Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 94671 times)

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2014, 11:41:11 am »
Main issue with PvP servers is that wave respawn time on conquest is ridiculously short (5 seconds on most servers) which makes it impossible to capture any flag where people respawn. It also turns conquest in TDM with flags and tickets (with about equal amount of spawnkilling since spamming mortar on flag results in endless stream of kills). However, that is just server setting but I haven't seen single conquest server with reasonable respawn times (1.5 -2 minutes).
Battle servers are rarely populated, mostly because of troll wave which has hit IE pretty badly (combined with ridiculous map sizes, people quite often end up waiting 15+ minutes because there's not enough admins on servers).
Also, a lot of maps feature completely open plains with little to no cover, which are impossible cross due to high accuracy.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2014, 11:51:21 am »
Aye I tend to agree. However I haven't had the time to make any scenes myself yet. I must say that so far there is really only one or two scenes that are a bit decent in matters of size. The mod at this stage is just missing a lot of variation in scene sizes.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
  • Side: Union
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2014, 12:57:30 am »
Main issue with PvP servers is that wave respawn time on conquest is ridiculously short (5 seconds on most servers) which makes it impossible to capture any flag where people respawn. It also turns conquest in TDM with flags and tickets (with about equal amount of spawnkilling since spamming mortar on flag results in endless stream of kills). However, that is just server setting but I haven't seen single conquest server with reasonable respawn times (1.5 -2 minutes).
Battle servers are rarely populated, mostly because of troll wave which has hit IE pretty badly (combined with ridiculous map sizes, people quite often end up waiting 15+ minutes because there's not enough admins on servers).
Also, a lot of maps feature completely open plains with little to no cover, which are impossible cross due to high accuracy.
From what I've read the conquest mode spawns people in waves. So if I died and then 5 seconds were left on the wave spawn time, I would spawn in with everyone else in 5 seconds. What I think needs to be done instead if at all possible is that it is individual spawns like in Battlefield, as well as increasing the spawn time to somewhere around 30-40 seconds. Also, putting the spawns farther away from the flag would help.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:16 am »
The spawns have to be at the flags really.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2014, 01:19:26 am »
It would be nice if the flags were further apart, though. That's why Belgian Forest is so awful, it has two spawns super close together and with a forest (Can't see shit but doesn't actually act as cover from bullets) connecting them, so it's basically just TDM.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:59 am »
From what I've read the conquest mode spawns people in waves. So if I died and then 5 seconds were left on the wave spawn time, I would spawn in with everyone else in 5 seconds. What I think needs to be done instead if at all possible is that it is individual spawns like in Battlefield, as well as increasing the spawn time to somewhere around 30-40 seconds. Also, putting the spawns farther away from the flag would help.

You can set the spawn timer for 25 seconds or whatever you like. That makes the wave timer 25 seconds, regardless of each individual players timer. I've had many times in the few short days while playing on different Conquest servers, with different times, to die, spawn back in within 1-2 seconds and be dead again because of the wave timer.

Wave timer is somewhat cool, but at the same time kind of a pain, especially with these early IE maps. Everyone on the server pretty much knows once your last point gets HMG/LMG, mortars, grenades, etc on it with the wave spawn. The mass kills for the other team will come in and its gg.

Some testing to see how Conquest would do with individual timers would be nice (maybe for a week, just a patch that does that or if this is not practical or wanted, ah well), just to see how it compares. If wave is found to be better by the Devs, that's cool in my book.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2014, 06:49:01 am »
The animations feel a little slow, like there is a delay between reloading and the ability to fire. Also, I would very much like for German MG08/15 gunner to start with 100/100 instead of 100/40. Since they are 100 round drums after all.

Offline furyfire

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2014, 08:51:59 am »
Admins - BIG Fan of your mod please consider the follow things
-----------------

As i said the other day, and many agreed with me, some kind of help i need a medic  or i surrender animation would be great just to give that kind of slight role play element for people playing besides friends. they are easily available from standard nw or blood iron mod, im sure our fine friend dev will, wont have a problem with you borrow it. anyway not everyone just wants to kill, and thats what has always made mount blade series different from your standard shoot em up games.   i mean its harder to NOT have the surrender animation in, than to have it in, because to not have it in, it means it was removed.
also like i say if its a case of no keys on keyboard spare, then please be my guest remove fix bayonet or something.

