Author Topic: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.  (Read 85517 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Re: Bugs, feedback and suggestions.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »
I don't think it's a big enough reason, cav can delay a round just as easily with their speed but we won't remove horses.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
Except with cavalry they're decked with melee weapons, and at most a finite supply of projectiles. The arhcers/skirmishers are kind of encouraged to round delay.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:55 pm »
I don't believe in nerfing a unit because some annoying people delay, it's the job of admins to sort that, and you can usually vote to kick.

Offline ZeroSkilled

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex-Mapper
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart link!
  • Nick: ZeroSkilled
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:40 pm »
Right... went through this thread and I didn't find anyone sharing the arrow glitch or w/e I should call it.

Basically, archers get their 14 arrows (fire arrows). Once you run out of them you pickup a different type of arrow, (Normal one or the Creetian or w/e they're called again). This drops a whole set of new fire arrows under you which you pickup and you have 14 new arrows to fire.

I haven't tried this with the normal arrows & those I don't know the name of but hell it works with fire arrows.

Short summary:
1# Short amount of arrows (Fire arrows)
2# Find a different type of arrow and pick it up
3# Fire arrow bag dropped under you (Carrying 14 fire arrows)
4# Pickup the fire arrow bag and you will lose this normal arrow but you gained 14 fire arrows.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Offline qqi1

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: qqi1
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »
Alright, so i really want this mod but im having trouble installing.

I bought M&B with, The Gamestop App and when it asks what folder i want to install it to in the installer i can find which file to install it into, Any help?
-LIFE IS BETTER WHEN YOU SURF

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2013, 01:04:20 am »
Right... went through this thread and I didn't find anyone sharing the arrow glitch or w/e I should call it.

Basically, archers get their 14 arrows (fire arrows). Once you run out of them you pickup a different type of arrow, (Normal one or the Creetian or w/e they're called again). This drops a whole set of new fire arrows under you which you pickup and you have 14 new arrows to fire.

I haven't tried this with the normal arrows & those I don't know the name of but hell it works with fire arrows.

Short summary:
4# Pickup the fire arrow bag and you will lose this normal arrow but you gained 14 fire arrows.

I really have no idea on how to fix that so thank you for sharing the bug with everybody :/, but i'll look into it.

I bought M&B with, The Gamestop App and when it asks what folder i want to install it to in the installer i can find which file to install it into, Any help?

You need to install the mod into the modules folder in Warband.

Offline qqi1

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2013, 02:48:30 am »

Short summary:

I really have no idea on how to fix that so thank you for sharing the bug with everybody :/, but i'll look into it.

You need to install the mod into the modules folder in Warband.
Yeah i installed it into C:\Program Files ((x86)\Paradox Interactive\Mount and Blade Warband\Modules) which is my modules folder, and when i open up warband and try to find the Bello Civili add on its not there along with my other mods

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2013, 03:18:22 am »
Go to the folder and check it isn't inside a second Bello Civili folder.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:42 am »
I'm sorry if someone else has posted this already but I didn't read the thread in it's entirety. The fire arrows are a bit overpowered at the moment, as they render shields entirely useless. My suggestion is that the fire arrows be changed so that they cause limited damage over time to destructible objects and people (and only if it is a direct hit!), and less immediate damage.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline qqi1

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2013, 04:31:59 am »
Go to the folder and check it isn't inside a second Bello Civili folder.
Which folder, because when i install it to my modules folder nothing shows up in my modules folder or anywhere, it just disapears

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2013, 04:43:34 am »
After playing around four or five hours on this mod...

- Fire arrows: Stupidly over-powered. There is no reason for them to do high immediate damage, then a bunch of damage over time.
     - Change the fire arrows damage to very minimal immediate damage, and leave the damage over time. Fire arrows were used to take down buildings and siege engines, not used against infantry effectively.
- Pilums: Nerf them. No reason for them to be doing high damage through a shield.
     - Pilums can damage shield, but make it on a realistic level, or bust up a shield good. Pilums made shield useless when it was stuck with one.
- Cavalry: Way too many. Limit them, and make the horses weaker. Too many times have I see cavalry just charge through entire rows of soldiers and knock them all down.
     - The horse health should be lessened.
- Marines: Give them a pilum. Just one. Marines did use pilums, and even had hasta's and gladius's.
     - Give one pilum to Marines, and give the option of a hasta or gladius.
- Missile damage through shields: This just needs to be removed entirely. That's all I have to say about this.
- Ghost reach: Spears have ridiculous ghost reach, and because of that, they also glance where they shouldn't.
     - This is very important, and needs to be addressed immediately.
- Testudo: Doesn't work. Pointless animation. It's easier to just block and aim up. You have a higher chance of protection from missiles.
     - Or, just fix it so the shield works in testudo.
- Ballista: Too fast, too accurate, too powerful.
     - Lower all of these stats. The ballista shouldn't be able to kill 8 men, maybe two at most.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2013, 06:05:24 am »
I'd agree with lowering damage of the throwing weapon in the case that the accuracy is increased. I can't honestly believe a trained legionary soldier can't throw that thing accurately 10 meters away at a target.

