Author Topic: Pro UK or Pro Zulu?  (Read 6915 times)

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
  • Side: Union
Pro UK or Pro Zulu?
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:47:10 pm »
ugh...When I hear people say this mod this pro British. It angers me to the max. I can understand why you would say that cause well the British have guns and Zulus have hide shields and sticks. I understand that can make it sound like its pro Brits. So in hearing that I changed my server to PvP Yesterday "BAC_PvP_Server". After playing about 10maps of 11vs11. Its not unbalanced at all. My regiment went Zulus and kicked the shit out of the brits most of the time. (not to mention we were organised) Then after we were winning most of the time people would leave the server cause they would get their ass kicked? I hear people bitch and bitch about how this mod is pro brits. Maybe if you would stop judging the game cause of bots(which is not a human people). I cant help the facted that people bitch also about the server when its PvP. Learn to Play PvP and dont leave cause you get ur ass kicked or cant play as brits. Also dont suck at meele and rage quit.

I feel as though complain about useless shit when they havent tried to play PvP.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
  • I put my ex-positions here for my inflated ego.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Pro UK or Pro Zulu?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »
You say "learn to play PvP" but how can we when all servers use bots and don't have auto-balance, you're to blame for allowing this by not doing anything to combat this. Only now are you doing something, and you whine when people complain about the fact that you let it get to this point? Nice.
I don't give a fuck about what you admin.

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:54:19 pm »
My opinion is that its balanced. In fact if you get in a fight with a Zulu warrior you are most likely going to Lose as British and at range the British would most likely win, However the throwing spears are accurate if used properly.

So I would say:
At Range British are the Clear winners
and
At melee The Zulus Are the clear winners
Therefore it is balanced not 100% equally but it works very well

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:33 pm »
You say "learn to play PvP" but how can we when all servers use bots and don't have auto-balance, you're to blame for allowing this by not doing anything to combat this. Only now are you doing something, and you whine when people complain about the fact that you let it get to this point? Nice.
I let it get to this point? How? Explain? Am I suppose to go tell Server Hosters to go Play PvP? I don't own their server. I can't Tell people how to run their server.
I complain cause I get people who complain to me. Tell me my mod sucks. My mod is racist or biased or whatever. I just frustrating when people tell me that. Then I telll them to go play PvP then dont play it.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »
I let it get to this point? How? Explain? Am I suppose to go tell Server Hosters to go Play PvP? I don't own their server. I can't Tell people how to run their server.
I complain cause I get people who complain to me. Tell me my mod sucks. My mod is racist or biased or whatever. I just frustrating when people tell me that. Then I telll them to go play PvP then dont play it.
Blucher is right he cant dictate how people run their servers all he can do is tell them. Doesn't mean they have to do it.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:33 pm »
Blucher is right he cant dictate how people run their servers all he can do is tell them. Doesn't mean they have to do it.

The point is, he's only just changed his own server to PvP and that sounded as though it was brief, before which I don't believe there to be any PvP servers. If he is so strongly for PvP now he should have changed his server over, rather than let it get to this.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »

The point is, he's only just changed his own server to PvP and that sounded as though it was brief, before which I don't believe there to be any PvP servers. If he is so strongly for PvP now he should have changed his server over, rather than let it get to this.

well my server should still be PvP unlesss some other admin of mine for some reason changed it. Cause before I left last night it was still PvP.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:16:43 pm »
Balance? But did you know that there is the vast difference between the civilized world (UK), and the non-developed world as the Zulus?

There can be no balance. The British must have a clear superiority.

It is not pro-British or anything, it's realism. And of course, much less than racism or supremacy, if anyone thinks, notice.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:13 pm »
Balance? But did you know that there is the vast difference between the civilized world (UK), and the non-developed world as the Zulus?

It is not pro-British or anything, it's realism. And of course, much less than racism or supremacy, if anyone thinks, notice.

Surely if there's one thing Vince should have taught everyone, it's that balance is more important than realism... he said so himself in the developer interviews with Diplex. Even if you're trying to be realistic, which I respect, realism doesn't make a game fun does it? Not unless it's balanced.

Exactly, balance and gameplay mechanism is always more important then realism.
Thats why the NW reload animation is pretty unhistorical for example, but its not possible to add realistic animation due to gameplay limitation. And with the warband engine, you cant recreate realistic battles or battle mechanism. But this cant be understand by most reenactors.. ;)

Balance is key to any good game or mod. You don't have to sacrifice balance for the Historical aspects, as FSE has shown us Anything is possible if you are dedicated enough. It is true that some units in history were BA-OP but since things have to be balanced we must either A. find some historic enemy counterpart or B. nerf him or C not include him. Take your pick on how to balance but every unit has a weakness and will lose to someone. Prime Historical Accuracy pertains to uniforms and flags and music. not game play mechanics which have always been limited by the engine.

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 06:34:40 pm »
The grace of this mod is to kill hordes of Zulus, exalt the British superiority with rifles, and inferiority of the Zulus with spears. I like it or not, this was the real thing, and so should be the mod.

Nobody plays this mod for the Zulus are stronger than the British, is absurd. It is logical and normal to put the Zulu strong melee, but by God, nothing more.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:41:55 pm by Thvle »

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »
There's plenty of PVP. The events that are hosted, as well as servers that allow PVP in them. If this mod was pro british then then Zulu Heavy Infantry wouldn't have a super hax kill-in-one-hit club of uberdeath. Which I love by the way.

Also, sometimes if you're lucky then your shield will block a shot.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »

We're not responsibly for what other servers are hosting, but blucher put his own server to PvP, what more can you ask? Do you want him to force others to do the same?

Yes and no, we want you to have the Zulu war experience against bots, blasting away waves of zulus, but we shouldn't punish people who want to play as zulus, so zulu humans are balanced with the british.

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:37 pm »

We're not responsibly for what other servers are hosting, but blucher put his own server to PvP, what more can you ask? Do you want him to force others to do the same?

Yes and no, we want you to have the Zulu war experience against bots, blasting away waves of zulus, but we shouldn't punish people who want to play as zulus, so zulu humans are balanced with the british.

There must never be balanced. They must have some advantage that the British can not, so that a specific tactic to win the British, but never an equal balance.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »
There must never be balanced. They must have some advantage that the British can not, so that a specific tactic to win the British, but never an equal balance.

Yes, the British have better range and the Zulus have better melee.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:17 pm »

This is why if you ever made a mod of this type, it would fail. Balance is priorty, in any game.

I think the mod is unblanced, but I do think things can be done to fix it, and I still support the mod.