Also bleeding out is crazy, from the realising that you are bleeding, to actually dying usually doesnt take more than 10 seconds, and whilst in blood iron it was ridiculously long (i once went a 15 minute battle bleeding and still didnt die),  i definatly think it should still be toned down a bit.  i play medic a bit, and i saw a guy shot via pistol in the foot, and he was bleeding, i wouldnt have thought it would have taken more than half his health, yet in the few seconds it took me to get to him he had already bled out and died.

Calling medic and surrender animations are definitely being considered. Grammaphone, doable. I play medic quite often and I don't find the quick bleed out speed to be a problem. Most of the time, what kills the bleeder is another shot. Of course, a point blank shot, or a more powerful weapon, will cause a quicker bleed out, it only makes sense. Conquest respawns are in waves, untouched from NW. Hardly unpredictable, but yes, there will be times you respawn immediately and times it takes twenty or more seconds.

Aside from calling a medic animation, how about a "grasp wound" animation. When in this animation, the character cannot engage in combat, but his bleeding time is prolonged to 60 seconds OR he will instead not die as long as he continues to clutch his wound despite his life reaching finally reaching nil.

The animation could be like the man clutching his stomach. The character will immediately drop whatever he is holding, prompting the player to press / to "shoulder his rifle" if he wants to keep his weapon before pressing the grasp wound button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For a placeholder in the meantime for the "Push mode" the developers or any talented map maker could instead design a conquest map that'll funnel combat into smaller points, and ensure that opponents could not flank and bypass the immediate capture point just to capture the ones on the rear. Maybe something of a "long" map rather than a "large" map.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The whistle acts like drums and gives a "speed and melee buff" whenever it plays the "advance" or "charge" call.
Maybe another call/song can make the officer suddenly flash a beacon on his head or something, which can serve as a rally point for nearby players. The possibilities it can give: forming up for defense or reinforcement, forming up for a charge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Design conquest maps for smaller populations of 10vs10, just to keep the server alive during off hours XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something hard once a friend of mine explained to me how trenches in map making are made impossible by digging down, but rather elevating everything up. But it would be cool if engineers can dig foxholes (the ones I see in game already), and trenches (the trenches taking 3-5 times longer than other constructs to build). Additional constructs would be firing steps (you know, the mini stairs you see on the trenches used so that players can fire over the trench?) Well imagine the combination of iron planks and firing steps :D
Also, build ladder :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Portable planks and ladders, that the engineer can build and anyone can carry, when deployed, the plank will stand erect in a 45 degree angle, allowing players to jump wire emplacements. It can be set up or down, kinda like an MG.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I support minefields, but they should be indiscriminate. To help friendlies, sign posts can also be built :3.

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:49 am »

I think wave  respawns are needed, otherwise people don't rush in waves but rather trickle in and die one by one.
Yesterday I played on conquest server with 30 seconds wave respawn and it was actually possible to capture flags on which enemy respawned. Although it would be nice if all flags had underground spawn points to avoid mass spawn kills by mortars/grenades.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2014, 12:03:10 pm »
Yeah, wave spawns and therefore conquest really fit with the idea of it being a WWI mod, given that people didn't just randomly decide to go one by one to try and run straight into MG fire :P

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2014, 07:07:58 pm »
How about some trench made camo for the stahlhelm for sentries and machine gunners? Just to make them a little more unique looking.

Offline RagingWomble

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »
Sappers should be able to place some kind of bush like thing for camouflage.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2014, 02:14:45 pm »
How about some trench made camo for the stahlhelm for sentries and machine gunners? Just to make them a little more unique looking.
I have textures for that, but not yet... It'll probably come in soon.
The first modder for NW.

Offline BloodBeag

• Private
  • You're one day closer to death and you're wastingt
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BloodBeag
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »
make the animation for french reloading work smoother when tapping it quickly
Fur der kroooown!

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »
make the animation for french reloading work smoother when tapping it quickly
For weapons that reload a single round at a time, you can hold down the reload button, much smoother than pressing it many times. :)
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.