16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983198 times)

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #22 Revamped French Uniforms Pg209)
« Reply #3135 on: December 15, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
Snipers have actual working scopes so they will always have the advantage. Besides, once you get pin point accuracy the skill comes down to the players ability with the mouse, much like Call of duty, not that I am comparing IE to CoD but it has the similarity of very accurate weapons.
Looks like have to start playing that shit game again....

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3136 on: December 15, 2013, 06:49:24 pm »
A lot better than in NW for keeping realism, but it will probably be adjusted when we start our Closed Beta.
*Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* *Raises little finger*

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3137 on: December 15, 2013, 07:11:37 pm »
A lot better than in NW for keeping realism, but it will probably be adjusted when we start our Closed Beta.

Get your filthy British mannerisms out of my IE!
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #3138 on: December 15, 2013, 08:01:55 pm »

Get your filthy British mannerisms out of my IE!
Did you hear something, it sounds like a nation that came in too late!

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #3139 on: December 15, 2013, 10:06:27 pm »
Too much accuracy makes a game unbearable to play because you can't actually move around. Rifles are accurate, but human bodies are generally not. If I can't jump shell crater to shell crater with any measure of success, the game's weapons are too accurate.

That's why I think B&I accuracy is perfect for this.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3140 on: December 15, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »

Your Answer:

3.Can I be apart of the closed beta?
Closed beta will be very small, exclusive to the team, contributors, and a few others. It doesn't take a huge amount of people to get the bug finding and feedback we need. Don't ask to be one of the 'few others', you will be denied.

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
« Reply #3141 on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »
Too much accuracy makes a game unbearable to play because you can't actually move around. Rifles are accurate, but human bodies are generally not. If I can't jump shell crater to shell crater with any measure of success, the game's weapons are too accurate.

this is what artillery is for

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #3142 on: December 15, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »

The rifles in B&I use black powder which lowers the velocity a lot, in B&I the guns have historical velocities, if they do this for IE then the guns will have double to triple the velocity of the guns in B&I, this doesn't mean they are more accurate, but it does mean a lot less leading a running target, and the bullet hits pretty much when you pull the trigger, so in that sense they will be much more accurate.
I don't think it matters if they are more accurate though, considering most people are settled on playing conquest rather than battle so you get to respawn. Also people adapt to the new accuracy, they will fight at longer distances and take cover more.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #3143 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »
Snipers have actual working scopes so they will always have the advantage. Besides, once you get pin point accuracy the skill comes down to the players ability with the mouse, much like Call of duty, not that I am comparing IE to CoD but it has the similarity of very accurate weapons.
Still, IE doesn't have aim assist or extremely tight maps :P

It's going to be hilarious during the first event when nobody knows what the fuck they are doing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:16:32 pm by Wismar »

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #3144 on: December 16, 2013, 12:32:44 am »
Spoiler

The rifles in B&I use black powder which lowers the velocity a lot, in B&I the guns have historical velocities, if they do this for IE then the guns will have double to triple the velocity of the guns in B&I, this doesn't mean they are more accurate, but it does mean a lot less leading a running target, and the bullet hits pretty much when you pull the trigger, so in that sense they will be much more accurate.
I don't think it matters if they are more accurate though, considering most people are settled on playing conquest rather than battle so you get to respawn. Also people adapt to the new accuracy, they will fight at longer distances and take cover more.
[close]

That actually makes plenty of sense and is perfectly fine with me.

this is what artillery is for

Them loverly kings of the battlefield. :D
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #3145 on: December 16, 2013, 12:35:16 am »
Blood and Iron accuracy is good, but for Iron Europe, maybe slightly better.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 16, 2013, 12:57:03 am »
In terms of gameplay, for events would we be doing conquest or what? It seems like battle would go bye way too fast with the fire rate of the guns.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #3147 on: December 16, 2013, 01:00:24 am »
In terms of gameplay, for events would we be doing conquest or what? It seems like battle would go bye way too fast with the fire rate of the guns.
There will probably be both. As said, people will adjust. Look at B&I or N&S for example. The events for those mods doesn't end quicker.
I think IE battle rounds will probably take longer than NW since people will stay in their trenches for a while and skirmish before they do anything drastic.

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Museal
« Reply #3148 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:23 am »
There will probably be both. As said, people will adjust. Look at B&I or N&S for example. The events for those mods doesn't end quicker.
I think IE battle rounds will probably take longer than NW since people will stay in their trenches for a while and skirmish before they do anything drastic.

Don't know about you but I'll be leading my men in glory charges over the top and nothing will be able to stop us :D
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 16, 2013, 04:02:29 am »

Don't know about you but I'll be leading my men in glory charges over the top and nothing will be able to stop us :D
Except the dozens of bullets shredding your ranks as mortars plummet down on no mans land with machine guns spraying up the map  ::)
Spoiler
[close]