Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 312306 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #495 on: October 30, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
ui_gadgets.dds

You can find it in your textures folder for Warband. (DO NOT CHANGE THE NW ui_gadgets.dds)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 30, 2013, 07:34:30 am »
ui_gadgets.dds

You can find it in your textures folder for Warband. (DO NOT CHANGE THE NW ui_gadgets.dds)

k thx

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2013, 08:58:42 am »
Does anyone know why this happens when I UV unwrap? All the seams I have marked make sense but when I unwrap some of it just goes all over the place

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2013, 11:15:54 am »
Does anyone know why this happens when I UV unwrap? All the seams I have marked make sense but when I unwrap some of it just goes all over the place

Spoiler
[close]

Don't UV map the entire thing at once, select parts you want to map, do it, then move it into position and repeat. You'll want to tick the box which says "Keep uv and edit mode mesh in sync" on the UV map window.

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:30 am »

Don't UV map the entire thing at once, select parts you want to map, do it, then move it into position and repeat. You'll want to tick the box which says "Keep uv and edit mode mesh in sync" on the UV map window.

Thanks, I tried that and got it to work for some parts of the model, but there are 2 parts that still show up messed up when I unwrap them, even individually
Here is an example of one:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #500 on: November 04, 2013, 02:52:56 am »
I was wondering:
Could someone here teach me their ways? Like friend me on steam and we could spend the weekend going over this stuff? I know there are tutorials but I need someone in the moment to teach me in laymans terms because I so nub. If you could, I'd love you forever and pay you in love and blowjerbs. Looking at you Betaknight. Sorry I didn't make it to TGI Fridays :(
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 04, 2013, 11:24:19 am »
I was wondering:
Could someone here teach me their ways? Like friend me on steam and we could spend the weekend going over this stuff? I know there are tutorials but I need someone in the moment to teach me in laymans terms because I so nub. If you could, I'd love you forever and pay you in love and blowjerbs. Looking at you Betaknight. Sorry I didn't make it to TGI Fridays :(

What exactly do u want to learn?
If it's modeling, watch this video: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKu5_KO5aw[/youtube]
It was the first I watched on modelling and basically taught me all the basics. You can also learn a lot from just trying to make any model you want and then pressing different buttons to see what they do and also just learning over time as you make models

Texturing is also quite simple in theory if you know basic photoshop, and there are lots of tutorials to show you whatever you need to do, so for both basic texturing and modeling I don't really think you need that in-depth help. The hardest thing to understand would probably be UV unwrapping, certain settings, and getting textures from your models, but otherwise a lot of it is quite logical once you start to play around with it. If you are committed and actually want to learn then it won't be so difficult as you think

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #502 on: November 04, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »
It is just trial and error. We learn from other peoples opinion. 3D Art thread in Talesworld helps.
As he said it's simple if you have patience and are commited.

Spoiler
btw, I was left alone waiting the whole time...
[close]
The first modder for NW.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #503 on: November 04, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »

Thanks, I tried that and got it to work for some parts of the model, but there are 2 parts that still show up messed up when I unwrap them, even individually
Here is an example of one:
Spoiler
[close]

Hmm, try mapping in faces mode.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2013, 11:37:17 pm »
I was wondering:

What exactly do u want to learn?
If it's modeling, watch this video: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKu5_KO5aw[/youtube]
It was the first I watched on modelling and basically taught me all the basics. You can also learn a lot from just trying to make any model you want and then pressing different buttons to see what they do and also just learning over time as you make models

Texturing is also quite simple in theory if you know basic photoshop, and there are lots of tutorials to show you whatever you need to do, so for both basic texturing and modeling I don't really think you need that in-depth help. The hardest thing to understand would probably be UV unwrapping, certain settings, and getting textures from your models, but otherwise a lot of it is quite logical once you start to play around with it. If you are committed and actually want to learn then it won't be so difficult as you think
I would like to do what Beta   8) does, make uniforms and stuff. Could that be done in this here Blender and if so, is Blender free? Also is doing something like making uniforms texturing and modeling combined? Too add, for something like that, is there coding involved? Sry for nub question.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2013, 02:57:59 am »
Beta =
Blender = Free
Beta = Not use Blender
Blender > Wings3D
The first modder for NW.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
How would i change Highland Cathedral To Auld Lang Syne

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2013, 05:19:58 am »
Hello world im alive again on these fourms and I have now one question. Is it possible to add more skins in the module skins? I know that only shows male and female but u know say if i were to want to add like fantasy elves to be a chosen thing is that possible? :D  Cause when i add my custom skins/heads etc... It still says select male or female... I have checked everywhere! :D
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Harybo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2013, 07:04:35 am »

I would like to do what Beta   8) does, make uniforms and stuff. Could that be done in this here Blender and if so, is Blender free? Also is doing something like making uniforms texturing and modeling combined? Too add, for something like that, is there coding involved? Sry for nub question.
To make uniforms you need to know how to make models and textures because the model is what you play with in-game and the texture is what covers it and gives it colors. You can model and create the basic, uncolored textures in blender, but you need something like photoshop to fill in the texture and give it color. No you don't need to code. np its good that people are willing to learn, its a really fun skill to have and gives support for more mods

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »

To make uniforms you need to know how to make models and textures because the model is what you play with in-game and the texture is what covers it and gives it colors. You can model and create the basic, uncolored textures in blender, but you need something like photoshop to fill in the texture and give it color. No you don't need to code. np its good that people are willing to learn, its a really fun skill to have and gives support for more mods
Not completely true, The model is the base, you only need to learn how to UV map. Modelling is something different. But I'd suggest to learn both plus rigging and animation.
Once again not true. You don't necesarily need Photoshop. You can also use Gimp or which ever program you feel comfortable with that can achieve textures with details (No. Microsoft Paint is not one of them).
It is a fun skill to have. And if in the future you decide to take up designing, it would come in handy.
Although coding is not needed to texture, BUT for adding models to the mod/game (in this case, obviously the code can be used for many other things).
Remember it takes time and patience to achieve. And trial and error.
The first modder for NW.