16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 983320 times)

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #21 Into the Trenches! Pg158)
« Reply #2565 on: November 03, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »
Something.
I speak developer lingo.
It means that Iron Europe will be awesome.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2566 on: November 03, 2013, 08:20:51 pm »
I hope IE will be the thing to rekindle the dying community.

Well, my fear is, that IE will die like every mod for NW so far ... a short while after its released.
The community is playing it for some weeks.. and then they are going back to regular NW. There are mods with lot of new features and different gameplay, but the NW community is mostly a huge bitch and payback us mod developers.

The 3 main mods for NW are mostly played in line battles, while public play died quick. SO... I am sure this will happen to IE too. Its the NW community..  :-X
And its very hard to see so much work spending in mods (I know what I am speaking off) ... but the community won't pay the right tribute and is just kicking the modders face.

Every mod has fan boys, following the development and saying "best mod ever..." . But once's the mod is released, they turned away and give a fuck to the mod. Many of those guys are following this mod here too!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:27:56 pm by Hinkel »

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #2567 on: November 03, 2013, 08:46:31 pm »
I agree with Hinkel. Modding is pretty unrewarding really, we spend months or even a year making something for everyone to stop playing after a few weeks. The only reason i really do it is because i enjoy making it.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2568 on: November 03, 2013, 08:57:57 pm »
Yeah we kinda have to admit that the NW community is one of the worst around.

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 03, 2013, 09:18:31 pm »
I agree with Hinkel. Modding is pretty unrewarding really, we spend months or even a year making something for everyone to stop playing after a few weeks. The only reason i really do it is because i enjoy making it.

well moders have no control over the stability of the community they induce. If the few starting events are run by idiots it wont get very far, and even if it has a good start like N&S did, after a while the community is still and always vulnerable to the same idiocy. If moders could control such things as community dynamics, it would certainly be the product of much more tireless work and toil =/ 

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2570 on: November 03, 2013, 09:27:36 pm »
It would be better if mount and blade warband had a workshop on steam, would be cool for mods. Unfortunately though, that's just not going to happen, that and for something to be popular pubs need* to download it and not many pubs get on the forums.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:29:14 pm by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 03, 2013, 09:32:24 pm »
It would be better if mount and blade warband had a workshop on steam, would be cool for mods. Unfortunately though, that's just not going to happen, that and for something to be popular pubs need* to download it and not many pubs get on the forums.
I posted something along the lines of that in the Warband discussion on Steam, I think it was overlooked. :c

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #2572 on: November 03, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »

Well, my fear is, that IE will die like every mod for NW so far ... a short while after its released.
The community is playing it for some weeks.. and then they are going back to regular NW. There are mods with lot of new features and different gameplay, but the NW community is mostly a huge bitch and payback us mod developers.

The 3 main mods for NW are mostly played in line battles, while public play died quick. SO... I am sure this will happen to IE too. Its the NW community..  :-X
And its very hard to see so much work spending in mods (I know what I am speaking off) ... but the community won't pay the right tribute and is just kicking the modders face.

Every mod has fan boys, following the development and saying "best mod ever..." . But once's the mod is released, they turned away and give a fuck to the mod. Many of those guys are following this mod here too!
The reason so many mods are dropped within a few weeks of release is because most mods are just practically reskins of NW with only slightly different features. This is why I think Iron Europe will be successful as a mod because it changes many things such as the guns, artillery, style of fighting, melee weapons and adds in many new features. If the team keeps on working on it , in a year or two they might eventually be able to code things in which would blow people away (*cough*tanks*cough*).

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #2573 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »

The reason so many mods are dropped within a few weeks of release is because most mods are just practically reskins of NW with only slightly different features. This is why I think Iron Europe will be successful as a mod because it changes many things such as the guns, artillery, style of fighting, melee weapons and adds in many new features. If the team keeps on working on it , in a year or two they might eventually be able to code things in which would blow people away (*cough*tanks*cough*).

Theres only 4 released mods and 3 of them don't feature muskets and one is Roman, so i can't see how theyre just reskins. And NaS, the one closest in gameplay is probably the most successful.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #2574 on: November 03, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »

Theres only 4 released mods and 3 of them don't feature muskets and one is Roman, so i can't see how theyre just reskins. And NaS, the one closest in gameplay is probably the most successful.
Is NaS still going? I thought it died.  :-\

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #2575 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »

It's got a few events still running...
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #2576 on: November 03, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »

It had a very long life though which is all you can hope for.

Offline Oakenshield

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 03, 2013, 11:22:43 pm »

It has a Saturday event which usually has a full server (200 players)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2578 on: November 03, 2013, 11:25:30 pm »

I thought that has been slowly dying as well
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #2579 on: November 03, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »

I thought that has been slowly dying as well

It is but the Union Army is keeping it alive by hosting the Saturday event.

N&S Is very lucky to have a dedicated community, that's what IE will need.