Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 94947 times)

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »
Another thing that I've been thinking about is that the humans vs bots servers is killing this mod.

I agree, more and more people are just sitting on a laggy, boring, humans vs bots server.
I think we must ban any human v bots servers from Iron Europe

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:39 pm »
Another thing that I've been thinking about is that the humans vs bots servers is killing this mod.

I agree, more and more people are just sitting on a laggy, boring, humans vs bots server.
I think we must ban any human v bots servers from Iron Europe
I agree.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »
Who hosts these servers?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2014, 01:20:10 pm »

Offline Ardito

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2014, 02:04:55 pm »
First of all thanks a lot to the developers for this mod.

Based on my personal experience so far:

1 I think that  sligthly more distinguishable shades of blue and green colours for the uniforms would make the visual experience better.

2 I find the reticle of the aim to be difficult to use from a distance as sometimes it hinders the vision line. Maybe you could include an option to have a different one?

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »
I will again be the badass of the forum, but why do you want to ban the humans vs bots server?

I saw peoples who go on the both: humans vs humans and humans vs bots. Peoples who only go on the 15th servers are peoples who maybe don't love the HvsH. Ban it from IE sill not make them come back for sure. Its two differents way of playing. When i want a intense fighting i go on humans only servers, when i just want to shoot huge waves of bots i go on the 15th. And most of times it's trollers free ( because no TK is possible).

because there are alot of trollers which have reborn with this mod, grenading and pistol trolling guys on the others servers, and sometimes yoûdon't have the patience to deal with.
That not means i dont appreciate this mod and the awesome work did on it. And whatever you ban it or not, its not a problem cause i enjoy the humans vs humans more, I just want to know why it kills the mod as people who only go on are searching for easy kills and fun that you cant find against humans.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »
I will again be the badass of the forum, but why do you want to ban the humans vs bots server?

I saw peoples who go on the both: humans vs humans and humans vs bots. Peoples who only go on the 15th servers are peoples who maybe don't love the HvsH. Ban it from IE sill not make them come back for sure. Its two differents way of playing. When i want a intense fighting i go on humans only servers, when i just want to shoot huge waves of bots i go on the 15th. And most of times it's trollers free ( because no TK is possible).

because there are alot of trollers which have reborn with this mod, grenading and pistol trolling guys on the others servers, and sometimes yoûdon't have the patience to deal with.
That not means i dont appreciate this mod and the awesome work did on it. And whatever you ban it or not, its not a problem cause i enjoy the humans vs humans more, I just want to know why it kills the mod as people who only go on are searching for easy kills and fun that you cant find against humans.
The problem is that when everyone goes to play humans vs bots the servers that are PvP lose their player base.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »
First of all thanks a lot to the developers for this mod.

Based on my personal experience so far:

1 I think that  sligthly more distinguishable shades of blue and green colours for the uniforms would make the visual experience better.

2 I find the reticle of the aim to be difficult to use from a distance as sometimes it hinders the vision line. Maybe you could include an option to have a different one?

Check this out. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=13526.0

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2014, 04:15:04 pm »
Maybe if the spawns were fixed and spawn rape stopped, people would be less compelled to play vs bots.  That is just my experience. I can't play TDM anymore because  I can't stand the spawn killing, and conquest can be a bit long if you just want to play for a short while.

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »
Maybe if the spawns were fixed and spawn rape stopped, people would be less compelled to play vs bots.  That is just my experience. I can't play TDM anymore because  I can't stand the spawn killing, and conquest can be a bit long if you just want to play for a short while.
Weell it is WW1 after all there was a lot of death people
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2014, 09:11:42 pm »

True, but this is also a game and many people would rather be able to play it than spend their whole time in respawn just to be shot the moment they actually get back in.  Conquest is better in that aspect as you are not always spawn killed and if you are you have the chance to switch your spawn place, but the TDM has much work needing to be done to prevent spawn rape.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »
None of the maps are designed to play TDM which is fine since its a very unpopular game type.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2014, 03:02:01 am »

That's such a poor excuse for terrible spawnpoints.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:54 am »

The problem is that when everyone goes to play humans vs bots the servers that are PvP lose their player base.

So far, out of all the servers, ours has been the most stable in terms of numbers staying consistent. We never get the max players overall for IE, but there is a constant 20-40+ that play on our server till its late prime time NA for all of M&B. Some just enjoy IE's guns and firing at willing, charging across the map targets, which is sometimes far more relaxing and enjoyable than being spawn-killed in mass.

If you are worried about the mod losing players, you'd best start promoting it more. As there is still plenty of EU out there that dont know of or have know and have not tried the mod and the NA side, there is far more here that dont know of or want to try the mod.

At best, when IE is at its prime so far, we have 5-10% of the IE pop, later on, that percentage goes up considerably, but thats due to the lack of more NA players or anyone else outside of the mod's EU pop.

So to sum it up for some. Get out there, across all the mods of M&B, promote the mod, and there will be more players overall for the game, increasing the "PvP" base.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2014, 03:11:35 am »
My suggestion if the IE team add anymore maps all will get/use. Less trees and more use of the terrain. Trees just cause more lag, in a mod that is lag heavy with the guns. Maps that stick too close to realism just makes any potential to hit 100 players for a server a dream at best.

Plus clever use of terrain will make the high accuracy guns (rifles, pistols, sniper rifles) be somewhat less effective in a sense and give every player a better chance at living a few moments longer. Sometimes maps that have no place in a mod, are the best thing for it.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.