Author Topic: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.  (Read 86042 times)

Offline Mailman653

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2013, 06:47:54 am »
Those spears are only effective in certain situations the upstab does almost no damage and it is definitely not useful in most melees especially 1v1's

+1

From Wikipiedia in regards to the Battle of the Nile,

The combined force, about 20,000 strong, met the Egyptians in February 47 BC at the Battle of the Nile. The Egyptian army, equipped in the Greek manner, was probably about the same size.

Caesar attacked the Egyptians in the traditional Roman manner, under a shower of pila (plural of the Roman spear, pilum). The pike-armed Egyptians were overwhelmed once the Romans used their shields and got past the pike's point, when they began laying about with their short swords (gladii).

Offline Fairas

• Colonel
  • Furcht ist der Pfad zur Dunklen Seite
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fairas/Gustavson/Richard
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2013, 11:34:14 am »
i hate the new classes: numidian king and all greeks....  :'(

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:25 pm »
The Priest of Mars is even worse now. It cannot block and can only stab. So basically, it cannot defend himself at all and thus it cannot get in range at all.
It's weapon is so short you cant even hit people on the ground.
Also, if you run after someone and try to backstab him, it more than often just bounces.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:55:51 pm by MaHuD »
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »
The Priest of Mars is even worse now. It cannot block and can only stab. So basically, it cannot defend himself at all and thus it cannot get in range at all.
It's weapon is so short you cant even hit people on the ground.
Also, if you run after someone and try to backstab him, it more than often just bounces.

That's the point, he's deadly but extremely vulnerable. It is fairly easy to sneak up and get kills though.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2013, 01:12:28 pm »
I tried on AFK players, but it still bounces a lot. Even against slingers or archers. Sometimes it does work great though.
I will try to master it, and see if that works. :P
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 02:06:16 pm »
There's an art to being an assassin.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »
^^ Hinkel felt my assassin skills.  :-*

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2013, 04:09:00 pm »
Please make the Kopis up attack be a chop. it being a stab right now is completely defeating the design of the weapon. I really hope you are able to do this.

Offline Balto

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »
Hello,

I'm experiencing some weird issues at the moment and I don't know if this is already solved but whenever I try to enter a server, my game crashes to desktop once I'm in the map. This happens all the time whenever I try to join the BC_Official_Battle_EU server.
My M&B version is 1.158 and I downloaded the mod and patch from this site using mediafire external link. All my hardware and software is up-to-date by the way.

Any way how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Balto aka Legio_VI_Ferrata_Balto
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:26:26 pm by Balto »

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »
Please make the Kopis up attack be a chop. it being a stab right now is completely defeating the design of the weapon. I really hope you are able to do this.

The upper chop is gone from the game unfortunately.

Hello,

I'm experiencing some weird issues at the moment and I don't know if this is already solved but whenever I try to enter a server, my game crashes to desktop once I'm in the map. This happens all the time whenever I try to join the BC_Official_Battle_EU server.
My M&B version is 1.158 and I downloaded the mod and patch from this site using mediafire external link. All my hardware and software is up-to-date by the way.

Any way how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Balto aka Legio_VI_Ferrata_Balto

I would check the patch is correctly installed.

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »
Is not it possible to add physical collisions for boats?  ::)

Offline Mailman653

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2013, 12:49:25 am »
Is not it possible to add physical collisions for boats?  ::)

As much as we wish the boats could actually ram each other, I don't think it's possible. It sounds like something simple but it's actually complicated to get to models to collide and react to each other.

Offline Getty

• Major
  • Leader of the Nr9.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr9_Oberst_Getty
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:04 am »
Those spears are only effective in certain situations the upstab does almost no damage and it is definitely not useful in most melees especially 1v1's

+1

From Wikipiedia in regards to the Battle of the Nile,

The combined force, about 20,000 strong, met the Egyptians in February 47 BC at the Battle of the Nile. The Egyptian army, equipped in the Greek manner, was probably about the same size.

Caesar attacked the Egyptians in the traditional Roman manner, under a shower of pila (plural of the Roman spear, pilum). The pike-armed Egyptians were overwhelmed once the Romans used their shields and got past the pike's point, when they began laying about with their short swords (gladii).
My issue with the spear is that it isn't even effective at long ranges half of the time minus the downstab I understand the close range ineffectiveness but please fix the long range so its somewhat linear and players can get a grip on when it will do damage and when it won't I have practiced on quite a few dummies and still am not exactly sure how to get a decent upstab damage even at optimal range.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »
Is it possible to make Javelins a little bit more damaging?

In addition kiting slingers are still annoying.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »

The upper chop is gone from the game unfortunately.

what do you mean its gone from the game? im sure you could find a way to have the Kopis chop and the gladius stab (which honestly i wouldnt mind that its up attack was still a chop.) It would probably take some work but it cannot be impossible to fix this issue. The main issue with the Kopis behaving in this fashion is that is completely defeats all purpose in using it. its advantage is that it is a mid way point between a sword and an axe. you get harder chopping power than a sword without the complete unwieldy feeling of an axe. When it is like it is in the game now you have only 2 direction to chop (side to side) which is actually really a slash would would be far more ineffective than the vertical chop. Another thing would be to give it a bonus against shields similar to axes, but not quite as high as the axe bonus (if at all possible)