Author Topic: [NW][M]A Intervention[Looking for Modders]  (Read 12377 times)

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]A Intervention[Looking for Modders]
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »
You should replace Canada by France or Germany.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »
And that's why i plan to leave that to the coders themselves. And Like i said this will not be done anytime soon, currently i am trying to set up a Dev Team and Modelling a Near-Futuristic Version of the Mark VII Operational Combat Helmet. So thats one of the first steps, we are far from starting to code in the various elements into the Mod, (Starters: A Good Tank Script, An Even Better IFV/APC Script,An Automatic Weapons Script, an ADS Script and the Ability for more then 1 Person to enter a Vehicle. Then we will add CAS Scripts, Medic Scripts, Helicopter Scripts and all that Jazz.

But what skills do you have because no one with coding skills that advanced would be willing to work for someone who doesn't know how to do anything. There are so many mods which start and die because people with an idea think a team will flock to them and make their idea come true while they sit back and do nothing under the guise of directing people. Sorry but if you don't get a valuable skill yourself people won't be willing to work on your mod.
You mean a Skill like Modelling?

Show us your modelling skills.

Offline Sotilas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Adj*_Sotilas
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »
Stefi is a silly Canadian nationalist, never going to happen.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 05:16:33 pm »
Because Canada is a Leading Member in the ROK Intervention Force, And by leading i mean one of 3. However the UK Has no involvement so i will be replacing the UK with the PRC (People's Republic of China)
One does not simply replace the UK in a modern mod.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 05:18:14 pm »
Because Canada is a Leading Member in the ROK Intervention Force, And by leading i mean one of 3. However the UK Has no involvement so i will be replacing the UK with the PRC (People's Republic of China)

I think the general public would agree to letting Canada be replaced by China, but its your mod so its your choice.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »
Just add China to the list, don't replace anything. Not that hard. Just a little extra work is all.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »
Just add China to the list, don't replace anything. Not that hard. Just a little extra work is all.
It aint really that easy to create a new faction...

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36:42 pm »

What. Are you serious?

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »
I dont have any experience in modding but if he really wants Canada to be in there that much than he would just add China as a new faction. Sure, it would take longer but he gets what he wants and there is no complaining on his thread and everyone would be happier.

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 10:54:01 pm »
Ooh, look a other topic without any proof of concept or work..
Point your finger and laugh!

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »
It aint really that easy to create a new faction...

I once tried it for my Battle of Nations mod and it doesnt work, and everyone who also tried it failed like me. Yeah, Vincenzo said it is easy, but is there anyone who had sucess with adding a new nation?

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »
since you might take out UK ill play canada!

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »
Canada ftw!

but seriously, i would recommend doing this mod as a source mod, not as an NW mod, it just seems a bit weird to me and alot of others.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 04:08:32 am »
Right, So im going to replace one of 4 countries who are part of the Korea Intervention Force and which have no Military Presence in the Korean Peninsula.

And that's why i plan to leave that to the coders themselves. And Like i said this will not be done anytime soon, currently i am trying to set up a Dev Team and Modelling a Near-Futuristic Version of the Mark VII Operational Combat Helmet. So thats one of the first steps, we are far from starting to code in the various elements into the Mod, (Starters: A Good Tank Script, An Even Better IFV/APC Script,An Automatic Weapons Script, an ADS Script and the Ability for more then 1 Person to enter a Vehicle. Then we will add CAS Scripts, Medic Scripts, Helicopter Scripts and all that Jazz.

But what skills do you have because no one with coding skills that advanced would be willing to work for someone who doesn't know how to do anything. There are so many mods which start and die because people with an idea think a team will flock to them and make their idea come true while they sit back and do nothing under the guise of directing people. Sorry but if you don't get a valuable skill yourself people won't be willing to work on your mod.
You mean a Skill like Modelling?

Show us your modelling skills.
I Will, But first i have to complete a Model.

One does not simply replace the UK in a modern mod.
The Uk Really only has an SAS Sabre Squadron on Stand-by for that Region at all times, the rest is the Royal Marines tasked to defend the Embassy.

I think the general public would agree to letting Canada be replaced by China, but its your mod so its your choice.

The General Public aren't well informed of which Military Forces in the region would clash and as i said, Canada is a Major Contributor to the Korean Intervention Force.

You have got to be kidding...

I dont have any experience in modding but if he really wants Canada to be in there that much than he would just add China as a new faction. Sure, it would take longer but he gets what he wants and there is no complaining on his thread and everyone would be happier.
Well they Can complain as mush as they want, but the UK is being taken off and being replaced with China.

Ooh, look a other topic without any proof of concept or work..
Point your finger and laugh!
Ooh, look Exhibit A in the Stupidity Museum.

since you might take out UK ill play canada!
Thank you for the Support!

Canada ftw!

but seriously, i would recommend doing this mod as a source mod, not as an NW mod, it just seems a bit weird to me and alot of others.
Yeah! Go Canada!

Well, i want take a crack at NW Modding because Source Modding seems a bit easier and less challenging and again limited.

Saved the Best for Last!!!  8)

Stefi is a silly Canadian nationalist, never going to happen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmme5rHRzCs[/youtube]

Bow Down to Canadian Supremacy!

No But Seriously, i literally am a silly Canadian Nationalist.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 10:53:52 am »
What would Canada want with Korea?