Author Topic: What a load of old wank.  (Read 12274 times)

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
  • I put my ex-positions here for my inflated ego.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What a load of old wank.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »
Surely if there's one thing Vince should have taught everyone, it's that balance is more important than realism... he said so himself in the developer interviews with Diplex. Even if you're trying to be realistic, which I respect, realism doesn't make a game fun does it? Not unless it's balanced.
I don't give a fuck about what you admin.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 04:55:19 pm »
Surely if there's one thing Vince should have taught everyone, it's that balance is more important than realism... he said so himself in the developer interviews with Diplex. Even if you're trying to be realistic, which I respect, realism doesn't make a game fun does it? Not unless it's balanced.

Exactly, balance and gameplay mechanism is always more important then realism.
Thats why the NW reload animation is pretty unhistorical for example, but its not possible to add realistic animation due to gameplay limitation. And with the warband engine, you cant recreate realistic battles or battle mechanism. But this cant be understand by most reenactors.. ;)

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:17 pm »
Balance is key to any good game or mod. You don't have to sacrifice balance for the Historical aspects, as FSE has shown us Anything is possible if you are dedicated enough. It is true that some units in history were BA-OP but since things have to be balanced we must either A. find some historic enemy counterpart or B. nerf him or C not include him. Take your pick on how to balance but every unit has a weakness and will lose to someone. Prime Historical Accuracy pertains to uniforms and flags and music. not game play mechanics which have always been limited by the engine.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »
Yeah, guys, sorry. I was really mad after playing and of course wrote this stupid post. I'm sorry about this, but my point still stands. The imbalance is frustrating and it is kinda ridiculous. But the obscenities were unnecessary.

This one's for you D-Love.

Well then be a man and reprase the orginal thread rather then leaving it in the butthurt shape it is now.

Be a man and fuck off where your input isn't welcome. I'm a big enough cunt as it is, we don't need you in the thread to increase the cunt-level tenfold.

Yeah, guys, sorry. I was really mad after playing and of course wrote this stupid post. I'm sorry about this, but my point still stands. The imbalance is frustrating and it is kinda ridiculous. But the obscenities were unnecessary.

This one's for you D-Love.

Well then be a man and reprase the orginal thread rather then leaving it in the butthurt shape it is now.
Are you moderating everything about NW mods or starting shit?

The mod has always been heavily pro UK.  :-\
Agreed, no much has been done to balance. It's going to die when people get bored of the bot invasion and that the Zulus don't appreciate being treated as a lower faction.

I agree, definitely heavily pro UK and yet staunchly denied. When I join a server to see 20 Brits and 1 Zulu players, it pisses me off. You shouldn't have to rely on bots, it's frustrating to play as Zulu when all that happens is rape. There's no cav even. I was playing on a server and someone on a horse would shoot at me and run away, rinse and repeat, and because we had no cav we couldn't do anything about it. Of course we lost, they had artillery, skirmishers and cavalry and we had bots. It's stupid.

It's not pro UK, if anything i prefer Zulus more and often play as them, if we're so pro UK why can zulus throw spears across the entire map and run at maximum game speed?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:31 pm »
It's pro UK because the UK severly need a nerf, and accuracy doesn't always include gameplay, as suggested above.
Still a fun mod though, but I have to agree, something needs to be done.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:40 pm »
Wow, once people start complaining about accuracy, and the first nerf to accuracy happens, the mod will go down the shitter. The point of the high accuracy is due to the rifles they used during the war. The current accuracy is actually less accurate then the rifles should be. They should have the accuracy of the Crossbows in Warband. 95% Hit chance at effective range of 600m.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »
Wow, once people start complaining about accuracy, and the first nerf to accuracy happens, the mod will go down the shitter. The point of the high accuracy is due to the rifles they used during the war. The current accuracy is actually less accurate then the rifles should be. They should have the accuracy of the Crossbows in Warband. 95% Hit chance at effective range of 600m.

I'm starting to not dislike you ;)

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »
Anyone thought of the accuracy as a downfall as well? If you have a hoard of Zulu's charging you, in a fairly loose formation, and pin point accuracy, it's going to be that much harder to track a zig-zagging, dodging, running Zulu Warrior. You can't just fire into a group of spread out enemies and rely on the spread to hit one of em, you have to go for precision aiming.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »
Anyone thought of the accuracy as a downfall as well? If you have a hoard of Zulu's charging you, in a fairly loose formation, and pin point accuracy, it's going to be that much harder to track a zig-zagging, dodging, running Zulu Warrior. You can't just fire into a group of spread out enemies and rely on the spread to hit one of em, you have to go for precision aiming.

Another reason why British suck at close range ;)