16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983193 times)

Offline Johan

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5teFKI]_Oberst_Johann
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Release Announced: Feb 14, 2014 Pg325)
« Reply #5460 on: February 06, 2014, 01:09:25 pm »
This is everything you can answer to my post? :D
Remember Seven Years War, le lern2fight pls, Russians didnt lose any battle to Prussians. kthxbye
Yeah, there were some Austrians, Frenchies and the rest of central Europe fighting them so they couldn't be that concentrated on the Russians.

I thought the German wouldn't fear the Slavic scum Russian?

I think we can all agree that anyone who calls the French cowards during the first world war was an idiot right ?

Pretty much, considering they had some serious balls with their mass human wave doctrine.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #5461 on: February 06, 2014, 01:11:02 pm »
Spoiler
Lol, the Germans wrecked the Russians at Zitadelle, especially taking into account the numbers they were facing.
But why they retreated if they wrecked Russians? Magic?

Are you forgetting the Orel counterattack, and then the Smolensk offensive? The Germans didn't have enough soldiers to keep up a full blown attack while defending against the Russians. Remember they were outnumbered 2.5/7 million all along the front. Sure the North shoulder didn't get anywhere far because they lacked tanks, but  the south shoulder with the SS-Panzerkorps as a spearhead had basically broken through. The Russians could pick any point in the line to attack and be guaranteed 3-1 superiority in soldiers, 7-1 in tanks, 5-1 in artillery without even moving any troops.

Lol, the Germans wrecked the Russians at Zitadelle, especially taking into account the numbers they were facing.

After Citadel the German Armies were racing eachother to reach Berlin first.

k
[close]
/offtopic

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kammin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5462 on: February 06, 2014, 01:11:13 pm »
"When in doubt throw more men at them"

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »
Spoiler
But why they retreated if they wrecked Russians? Magic?

Are you forgetting the Orel counterattack, and then the Smolensk offensive? The Germans didn't have enough soldiers to keep up a full blown attack while defending against the Russians. Remember they were outnumbered 2.5/7 million all along the front. Sure the North shoulder didn't get anywhere far because they lacked tanks, but  the south shoulder with the SS-Panzerkorps as a spearhead had basically broken through. The Russians could pick any point in the line to attack and be guaranteed 3-1 superiority in soldiers, 7-1 in tanks, 5-1 in artillery without even moving any troops.

After Citadel the German Armies were racing eachother to reach Berlin first.

k
[close]
/offtopic

It's a mod about the first world war. It's kinda on topic.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:55 pm »
did i just meet captain oblivious?

WW2 has nothing to do with the course of WW1 since it was 20 years later

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5465 on: February 06, 2014, 01:13:39 pm »
We stopped being scared of the russians when suddenly a random Tannenberg appeared.
We started being scared again in 1945. ::)

But in regard to how it really happened (not how it was planed by Schlieffen) invading Belgium was useless. However I think Britain would have joined anyway.

Close to winning is wrong. It's true, 1918 there were no non-captured enemied soldiers on German ground.
But the German forces were really decimated and the allies got supplies en masse from the USA. It was a good decision from Wilhelm II. not to do a total war like Hitler did.

@who the victory deserves: I really think it would have been better if Germany had won. Not because I am German, but because many bad things would not have happened like for example the financial crisis, Hitler's takeover or the conflicts in the mideast or the balcans.

@Kammin:
Google "Seabattle of Jutland" :P

As a French i agree with you on the victory of germans. If it had cancelled the ww2 it could have been better, my country is not about 1 more defeat in its history :D (joke, my dear fellows french)

But we can't guess what would happened in this case. Ww1 was acceptable in the French opinion because of the 1870 humiliation, so with another humiliation, things could have go worse. Even for ourselves french because as german did with jews and communists, french nationalists could have say it´s all the fault of defeatist meridionals or jews or idunnowhoelse.

I personnaly don't think about winners because of the issue of  this war. Life of people didnt changed in the good way because of the victory, we had spanish flu and ww2, families had lost alot of their members etc.

