Author Topic: [New Name]The War of 1809  (Read 44703 times)

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
  • Side: Union
[New Name]The War of 1809
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:45 am »

Mod Team
Most people in our mod team have extensive modding experience. Details on how to join are in the FAQ.

TomaHawkAU
Mack
[close]

Credits
Thanks goes to these incredible people for their contributions to the mod. If you should be on this list but aren't, notify me immediately so I can get you up here! Besides the first person, this list is not in any particular order.

-CaseofInsanity
-Furrnox
[close]

Poll Results
Poll results help us get an idea of what the community wants but do not make the final decisions.

Should we remove the reticle?

Yes and replace it with "Iron-sight" feature - 38 votes (65.5%)
Yes - 2 votes (3.4%)
Undecided - 6 votes (10.3%)
No- 1 vote (1.7%)
NO have you ever tried aiming without a reticule! - 11 votes (19%)
[close]
Mods Used
[close]

Introduction
About a month back CaseofInsanity made a mod primarily for the AU Community but he also decided to release it here.
However after one event, he ran into many unforeseen problems and decided to stop production.
Recently I have discovered the amazing talent that some of the community modders have, so I downloaded their mods. I soon got a much more realistic feel to the game (except for my over the top blood effect)

I realized that by combining these mods as well as adding features the community wants I could create a Mod that makes up for where some people think NW fell short or features that should've been added to the game. For me the main feature I want(ed) (and am going to include for the first release) is fix-able and unfix-able bayonets. Case has helped me out here by showing me his tutorial however I am no expert and sadly don't understand it.

I need someone to help me.
Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264320.msg6328303.html#msg6328303

Planned Features
There are a number of features we would like to include in our mod.
    1st Release
    • New Sounds
    • New Animations
    • New Maps
    • fix-able and unfix-able bayonets

Alpha and Beta Updates
    • New Textures
    • A New reticule (possibly to be removed at a later date
    • bleeding out
    • battlefield medics (with bandages to stop bleeding out)
    • Supply train [carried by arty horse] (I am planning to make you spawn with only 15 cartriges so that you have to resupply often and that taking an enemy supply train is a big thing)
    • Horse artillery (alot faster but less accurate and less powerful then regular Foot artillery
    • Muskets and rifles are more accurate which makes volley fire more important
    • Longer reload time for muskets and rifles
    • Cannons more difficult to aim and to fire

Full Version Updates
    • A Stamina Bar and the ability to sprint for a limited amount of time
    • Possibly Misfires
    • New Factions
    • Prone ability for riflemen and light infantry classes

Frequently Asked Questions
    Spoiler
    [close]

[/list]
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:25:48 am by TomaHawkAU »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Radical
    • Side: Confederacy
    Nice

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
      • View Profile
    Fixable bayonets really is a pointless feature, all armies engaged with bayonets fixed apart from, sometimes, skirmishers.

Bleeding out quite frankly sounds irritating and the supply train I also imagine will do nothing to improve gameplay other than to make for more camping.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    Fixable bayonets really is a pointless feature, all armies engaged with bayonets fixed apart from, sometimes, skirmishers.

Bleeding out quite frankly sounds irritating and the supply train I also imagine will do nothing to improve gameplay other than to make for more camping.

Your "complaint" I suppose is noted. Any suggestions on how to make the mod better though?

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
      • View Profile

Your "complaint" I suppose is noted. Any suggestions on how to make the mod better though?

Well it is a fairly decent mod as it was and I'm not entirely certain on it's original features. Polishing it more for a start, horse artillery would be good I suppose with 3-4 pounders and lower velocity. Give Britain Hussars and get rid of the damned useless Cossacks from Russia.

Oh and aren't all the proposed features N&S/secession features?

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
      • View Profile
      • Blood&Iron
    • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
    I couldn't get the fixable bayonet code to work, CaseofInsantry left it incomplete.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
    • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
      • View Profile
    • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
    New factions
    Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
      • View Profile
    • Side: Neutral

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
      • View Profile

Well it is a fairly decent mod as it was and I'm not entirely certain on it's original features. Polishing it more for a start, horse artillery would be good I suppose with 3-4 pounders and lower velocity. Give Britain Hussars and get rid of the damned useless Cossacks from Russia.

And give British Dragoons a longer ranged cav musket too.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    See here we go.... just what I wanted. People put forward complaints about NW and this mod will try to fix them.

On the idea of new factions ill probably put it as a poll because the more we add to NW the more it will crash on low spec machines.

If we do decide to add a new faction what do you guys want?

EDIT: I have decided to make bleeding out a togglable thing on the admin pannel so you can decide weather you want the added realism or not.
    might also add misfires if people want them (they will be tooglable as well)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
    • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
      • View Profile
      • My Twitter
    • Nick: Jean Grande

Grand Duchy Of Warsaw or the Netherlands.

Steam Profile Signature
    [close]

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    Spoiler

Grand Duchy Of Warsaw or the Netherlands.
    [close]

Interesting most people I have asked over steam have said Spain or Sweden however I know someone is making a peninsula war mod so I dont want to take spain away from them

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • American Vocabulary Trooper
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Windbusche
    Italy or the Netherlands imo.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
    • Retired.
      • View Profile
    • Side: Neutral
    Grand Duchy Of Warsaw...

For all your harrumphing about Poland, you can't even get the name of the state right.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
    • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
      • View Profile
    • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
    If you make the United Kingdom of the Netherlands I would donate  :P
    Cant I join the developer team for this?
    Edit: I have absolutely no problem with other factions, would love them to see them in-game too
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:24:54 pm by Van_Hulstein »
    Nunc aut nunquam