Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 92389 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: AZW Suggestions you have
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »
For some reason when you repsawn as Zulu, they have really bad Javelin accuracy, which makes the Javelin practically useless :/
Yes, bot's have different skills to humans, if you start as a zulu you will have good accuracy, if you respawn as a bot you will notice the bots terrible accuracy. This is to stop bots annihilating the British.

Offline musketeer

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2013, 05:18:22 pm »
About the smoke, I was asked by Blucher to make it less thick/last a lot less, and i've given him the file to do it. Not sure when it will be implemented though. So far it's just for the guns, but if i'm asked, i can do cannons too.

Offline tibu22

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 05:24:51 pm »
Willhelm can you add some more natal volunteer units?
Like that:
This from gingindlovu battle and they are marines with Zulus but many English soldiers are natal volunteer units in this picture.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2013, 05:33:51 pm »
The units there are the Natal Native contingent and Sailors deployed to Pearsons column. There are no natal volunteer units in that picture. But the Royal Marines Light Infantry will take the light infantry role and we may give them a naval officer.

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37:57 pm »
For some reason when you repsawn as Zulu, they have really bad Javelin accuracy, which makes the Javelin practically useless :/
Yes, bot's have different skills to humans, if you start as a zulu you will have good accuracy, if you respawn as a bot you will notice the bots terrible accuracy. This is to stop bots annihilating the British.

But now that there are little to none guns for the Zulu, the Zulu have pretty much no decent counter to the British, other than getting  up close which is seriously hard. IMO increasing the Javelin accuracy a bit more would be good, seeing as they are completely random right now, it makes the Javelin useless. The Zulu's should give the brits atleast a LITTLE bit of competition.
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline tibu22

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »
The units there are the Natal Native contingent and Sailors deployed to Pearsons column. There are no natal volunteer units in that picture. But the Royal Marines Light Infantry will take the light infantry role and we may give them a naval officer.
Nice I will take this units if finished.

Can you give me please natal volunteers image?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:48:34 pm by tibu22 »

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »
Add a Regiment/Class that have no red coats but white t shirts like undergarments

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 06:22:21 pm »

But now that there are little to none guns for the Zulu, the Zulu have pretty much no decent counter to the British, other than getting  up close which is seriously hard. IMO increasing the Javelin accuracy a bit more would be good, seeing as they are completely random right now, it makes the Javelin useless. The Zulu's should give the brits atleast a LITTLE bit of competition.
Well, Zulus never really had guns, sure they stole some, but they weren't common to find. Only a few tribes could use them, and have enough ammo for them. Plus, remember it's not supposed to be human v bot, so the players won't respawn as a zulu, they won't respawn at all.

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 07:21:01 pm »
I think the Gatling gun should be used :P, but what about instead of the sapper making a earth mound how about they make a raised wooden platform or a wooden palisade or something along those lines   
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »
Nice I will take this units if finished.

Can you give me please natal volunteers image?

There's a list of regiments that partook in the war in the regiments sub-forum,it's stickied. Look there and google their name.

Add a Regiment/Class that have no red coats but white t shirts like undergarments

That is, quite frankly, a stupid idea. I acknowledge that some soldiers and camp followers at Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana were caught off guard but not enough to warrant a full unit. An optional reskin perhaps would be more suited to what you like, if so,go talk to those like Beta and Atilla who take requests.

Well, Zulus never really had guns, sure they stole some, but they weren't common to find. Only a few tribes could use them, and have enough ammo for them. Plus, remember it's not supposed to be human v bot, so the players won't respawn as a zulu, they won't respawn at all.

Wrong, I can't remember the exact years but I think it was between 1872-76 60,000 firearms were imported into Zululand, mostly percussion rifles and old muskets (though apparently 20,000 of those were sold on into other territories like Swaziland. Admittedly it was ammunition which was difficult to maintain, a neighbouring province, the name of which escapes me, did make it's own very low quality gunpowder which made misfires very frequent amongst the Zulu skirmishers.

Very few Martini Henry's were in use thanks to A) The efforts of the commissaries at Isandlwana who even if they failed to provide ammunition speedily enough (they hadn't unpacked any because they weren't expecting to actually fight any major engagements there)  they did thankfully manage to blow up probably 95% of the ammunition at the camp as you'll see in the film Zulu Dawn.
At the battle of iNtombe I think it was 90,000 rounds of ammunition captured but very few actual firearms. So whilst the main Zulu impi had guns after Isandlwana they had no ammo, so very few would have been kept.

TL;DR Zulu only had primitive guns, had Martini's after Isandlwana but little ammo, dumped useless guns, had ammo on other side of the country a short while later, but few guns with which to use them.

We will hopefully have more old style firearms for the Zulu in the next release.

I think the Gatling gun should be used :P, but what about instead of the sapper making a earth mound how about they make a raised wooden platform or a wooden palisade or something along those lines   

We are planning to implement the Gatling Gun but will do what we can to limit it, perhaps give it a limited amount of ammo and a thin range of fire before it has to be redeployed.

As to the latter part of your question this is unrealistic, there was very few trees in Zululand and very little wood. And they certainly couldn't waste the few wagons they had carrying timber.
Perhaps an alternative earthwork,longer and thicker to place a cannon on.

Not a bad idea.

Offline plyuto518

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »
Can you guys please give the cavalry swords, it might be a tad unrealistic but, with out a sword the cavs screwed!!?? :D!

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »
Can you guys please give the cavalry swords, it might be a tad unrealistic but, with out a sword the cavs screwed!!?? :D!

No....

By this period cavalry were much more useful when used as dragoons because with the swift firing rate of Rifles they would be annihalated in a charge.

So no.

Offline plyuto518

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:49 am »
OKAY.... D: But, can you add swords to the musicians???

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 12:07:50 am »
OKAY.... D: But, can you add swords to the musicians???

No, they simply didn't have them. But we will give them rifles.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:03 am »
Naval brigades! I read that they had rocket batteries and gattling guns.

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Royal navy gatling gun team
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]