But good things came from this conflict: Surgery, blood transfert, pacfisim, feeling of that war was useless and it could be avoided etc...

Offline Kammin

• Captain
  • That's a paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »
@ Sven

Don't post stupid comments if you don't want an obvious and blank answer. WW2 has everything to do with world war one...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:19:12 pm by Kammin »

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #5467 on: February 06, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
2Sven

It's their deal, that they attacked USSR, they werent forced too, or they came to murderize liberate slavic folk? Dont make a victims from them, they came and received a payback.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: February 06, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »
This is everything you can answer to my post? :D
Remember Seven Years War, le lern2fight pls, Russians didnt lose any battle to Prussians. kthxbye
Yeah, there were some Austrians, Frenchies and the rest of central Europe fighting them so they couldn't be that concentrated on the Russians.

I thought the German wouldn't fear the Slavic scum Russian?

I think we can all agree that anyone who calls the French cowards during the first world war was an idiot right ?

Pretty much, considering they had some serious balls with their mass human wave doctrine.

This wasnt clearly an "human wave doctrine", we were outnumbered by germans. This was the ideology of that machineguns and artillery were useless, cowards weapons, and as the revolution armies did with their victorious bayonet charges, they should do the same. No defence, no trenches, only attacking attacking and attacking. It looks like human waves because of the lack of covers and the serious wounds inflicted by modern weapons, but it´s not the same thing. French though even with a less number of soldiers they could defeat germans by the superiority of their close combat training and skill, not because they would have overwhelmed them by number.

It was different after december 1914, when bloody offensives were only motivated by poor minded officers and the fact of that the "holy land" was occuped by germany and it was not tolerable to the french public opinion. Germans could stay and defend their positions as their territory was safe and they were inside the ennemy country. So the same tactics were repeated: attacking and attacking again, only defend when they face a counter attack or an ennemy offensive.

We get the same problem in ww2, on the opposit way: defend defend and only defend. Tanks and planes are useless, we can win with good old trenches and fortifications made for position war.  ::)

Germans always were  a way ahead of french since 1870.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:44:42 pm by Nardu »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: February 06, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »
@ Sven

Don't post stupid comments if you don't want an obvious and blank answer. WW2 has everything to do with world war one...

Course of WW1.., Read the post.

2Sven

It's their deal, that they attacked USSR, they werent forced too, or they came to murderize liberate slavic folk? Dont make a victims from them, they came and received a payback.

Im not victmizing them, im looking at the strategic situation.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #5470 on: February 06, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved ruined the day there.
Germany really deserved to win. Why did they have to invade through Belgium? If they just went straight for France they wouldn't have the UK against them...
Please, explain to me, poor educated man, how Russia ruined day?
Germany would have had a better chance of winning the war.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: February 06, 2014, 02:24:34 pm »
No sens, France went to war because Russia did, it was its allied duty.

If Russia didn't go to war to protect Serbia, France neither.

We can go in the other way, without Austria, Bulgaria and Ottomans, Germany was surrounded by ennemy forces: Serbians, Romanians, Russians, Italians (in 1915), UK, France, Belgians. No Victory for them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:27:49 pm by Nardu »

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #5472 on: February 06, 2014, 03:03:22 pm »
If not Russia, Paris could fall to Germans in 1914. Russian East-Prussian operation actually saved ruined the day there.
Germany really deserved to win. Why did they have to invade through Belgium? If they just went straight for France they wouldn't have the UK against them...
Please, explain to me, poor educated man, how Russia ruined day?
Germany would have had a better chance of winning the war.
Basically what happened is the General in charge of the Paris offensive, after making it through the worst and coming close with full momentum and a large advantage, received news of the Russian offensive in the East, doubted german defenses there and decided to send a few entire divisions to the East. Those forces would've most likely been enough to replenish troop losses and keep the momentum to Paris.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #5473 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »
That is sad.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #5474 on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:49 pm »
None of us would exist if Germany had won the first world war though.