16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983106 times)

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #23 Christmas Update Pg235)
« Reply #3855 on: January 08, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »
Wilhelm is right, I have seen this before and it has been repeated many times too.  With the same end result. I'll talk to olaf and vince if he has time, to figure out how to prevent this.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3856 on: January 08, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »
Just Remember, more than one official battle server :'(

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #3857 on: January 08, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »
You can prevent it by just creating a good mod where people want to leave NW for. ;)
Sorry B&I and other mods your quality in gameplay and the overall modding standards are just low and that's the problem.

Not releasing or later releasing the server files will not help and will only annoy the fair users.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:03 pm »
You can prevent it by just creating a good mod where people want to leave NW for. ;)
Sorry B&I and other mods your quality in gameplay and the overall modding standards are just low and that's the problem.

Not releasing or later releasing the server files will not help and will only annoy the fair users.
Sure, some mods die because they are bad, but there are a lot of really cool and high quality mods that died regardless of their good gameplay. Hopefully Iron Europe's massive difference in play style, decades of hype, and grenades will be unique and interesting enough to help prolong it, but it is necessary to take other measures, like restricting access to the server files.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3859 on: January 08, 2014, 02:08:13 pm »
i've seen grenades be the downfall of a mod :p well the quality of gameplay.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:36 pm »
We've already seen in-game footage which shows that grenades aren't OP... and semi-autos and MGs makes this mod unique and interesting enough not to die if it keeps being developed and the bugs are fixed.

Offline Pompey

• Private
  • Illuc Ivi Illud Feci
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5thFKI_Gmnr_Giorgos
« Reply #3861 on: January 08, 2014, 02:24:35 pm »
I've heard a rumor that Iron Europe will be released this month? Any truth to this?

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #3862 on: January 08, 2014, 02:25:07 pm »
It's true, check the update.

Offline Pompey

• Private
  • Illuc Ivi Illud Feci
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5thFKI_Gmnr_Giorgos
« Reply #3863 on: January 08, 2014, 02:29:31 pm »
Ah, I've gotten so use to seeing no release date that I didn't even think the update would have had it in there  ;D

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #3864 on: January 08, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »

So BI, NaS and BC are all low quality mods?

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Museal
« Reply #3865 on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:50 pm »

So BI, NaS and BC are all low quality mods?

I think a lot would say there high quality mod just because they don't have mg an all the features of iron Europe, and there getting better look at NaS there the Gettysburg update which is going to have good features and BI is not even finished at the moment (sorry don't know much about BC but from the little I played it has some intresting features) also people tend not to play low quality mods and all 3 of the mods given as a example by William have quite good player bace
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #3866 on: January 08, 2014, 05:26:04 pm »

Modding standards? And you would be who to know two shits about that? This isn't the thread to discuss this, but I'll only leave a few words. The work and the effort and the quality put into Bello Civilli, North and South and Blood & Iron is just as equal and worthy to the ones put in NW, Iron Europe and so forth. Seeing as you haven't made anything of note on your own, your comment on this topic is not worthy to waste any more words on.
Cheers

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #3867 on: January 08, 2014, 06:08:43 pm »
While a disagree with Waterbeetle Sherlock putting a lot of time into something doesn't automatically qualify it as "good".
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 08, 2014, 06:09:15 pm »
It helps.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #3869 on: January 08, 2014, 06:40:29 pm »

I would say, that B&I, NaS and BC are modded very well, with some nice gameplay (thats why NaS is still played by hundrets in line battles).
When we released the server files for BC, we had 50!!! running servers. Nearly each legion had its own server with some tiny amount of player. To avoid that, its better to have 1 central server.. to get public play successfull!
That move of releasing public server files destroyed the whole mod.. :(