Offline Czolo

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of 3pp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3pp_XW_Plk_Czolo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2013, 10:05:00 am »
Fire arrows should give more damage to shield, not through it.
Plum less dmg, more accurate.
Lower charge amount of horses, it can knock down 4 soldiers and dont even lower their speed.

Most important: Centurions, and other leaders are simply much more fast than other soldiers from unit, it makes a big chaos when working in Legion, so breeaking shieldwall and tetsudo. Fix it quick befoe events start.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2013, 12:23:49 pm »
- Fire arrows: Stupidly over-powered. There is no reason for them to do high immediate damage, then a bunch of damage over time.
     - Change the fire arrows damage to very minimal immediate damage, and leave the damage over time. Fire arrows were used to take down buildings and siege engines, not used against infantry effectively.
I agree and they are being nerfed, to less main damage, less fire damage, and 5 less arrows.

- Pilums: Nerf them. No reason for them to be doing high damage through a shield.
     - Pilums can damage shield, but make it on a realistic level, or bust up a shield good. Pilums made shield useless when it was stuck with one. - Missile damage through shields: This just needs to be removed entirely. That's all I have to say about this.
I have to completely disagree on this. You're missing a key point in the pilum design. It was designed to do damage through a shield, so that is how we have made the pilum work. The pilum in game work in 3 ways.
- It will hit the shield, and be stuck in it, causing no damage to the player
- It will hit the shield, penetrate through it, and cause damage to the player
- It will hit the shield, break it, but cause no damage to the player
We cannot make it so that every time a pila is in a shield it disables it, that is simulated by it breaking the shield. The penetration is historical. All this is most obvious in the heavy pila, the light are less likely to penetrate or disable the shield, and the javelins cannot penetrate at all and do much less damage. The pilum were powerful throwing weapons, and thats why they need to be quite inaccurate, if they were more accurate we would have to nerf their other stats, and then you end up with silly native style javelins, and this is not a mimicry of native.
The pyramidal tip being wider than the rest of the shank meant that once it penetrated a shield it could keep moving through often stabbing the soldier bearing the shield. As once the tip was through the shield there was a hole larger than the rest if the shank itself and it could move through with no friction slowing it down. This was a problem for other javelins, they couldn't go through the whole shield.

- Marines: Give them a pilum. Just one. Marines did use pilums, and even had hasta's and gladius's.
We're going to give them a pila but we don't want them to have a gladius to increase the amount of spear infantry.
- Ghost reach: Spears have ridiculous ghost reach, and because of that, they also glance where they shouldn't.
After significant testing i still have no reason to believe there is a ghost reach, i have even made a video, the spear hits when the mesh hits. The glancing is caused by stabbing too close, which happens with all spears and even swords when you attempt to stab at less than half range i believe, plus the chance is increased by the enemy armour value.

- Testudo: Doesn't work. Pointless animation. It's easier to just block and aim up. You have a higher chance of protection from missiles.
During testing we proved it works against missiles from above and is helpful during sieges. Plus it looks cool.

- Ballista: Too fast, too accurate, too powerful.
     - Lower all of these stats. The ballista shouldn't be able to kill 8 men, maybe two at most.
Agreed, in the patch it's kill radius is the size of the bolt. You will need a direct hit to kill, not a meter each side.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »
We're going to give them a pila but we don't want them to have a gladius to increase the amount of spear infantry.

This is why I suggested to have an option for it. If people want to play Marines, but not use a spear, have the option to choose between the hasta or gladius, or add a pugio on the back up with a hasta.

After significant testing i still have no reason to believe there is a ghost reach, i have even made a video, the spear hits when the mesh hits. The glancing is caused by stabbing too close, which happens with all spears and even swords when you attempt to stab at less than half range i believe, plus the chance is increased by the enemy armour value.

I don't know how you don't see the ghost reach. And, a lot of people were complaining about it too. It's not just on spears, but the gladius and pugio as well. The Pugio has the reach of the gladius, the gladius has the reach of the NW infantry officer sword, and the spear seems to hit about a foot farther than its actual reach (for the hasta, that is).