16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983249 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #5565 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:58 pm »
Warband bots are terrible for going against them with accurate setting mods. Remember playing that China Mod bot invasion game mode?

They were freaking super snipers who could easily headshot you.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #5566 on: February 08, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »

Do we know or do IE staff plan to use the "Humans vs bots" system on their servers? Sorry if it has already been asked before, i'm a bit lazy to search on the 371 pages of this topic :(

or only battle/siege mod?

thanks

This wouldn't work. Bots are used to using left click to shoot. In the mod, you have to right click to aim and left click to shot. Testing of my own with boots proved the only weapons they can use is melee and grenades. So, humans vs. bots would not work... Unless...

Maps are made long field, and one trench. The trench is the humans base, and they have to survive against a never ending horde of bots just attacking the trench...

But, that's gotta' get boring fast.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #5567 on: February 08, 2014, 05:34:39 pm »
Bots should get weapons of the same stats but based off the NW release to shoot method.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5568 on: February 08, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »
Thanks to you all for your answers.

I didn't know it was possible to have an invasion mod on NW.

I don't know what happened on AZW mod, but i can understand if it creates some troubles to stay away of course.
What happens is that everyone decides to go on player vs ai servers and all PvP slowly lose players. humans vs bots servers then quickly become very boring with the unintelligent ai bots. Players then become bored and leave. The end result is that a really good mod with lots of potential is flushed down the toilet because people want to get easy ai kills.

Yep i understand this trouble, that is why i said i can understand if they choose to don't use humans vs bots :)

Do we know or do IE staff plan to use the "Humans vs bots" system on their servers? Sorry if it has already been asked before, i'm a bit lazy to search on the 371 pages of this topic :(

or only battle/siege mod?

thanks

This wouldn't work. Bots are used to using left click to shoot. In the mod, you have to right click to aim and left click to shot. Testing of my own with boots proved the only weapons they can use is melee and grenades. So, humans vs. bots would not work... Unless...

Maps are made long field, and one trench. The trench is the humans base, and they have to survive against a never ending horde of bots just attacking the trench...

But, that's gotta' get boring fast.

I didn.t know it´s right then left click. I was thinking it will be like the vanilla mod, in this case lol yeah gonna be shitin to foght against em. :)

Warband bots are terrible for going against them with accurate setting mods. Remember playing that China Mod bot invasion game mode?

They were freaking super snipers who could easily headshot you.

True, but with modern weapons i though they were less accurates but more veloce in the fire speed rate.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #5569 on: February 08, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
Nice to see lots of armys and brigades are forming. I know that large armies like DA/UA and the British Army plan to stride in and give it a go, wonder if it will become very army based like North and South ?

Let's hope not. Armies are what sucked NaS dry, and what was left in armies was just power-hungry freaks that knocked out half the playerbase. NW is much more healthy because there's more individual regiments than there are brigades and armies.

Please brigade with caution and reason.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 08, 2014, 07:07:09 pm »
Nice to see lots of armys and brigades are forming. I know that large armies like DA/UA and the British Army plan to stride in and give it a go, wonder if it will become very army based like North and South ?

Let's hope not. Armies are what sucked NaS dry, and what was left in armies was just power-hungry freaks that knocked out half the playerbase. NW is much more healthy because there's more individual regiments than there are brigades and armies.

Please brigade with caution and reason.

I can't agree anymore with this. If you gys insist on forming armies, at least do it with other regiment looking to propser from it, not regiments looking to be the best. Armies are meant for regiments to work together, prosper together, grow together. Unfortunately, like Audi said, NaS got destroyed by armies since every army had a bunch of power hungry children up at the top who literally destroyed regiments.

KISS=Keep it simple, stupid...

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 08, 2014, 07:08:28 pm »
Lets wait for a solid nicely populated community before we start needlessly carving it up.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5572 on: February 08, 2014, 09:37:06 pm »
Lets wait for a solid nicely populated community before we start needlessly carving it up.
ITS FEEDING TIME!

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 08, 2014, 09:38:10 pm »
ITS FEEDING TIME!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #5574 on: February 08, 2014, 10:05:12 pm »
Thanks to you all for your answers.

I didn't know it was possible to have an invasion mod on NW.

I don't know what happened on AZW mod, but i can understand if it creates some troubles to stay away of course.
What happens is that everyone decides to go on player vs ai servers and all PvP slowly lose players. humans vs bots servers then quickly become very boring with the unintelligent ai bots. Players then become bored and leave. The end result is that a really good mod with lots of potential is flushed down the toilet because people want to get easy ai kills.

To be fair AZW has never died and you can usually fine 5-10 players on it, and sometimes it gets spikes of up to 50. I guess with invasion you can always go back to it without needing other players unlike PvP. Kind of like how an SP mod can't really die either.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5575 on: February 08, 2014, 10:12:30 pm »
ITS FEEDING TIME!

Spoiler
[close]
I love you petshie!

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 08, 2014, 10:23:51 pm »
ITS FEEDING TIME!

Spoiler
[close]
I love you petshie!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #5577 on: February 09, 2014, 12:12:05 am »
The release of IE is going to be on an awesome day, last day before half term, plus it's Citizenship Day! Yay no lessons.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 09, 2014, 12:15:54 am »
I'm beginning to realize why the 14th was chosen... It's Valentine's Day! It's a Valentine's Day gift to all of us! ;D

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #5579 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:54 am »
Or because its exactly two weeks from the original release date.