Author Topic: [NW][M]A Intervention[Looking for Modders]  (Read 12378 times)

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
  • Side: Union
[NW][M]A Intervention[Looking for Modders]
« on: October 04, 2013, 03:52:53 am »
WIP*

But the Mod is About a Modern Military Intervention in the Korean Peninsula. I Plan to have 5 Factions : United States of America, Republic of Korea,Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Her Majesty's United Kingdom, Canada.

P.S. : CANSOFCOM is reserved for my regiment, and after my last attempt at a project i've come back ready to do a mod on my own with no stealing,Cheating, Copyright Infrigments or anything like that. So Don't Expect this mod for a Long Time. Also feel free to Contact me if you wish to Support the Team or be a Part of the team.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]A Intervention[Looking for Modders]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:57:28 am »
so its a war that hasnt actually happened?

anyway, i wish you the best of luck.

when you stole those models, we werent saying you cant use them, we were saying you would just have to give the guy credit for you using his work.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:59:38 am »
so its a war that hasnt actually happened?

anyway, i wish you the best of luck.

when you stole those models, we werent saying you cant use them, we were saying you would just have to give the guy credit for you using his work.
Yes, I Know.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:40 am »
Shouldn't China be in here also?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »

+1 I fail to see why Canada would enter a war there, while it would be more understandable if China were added.

Good Luck, good thing there are a few modern warfare mods for Warband.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »
For a starting modder, you really know what kind of mods you want to make...  :-\

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 05:58:05 pm »
You want to do a mod on the modern era?, That is complete game changer literally, new models / textures / factions / stats.

If you are just starting I would suggest a mod that requires less work coding wise.
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 06:23:38 pm »
I give it 2 weeks. Anyway good luck.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »
I agree with ya Xander. At least do something historical like the FFL in Algeria.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:31:20 pm »
This isnt even modern combat :P

Its futuristic, Korea hasnt done jack shit to anyone yet, they have just released threats.

If you want to do something modern but dont want to work that hard, id recommend the Korean or Vietnam war. Id help you with historical stuff if you did Vietnam.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 01:05:54 am »
I think a Falklands War mod would be better, you'd only have to make two factions.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:56 am »
Modern warfare mods very rarely work for M&B unless you have amazing coding skills.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 02:52:02 am »

+1 I fail to see why Canada would enter a war there, while it would be more understandable if China were added.

Good Luck, good thing there are a few modern warfare mods for Warband.
Because Canada is a Leading Member in the ROK Intervention Force, And by leading i mean one of 3. However the UK Has no involvement so i will be replacing the UK with the PRC (People's Republic of China)

For a starting modder, you really know what kind of mods you want to make...  :-\
I Know right?

You want to do a mod on the modern era?, That is complete game changer literally, new models / textures / factions / stats.

If you are just starting I would suggest a mod that requires less work coding wise.
Well, The Mods are always so repetitive so im trying to make one that isnt so repetitive as the others.

I think a Falklands War mod would be better, you'd only have to make two factions.
Yes, It would be easier, but that is in the Past and i wish to make a mod that involves the latest Technologies  to both sides of the Conflict.

This isnt even modern combat :P

Its futuristic, Korea hasnt done jack shit to anyone yet, they have just released threats.

If you want to do something modern but dont want to work that hard, id recommend the Korean or Vietnam war. Id help you with historical stuff if you did Vietnam.
Well, its technically going to be set 3-5 years from now, and an Intervention in North Korea is Becoming more Likely by the month. (Mister Young Dictator over there seems to think that because he has the means to create a Thermonuclear weapon that he is invincible.)

Modern warfare mods very rarely work for M&B unless you have amazing coding skills.
And that's why i plan to leave that to the coders themselves. And Like i said this will not be done anytime soon, currently i am trying to set up a Dev Team and Modelling a Near-Futuristic Version of the Mark VII Operational Combat Helmet. So thats one of the first steps, we are far from starting to code in the various elements into the Mod, (Starters: A Good Tank Script, An Even Better IFV/APC Script,An Automatic Weapons Script, an ADS Script and the Ability for more then 1 Person to enter a Vehicle. Then we will add CAS Scripts, Medic Scripts, Helicopter Scripts and all that Jazz.

I give it 2 weeks. Anyway good luck.
Thanks for the Support....

I agree with ya Xander. At least do something historical like the FFL in Algeria.
Thanks for the Support too...

The Historical mod thing can be resolved through a PM if you want to convince me.

Stay Tuned for Update #1 (Thread,US Helmet and M9 Sidearm)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 03:16:55 am »
And that's why i plan to leave that to the coders themselves. And Like i said this will not be done anytime soon, currently i am trying to set up a Dev Team and Modelling a Near-Futuristic Version of the Mark VII Operational Combat Helmet. So thats one of the first steps, we are far from starting to code in the various elements into the Mod, (Starters: A Good Tank Script, An Even Better IFV/APC Script,An Automatic Weapons Script, an ADS Script and the Ability for more then 1 Person to enter a Vehicle. Then we will add CAS Scripts, Medic Scripts, Helicopter Scripts and all that Jazz.

But what skills do you have because no one with coding skills that advanced would be willing to work for someone who doesn't know how to do anything. There are so many mods which start and die because people with an idea think a team will flock to them and make their idea come true while they sit back and do nothing under the guise of directing people. Sorry but if you don't get a valuable skill yourself people won't be willing to work on your mod.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 03:42:06 am »

But what skills do you have because no one with coding skills that advanced would be willing to work for someone who doesn't know how to do anything. There are so many mods which start and die because people with an idea think a team will flock to them and make their idea come true while they sit back and do nothing under the guise of directing people. Sorry but if you don't get a valuable skill yourself people won't be willing to work on your mod.
You mean a Skill like Modelling?