Author Topic: Glitch on the zulu bot/ throwing spear system  (Read 2371 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Glitch on the zulu bot/ throwing spear system
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:16:30 pm »
Okay bear with me let me explain the issue.

It may be coding the throwing system or it may be bots im not sure.

Now... i go zulu a lot.. and i find that the throwing spears - isuljas?  will ONLY be able to be thrown accurately when you go light infantry.
Any other rank... and the only way i can compare it is to warband when you ride a horse and try to shoot a nord bow .. the firing circle is masssive and unaccurate and rarely hits.

So there is problem 1 -- which may be solved if you  say that the throwing spears are only designed for light infantry.

However when you go on the enemy side in a game (As zulu bots).. and you are shot..  and you respawn.... you can no longer throw spears with accuracy.. at all, in fact its glitched ...
and all you can do is wander around looking for a british gun to pick up

Anyone whos played as zulu in multiplayer will vouch for this, for some reason the only time you can throw spears accurately is as light infantry and on your first life.. if you die and respawn even as light infantry you cant throw spears accurately anymore and it ruins the gaming experience..

Hope you get the jist of it and it can be fixed as it ruins an otherwise great game (if you are zulu)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:24:09 pm by sally100 »

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Glitch on the zulu bot/ throwing spear system
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:31:13 am »
The bots have different stats to players, thats why your spears are more accurate and when you die they are inaccurate.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:34:26 pm »
if its to do with the way the stats are coded then can it be changed, because its no fun running all the way across a large map, simply to be shot down and respawn with a crappy rank where you cant do anything really

i know you can say `oh simple make sure you dont die`..  but it is extremely hard NOT to be killed when you go zulu in the first attack with rockets flying everywhere and people firing at you with no armour..  in fact youve about ten times more chance of dying as a zulu in the initial attack than you do say on warband as a regular siege attacker

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »
It's not a glitch, Bots have worse skills to stop the British getting annihilated. Bots and humans don't use the same unit in the code.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:33:55 pm »
It's not a glitch, Bots have worse skills to stop the British getting annihilated. Bots and humans don't use the same unit in the code.

the thing is i LIKE going zulu... but u will almost always die like a pigeon out of the sky. when the brits start shooting

and then i cant do anything

i wish there would be tdm zulu servers :)

do u know why there only seems to be battle

Offline Ardagh

• Sergeant Major
  • 1BnYLR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ardagh
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:09:56 pm »

the thing is i LIKE going zulu... but u will almost always die like a pigeon out of the sky. when the brits start shooting

and then i cant do anything

i wish there would be tdm zulu servers :)

do u know why there only seems to be battle

It's what the players want, apparently - the mod was designed with PvP (TDM) in mind...
-Anglo-Zulu War Community Manager (Developer)
-VCW Community Manager + Head Researcher (Developer)