Author Topic: In Development - B&I 3.0 - old thread  (Read 200330 times)

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
  • Side: Union
Re: In Development
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2014, 10:14:01 am »
YES! I love the Empire of Japan, well at least before they went all fascist and genocidal but that's beside the point.

Offline Lord_John

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hey !
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Nick: Lord_John
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2014, 11:51:49 am »
This looks awesome. First thing that comes to mind, i want to do a machinema of the last samurai like i did with rorke's drift.

Battle of Rorke's Drift
Spoiler
[close]

Shogun 2 fall of the Samurai: Imperial Army vs Traditionalists
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2014, 12:11:48 pm »
Looks awesome!

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »
This looks awesome. First thing that comes to mind, i want to do a machinema of the last samurai like i did with rorke's drift.

I remember watching your Rorke's Drift video when I'd first heard about that mod and wanting to create a similar video XD

YES! I love the Empire of Japan, well at least before they went all fascist and genocidal but that's beside the point.

They are pretty awesome, especially the very first years of the Empire. The mod's time period means that Imperial Japan is set a couple of years after the Boshin War, but while a few rebellions were rising and falling in the main Imperial provinces (exciting stuff!).

I think they should have expanded on a different faction
and I didn't say the mod was dead...
You could have been a lot less rude about it, Parrot has been working on this stuff for the last 3 months more or less. And keep in mind there is another faction reveal to go too.

Let's not get our knickers in a twist. I'm acutally currious as to what you were expecting us to expand on? Microfactions and 20th Century? Those factions were very hard to use in events because of the unfair advantages that they posed over the three "main" factions. Us replacing them with Imperial Japan and the other faction (that we'll release a bit later) means that events can once again make proper use of all five of the factions. And not to mention the fantastic new sceneing opportunities that Japan offers ;D
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »
We are still going to attempt to keep the 19th century micro factions in the mod, but we're not sure if its possible yet so it might not make the release. If it does get in it will seem some improvements on the units.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »
Are you guys using the shogun 2 soldier/house models? I also see similarities in the ship props with those totalwar stuff ... :o

Offline Oldest_Guard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stabber of itty bitty Riflemen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [25th] Oldest
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2014, 01:45:27 pm »
Spoiler

Battle of Rorke's Drift
Spoiler
[close]

Shogun 2 fall of the Samurai: Imperial Army vs Traditionalists
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Dammit John, now I have to watch Zulu and the Last Samurai :c

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2014, 02:02:38 pm »
Are you guys using the shogun 2 soldier/house models? I also see similarities in the ship props with those totalwar stuff ... :o

Not at all :P The ship is a heavily modified osp we discovered in the depths of the internet, and the props are mostly Phlpp's work from Gekokujo.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2014, 04:10:03 pm »
Parrot basically finds model OSP stuff on the internet and ports it into Warband, a talent that is pretty useful seeing as Warband OSP stuff rarely goes past the 14th century.

I apologise for any offence caused to LordAdder but this is some pretty impressive looking stuff. Parrot has even made sound effects and taunts for the Japanese, and they will getting access to not only the new modern artillery but another surprise lined up for you which I am sure Willhelm is eager to show off ;).

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:00 am »
Parrot basically finds model OSP stuff on the internet and ports it into Warband, a talent that is pretty useful seeing as Warband OSP stuff rarely goes past the 14th century.

I apologise for any offence caused to LordAdder but this is some pretty impressive looking stuff. Parrot has even made sound effects and taunts for the Japanese, and they will getting access to not only the new modern artillery but another surprise lined up for you which I am sure Willhelm is eager to show off ;).

Gatling guns, please be Gatling guns.

Offline Alan Davies

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2014, 06:16:06 am »

Or the Reffye mitrailleuse, or maybe even both? :D

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »

Or the Reffye mitrailleuse, or maybe even both? :D

Yes, why not both.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »
I'd strongly advise against it, look what happened to IE with automatic guns... Copious amounts of lag.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2014, 03:36:35 pm »
It wasn't that petschie, pls, before you accuse something, check with team.
It's alright guys. MG's are fine.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
It wasn't that petschie, pls, before you accuse something, check with team.
It's alright guys. MG's are fine.

As with everything else, I'm sure they're fine in moderation ;)