16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983223 times)

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3900 on: January 09, 2014, 04:30:56 am »
I mean IE is the IE team's intellectual property, they can order anyone to stop using it if they wish to.
We can 'order' it, however, they will simply ignore us. Shutting down a server not directly under the control of the team would be very difficult.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3901 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:44 am »
I mean IE is the IE team's intellectual property, they can order anyone to stop using it if they wish to.
We can 'order' it, however, they will simply ignore us. Shutting down a server not directly under the control of the team would be very difficult.

Exactly ^

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #3902 on: January 09, 2014, 04:55:23 am »
Well, you could try and file for copyright. Though it'd be a long and painful process, you could use that to force any unwanted servers out of commission (Talking US law here, not international)
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #3903 on: January 09, 2014, 04:57:27 am »

Well, you could try and file for copyright. Though it'd be a long and painful process, you could use that to force any unwanted servers out of commission (Talking US law here, not international)
You actually expect a mod team to literally sue people for copyright infringement because they put a server up on a game that they own a license for? I feel like that would go over so well, and would do nothing but provide a positive face for the mod.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3904 on: January 09, 2014, 04:58:40 am »

Something that really shouldn't be needed if people behaved, but there are always those few trouble makers, C'est la vie

Is the LMG/MG going to have the same pinpoint accuracy as the rifles, or will they more or less have a NW-BI accuracy to balance with speed and damage?

You actually expect a mod team to literally sue people for copyright infringement because they put a server up on a game that they own a license for? I feel like that would go over so well, and would do nothing but provide a positive face for the mod.

You sound exactly like a guy who caused a lot of problems for the PF Devs by breaking through the file securities and releasing the server files to the forum, then trying to act as a martyr fighting for the freedom of others to use a mod that would not have been created without the mod makers  :-\

Goes without saying he was an idiot and a troll who got banned for stirring unnecessary chaos.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:01:44 am by AntonioTheWorstAtMelee »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #3905 on: January 09, 2014, 05:01:46 am »

Well if you take a piece of property and misuse it, I think the creator of that property has the right to take it back.

There'd need to be a terms of service though.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #3906 on: January 09, 2014, 05:03:11 am »

Well if you take a piece of property and misuse it, I think the creator of that property has the right to take it back.

The creator has every right to limit the use of his work, if he hadn't made it and made it public then we wouldn't even have it...
I remember the devs considering making some sort of legal agreement you have to agree to before downloading (like on of those long things people never read and just press accept from an .exe or something)

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #3907 on: January 09, 2014, 05:06:37 am »

Let me reemphasize what I said about owning a license. This is a mod for a DLC, for a game which, anyone who is playing the mod, owns, by means of purchasing, a license for. Therefor, said owners (every person in this community) have any right to conduct anything that does not go against the terms of service of this game, and that includes hosting a server.

And, Antonio, the LMG has the almost the same accuracy as a rifle as far as I can tell. However, it seems very balanced atm.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3908 on: January 09, 2014, 10:43:59 am »
Willhelm II class anyone?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #3909 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:06 am »

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Na, a Moltke or Hindenburg general class pls! ;)

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #3910 on: January 09, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

This would work for my regiment as a unique unit, since I am the Kaiser in the official regiment list :D

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: January 09, 2014, 02:31:28 pm »
You should add the Blackadder characters to the mod

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #3912 on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:29 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

This would work for my regiment as a unique unit, since I am the Kaiser in the official regiment list :D
Don't you dare make it like the developer only units as in N&S!!!! I always got so jelly when I saw anyone with the dev only uniforms ingame :(

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #3913 on: January 09, 2014, 05:18:35 pm »
Do people really want to disallow other servers that arent 'official'? This would only harm the game, give the mod a horrible reputation and encroach on personal freedoms. Its a game, dont act like power hungry onternet junkies and learn to love Freedom.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #3914 on: January 09, 2014, 05:19:13 pm »
Do people really want to disallow other servers that arent 'official'? This would only harm the game, give the mod a horrible reputation and encroach on personal freedoms. Its a game, dont act like power hungry onternet junkies and learn to love Freedom.

All past mods and evidence shows it kills the community.