Author Topic: In Development - B&I 3.0 - old thread  (Read 200382 times)

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: In Development - New faction info released (Page 7)
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2014, 11:39:29 am »
That looks OP.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2014, 03:11:46 pm »
Epicness as usual

Offline basso55

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrBasso
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:38 pm »
Hello. i'm requesting the new faction to be for example an arabian faction because there enough European Please Try to add Egypt, France,England because there were wars between them It will be Funny when Egypt vs France From 1799-1804 Please i'm Requesting Egypt Faction To have Some Fun and Historical Battles :)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2014, 08:53:34 pm »
An Arabian faction wouldn't make much sense in the given time period, perhaps North African troops for France and some Bedouin for the Brits, but defiantly not a full nation.

Now if we were talking about the post-WWI era it'd be different, but in the late 1800s almost all Arab states were either in spheres of influence or protectorates/territories of Europe.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »
An Arabian faction wouldn't make much sense in the given time period, perhaps North African troops for France and some Bedouin for the Brits, but defiantly not a full nation.

Now if we were talking about the post-WWI era it'd be different, but in the late 1800s almost all Arab states were either in spheres of influence or protectorates/territories of Europe.
There was a mahdist rebellion or something.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2014, 09:12:23 pm »
Sudanese aren't Arabs, that's like calling a Russian and a Chinese person the same thing.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »
When I started helping out with the mod Blucher was developing Victoria's Colonial Wars which was centred on the action in and around Africa, so when we planned out the new stuff that side of things was never considered.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »
When I started helping out with the mod Blucher was developing Victoria's Colonial Wars which was centred on the action in and around Africa, so when we planned out the new stuff that side of things was never considered.

Victorias colonial war doesnt progress well in my judgement so I would support some bedouins for france and some arabs for UK or something... Maybe add a kabyle musket??  ::)
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline basso55

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrBasso
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
It makes no sense to add Arabian troops For France and UK Because There were no Arabian Troops in the army of the both Countries

ClearlyInvsible Sudanese  Are arabs did you have speak to an Sudan Person before? No? Then Just share what you're sure its a Right info's

I'f there an Arabian Faction Like Egypt the Game Would be Funny because European only doesn't makes any sense If the mod are Historical Between 18th Century it would be the best Mod Out there Because there No Other mods hes 18 TH Century war Between Egypt,France,Uk War Please I'm Requesting from the Developments To Think about its a very good idea ^_^ also all my Friends Looking Forward For It , Thanks For Replaying Please Share you're ideas and feel free to explain whats in You're Mind :)

Offline Alan Davies

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:33 pm »
It makes no sense to add Arabian troops For France and UK Because There were no Arabian Troops in the army of the both Countries

ClearlyInvsible Sudanese  Are arabs did you have speak to an Sudan Person before? No? Then Just share what you're sure its a Right info's

I'f there an Arabian Faction Like Egypt the Game Would be Funny because European only doesn't makes any sense If the mod are Historical Between 18th Century it would be the best Mod Out there Because there No Other mods hes 18 TH Century war Between Egypt,France,Uk War Please I'm Requesting from the Developments To Think about its a very good idea ^_^ also all my Friends Looking Forward For It , Thanks For Replaying Please Share you're ideas and feel free to explain whats in You're Mind :)

This is the Age of Imperialism, and Egypt does not fit in as a major Nation in this case.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2014, 06:25:31 pm »
Are you Egyptian by any chance?

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:26 pm »
Parrot is experimenting with something that might spice up the random map generation side of things more. I won't say anymore though, just getting some antcipating going here.

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »
Parrot is experimenting with something that might spice up the random map generation side of things more.

epixxxxomfgbrainoverflow
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:42 pm »
Look up the french Army of Africa, along with the Arab Legion. Or talk to my ancestors who died under a French flag even though they were Moroccans. Don't say shit like this when you're wrong, it insults the fallen.

Hm, well I did some research and it seems that 70% of Sudan is Arab, so I can cede this, apologies for the uninformed comment. But Sudan in itself wasn't a nation, and Mahidist Sudan was not an Empire.

The Urabi revolt was just that, a revolt. The nation of Egypt itself at this point was nothing more than a British protectorate. I'm not trying to talk poorly about your nation (Assuming you are Egyptian), if this was a modification about the early 1800s I would be completely for an Egyptian/Ottoman faction, but in this time period it makes no sense. It'd be like adding in the United States because of the Spanish-American War.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »
Well the french already have North African zouaves