16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983132 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #4680 on: January 26, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »
But it's maps. Something that can be added directly through the servers and downloaded immediately in-game. If it's really just maps we're waiting for, I don't understand why the devs can't just give those maps to server hosts everywhere and let them use it as they please.

If not that, just wait until it's time to add a new faction or something.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: January 26, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »
I don't really think the random map generator will work for this mod really. It'd feel just like Blood And Iron but with guns and artillery that will end things in seconds.

At least with custom maps you'll have proper cover, places to fight and with conquest objectives to take.

It might work for people and be fun for a week or two, then people will lose interest.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 26, 2014, 11:25:25 pm »
I'm not saying anything about the randomized maps.

I'm saying: these custom maps, that you say are worth value (as do I), can be added later, even without a patch. If the maps are all that we're waiting for, then this mod should be out already, because we don't really need to wait for that. They can be added literally whenever, and will be via people outside of the team regardless.

It might work for people and be fun for a week or two, then people will lose interest.

No offense to him (I actually like his work a lot), but Wilhelm's mods aren't exactly known for being extensively popular for more than a few weeks.

Maps will be added constantly anyway... so, if it REALLY IS maps that we're waiting for... we shouldn't be. That's all I'm getting at.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:27:55 pm by Sir Audiate »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #4683 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:30 pm »
Let's leave it to Rig and the team, they'll do what they think is best
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4684 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »
If people want custom maps, then mappers can make custom maps and those can be put on display for people to download. Essentially, a mapping section for the mod.

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 26, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »
Well mods would have lot less issue with maps in getting maps in general if we all become map makers. Keep in mind Iron Europe sort of has its own set of props, textures and other things post release map making might take a while for non developers to get a feel of things.

I expect the developers of Iron Europe also have a pretty solid road map worked out and they have specific plans for the 2nd patch. I expect they'd rather would want to at least make sure we have enough maps to keep people satisfied for a few months post release.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #4686 on: January 26, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »

I'm saying: these custom maps, that you say are worth value (as do I), can be added later, even without a patch. If the maps are all that we're waiting for, then this mod should be out already, because we don't really need to wait for that. They can be added literally whenever, and will be via people outside of the team regardless.

No offense to him (I actually like his work a lot), but Wilhelm's mods aren't exactly known for being extensively popular for more than a few weeks.

Maps will be added constantly anyway... so, if it REALLY IS maps that we're waiting for... we shouldn't be. That's all I'm getting at.
You know what was a problem with Blood and Iron in the beginning? (no offense to you, Willhelm, you've added several new maps I believe in the latest patch) There wasn't enough custom maps to play on, and the maps that were there were either unbalanced, broken, or the default NW maps. Granted, there were good maps, but they got over-played because they were apart of the minority of the maps. That's why I felt Blood and Iron got so boring for me so quickly.

Give them time to make the maps. Especially in a mod like this, it's nothing without it's maps.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4687 on: January 26, 2014, 11:36:24 pm »
And as stated before, patches kill the community, release something that will work for a long time, like B&I. Then add in a lot of stuff with a new patch. Please don't end up like bello civili and get patched a bunch to where it kills the community. That is one of the worse things that could happen to this mod.

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: January 26, 2014, 11:36:47 pm »
I'm sure many people would spend many sleepless nights (maybe more than they had waiting for this mod to come out) just to "figure out" the new props and things. There's talented mappers everywhere in this community, it's practically easier to find than expert melee in public NA servers.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #4689 on: January 26, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »
There is more than "just" maps missing...

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4690 on: January 26, 2014, 11:41:25 pm »
Small Patches kill mods, just wait longer and release it finished.
Agree. Wait and release it in it's full glory.

Nah, there's more than that, trust me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:44:55 pm by Wismar »

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: January 26, 2014, 11:41:35 pm »

Then that should be said.

Guys. This is getting patched sooner or later. There's other factions that are planned to be added, from what I know. Look at MM, the only patch that really killed that for some time was NW.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #4692 on: January 26, 2014, 11:46:36 pm »

Then that should be said.

Guys. This is getting patched sooner or later. There's other factions that are planned to be added, from what I know. Look at MM, the only patch that really killed that for some time was NW.
Or alternatively they can have most, if not all, of the maps done and ready for the release. I would prefer that than waiting for new maps to be created while playing a small list of over played maps.

Offline Hazzard

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hazzard, or something like that.
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4693 on: January 26, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »
I have not read most stupid in my life, no offense.

What?

I have not read anything so stupid in my life.

I'd say Will was perfectly accurate. Constant patches mean people need to keep grabbing new versions to play multiplayer. Less so with single player, I can keep playing an old version of a single player mod and nothing forces me to get a new download.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #4694 on: January 27, 2014, 12:01:30 am »

You know what was a problem with Blood and Iron in the beginning? (no offense to you, Willhelm, you've added several new maps I believe in the latest patch) There wasn't enough custom maps to play on, and the maps that were there were either unbalanced, broken, or the default NW maps. Granted, there were good maps, but they got over-played because they were apart of the minority of the maps. That's why I felt Blood and Iron got so boring for me so quickly.

Give them time to make the maps. Especially in a mod like this, it's nothing without it's maps.

That's exactly the reason i think they should get more for IE. Also there isn't just maps missing, theres some kinks to be worked out.
And incidently, AZW which i did 50% of the work for is still popular and played and B&I has 2 mostly full events a week, and BC is dead but i dont think this is the right community for a roman mod.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:03:03 am by Willhelm »