottomans is a huge part of that time, but we want to focus on warfare in western Europe.

EDIT: for Ottoman units see Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword & The Deluge mod for Warband.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:00:52 am by Friedrich »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 13, 2014, 12:03:43 am »
Makes more Sense to have the Ottomans and Poles over the English.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:17 am »
That maybe, but they have no mod for this period, and ottomans allready have an own game and an own mod. We want to be different to get players. When we share too much with other mods in themes, we have less players. Especially when we are not such a big and experienced team like The Deluge is, we don't want to compete with them, you know?

if you want Ottomans in the first place, play these games. Here we focus on western warfare.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:29 am »
But the deluge involved the Hapsburgs, and the Dutch, and the Swedes. For God's sake I can understand trying to have a different theatre of war, but at least choose a nation better than the English. For God's sake I think the Saadi Dynasty had more wars during this time period (That being said those were usually against Spain, Portugal or an African nation).

Just please replace England, if you're worried about over-representation you need look nowhere else.

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DL]III_KBR_O_Feldsau
« Reply #598 on: May 13, 2014, 12:39:46 am »
Habsburg and the dutch aren´t implemented in The Deluge. Only the Swedish and that´s only because of the Polish-Swedish Wars in this time.
The Deluge and Wfas are concentrated on eastern warfare and that´s okay, I personally love The Deluge, it´s imo the best Multiplayermod for Warband.
However if these guys want a western europe warfare mod, let them do their thing. If you would implement the Ottomans in a mod full of pikes and muskets, you would crash the balance or at least would have big problems to get it.
Discussing about an english faction is imo not purposeful because it will take a lot of time till this will be released. Afaik the first release only contain Sweden and Habsburg, which are relevant factions. And once this first version is released, you start again discussing about new factions.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 13, 2014, 12:42:55 am »
The Deluge I was mentioning was the actual Deluge, not the mod.

And I see their point, I just want the best possible factions to be chosen for this, because from what I've seen so far this mod is being made extremely well.

Begs the question, what's the next faction after the 1st release gonna be? I vote the Dutch Republic because remove Pila from the premises.