Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 14648 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Zombies
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »
I got a wall to my right, bu oh well.

my battle plan:

load as many food as possible, as fast as possible.
Loot the nearest gun shop (In holland, it would be a dump for air-based shooting, which are still deadly), grab some rifles and pistols, get some nice knives and bayo's, and flee to the same castle duuring is in, because, damn, Me liky.

begin a farm, and be the most important fucker within the moats

An airsoft gun wouldn't stop a zombie, mate. It's about the stopping power, not the deadliness against humans, and airsoft guns have very little stopping power.

I'm not talking about airsoft, well, kind of, but im talking about this (a crosman 2240, powered by air)

Spoiler
[/spoiler

You can believe me or not, but I have experienced the power of air-fired guns, and even the smaller ones sure hit =D
[close]
Yes, but there's a difference between stopping power against humans who will stop and kneel on the ground if they get hurt but not seriously injured, and against Zombies who don't feel pain and need to actually have their mobility eliminated which can only happen if you disable their limbs with very very powerful weapons is significantly different.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2013, 05:35:53 pm »
Gentlemen look to your right, the object you see is the weapon you will use in a zombie apocalypse. Oh shit i have to fight zombies with a lamp.

i have a.... person. how am i suposed to fight with that

solved your problem

ah thank you
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »
To be honest, if this ever happens, I'll flee to that castle and sit in a corner for the rest of my life. I ain't getting out.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06:28 pm »
To be honest, if this ever happens, I'll flee to that castle and sit in a corner for the rest of my life. I ain't getting out.

In the Max Brooks book some Dutch manage to hold out in the Muiderslot for awhile until they fall to disease so make sure you got an doctor or something  ;D
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »
Lol. Tell me more!

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »
Lol. Tell me more!

Here's all the information they could bring up on the Clogs  :D,

"This article deals with the information known of the small country in the west of Europe, the Netherlands. Before World War Z, it was a well developed nation, known for its climate of tolerance, its stance on drugs and many brands of high quality beer. Little is known of it since the war ended.
World War ZEdit

Max Brooks, author of World War Z, gives a historical view of the world during the zombie wars, based on research prior to the actual war. This research ended up in his survival manual, The Zombie Survival Guide. Correctly placing the blame on the virus called Solanum, Brooks identified a physician in the early 20th century that first named it such. His name was Jan Vanderhaven (or, more likely, Jan van der Haven, as per Dutch naming conventions), and he did thorough research into Solanum that eventually was published. Max Brooks obtained a manuscript of this year-long study and subsequently included it in his manual.

The only recorded outbreak of Solanum zombies in the Netherlands prior to WWZ was in roughly 700 AD. A painting was discovered in the vaults of the Dutch Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. It depicted a band of knights battling the living dead in full armor. All typical signs of Solanum was present in the creatures, namely mottled skin, inability to feel pain and a craving for human flesh. While it has been dated using the materials and the paints utilized to make this painting, its creator is unknown.

When the Solanum outbreaks hit, it was only a matter of time before the zombies reached this small nation. The historian Max Brooks did not include many details on the country in his history book, but did find someone who had a scrap of information on one certain subject. This person was David Allen Forbes, a Brit who survived in Windsor Castle. After the war, he traveled around the globe to see castles where people had fought against the zombies. According to him, the Dutch castle of Muiderslot fell in part because of an outbreak of pneumonia. Coupled with isolation, malnutrition, a lack of medication, and of course the ever-present threat of the zombies, and it was no wonder that the inhabitants were all dead before the end of the siege. "
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »
This War Z is written as a history book, right? Intresting way of writing.

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:40 pm »
Yes, mixed with some conversations with survivors.

READ IT ALREADY! YE KAASKOP