Author Topic: Regarding Cavalry  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
Re: Regarding Cavalry
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 04:12:00 am »
stfu about Cavalry for win 8)

um. what?
Pointy stick champion

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 06:47:08 am »
infantrymen simply not know how to fight cavalry
That's about all I have to say on the subject.

Offline OGNValjean

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gordon Goldstein
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 06:58:33 am »
It is merely the question of the Cavalry Commander to observe the terrain, that is all, and thus the prestine conditions can be met with death or glory to cunning leaders.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:40 am »
It is merely the question of the Cavalry Commander to observe the terrain, that is all, and thus the prestine conditions can be met with death or glory to cunning leaders.

What? A flat plain with an infantry regiment stuck on it means nothing if your men can't hit shit with their metal sticks.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 03:23:31 pm »
Being fairly experienced as cav (been playing it for over a year), I'd say that the standard anti-cav tactic of a square/blob/circle is pretty effective... if executed correctly. When fighting infantry as cav, a head-on charge means you die 9/10 times. Going for infantry not aware of you, means he'll die 9/10 times.
So as long as the infantry regiment stays together, facing outwards, counting on their regiment member to do the same, it's fairly easy to keep cavalry at bay, as long as you stay focused.
The main reason infantry regiments in this formation are easily killed, however, is that certain members of the inf regiment grow impatient, move out to kill a cavalryman, and get slashed from behind, leaving a hole in the formation, through which the cavalry can charge, decimating the regiment.

So as long as the inf regiment sticks to his formation, and stays focused, the cav will be held at bay, and when some men are inside the formation shooting, the cav can be dealt with effectively from range (even when just shooting their horses).

So is cav OP? No. But they do have the easier job, as they don't need the constant vigilance the infantry needs.

Offline nicknick12

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nicholas
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »
stfu about Cavalry for win 8)

um. what?
Just joking with you
It mostly depend on the cavalry man and soldie r
Cavalry Groupfighting Admin NA/EU

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 06:26:25 am »
I think that folks who say "infantry just don't know how to fight cavalry" forget the fact that this isn't 1v1 in a Line Battle. This is a swarm of cavalry massing upon you all at once, and hitting you from multiple directions.

It's rather easy to kill cav when its a 1v1, (which is why cavalry in normal battle mode most often just steal kills and stab/slash people in the back who are already occupied or in combat(easy kills)). Unlike infantrymen and even musician/flag classes, I take no pitty or reserve any respect on a de-horsed cavalryman, the most annoying and dishonorable class, I often find that players that have played cav a long time also lack any meaningful skill when dismounted(Not all, but many). My own team's cav TK me more than any enemy cav ever has, always trying to get a kill from whom I'm fighting... and hitting me instead. So nope, I stab that horseless fellow laying on the ground without a hint of remorse.

As far as formations go... We(Referring to the 1stEPI) first developed the concept of, instead of taking the time to form square(very time consuming and risky because of that), we simply halted in our usual 2-rank line and faced outwards, either all blocking in one direction or readying for a bayonet stab. Such a quick anti-cav formation allowed for us to get shots off before the presumed impact as well. And when your formation looks scary, tight and organized enough, you may even scare the cavalry off completely!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:29:04 am by Furnardan »
Furnie

Offline GoblinOverlord

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GoblinOverlord
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 11:35:39 am »
Do Team Deathmatches and Deathmatches also count? In that case, I think infantry indeed doesn't know how to fight cavalry. Always raging in caps, though it's so easy...... I almost never get killed by cavalry: you just have to look around, as they favor to come from behind. Also there are many stupid cavalrymen who just come from the front!  :o

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
Do Team Deathmatches and Deathmatches also count? In that case, I think infantry indeed doesn't know how to fight cavalry. Always raging in caps, though it's so easy...... I almost never get killed by cavalry: you just have to look around, as they favor to come from behind. Also there are many stupid cavalrymen who just come from the front!  :o

Raging if they lose against cav, silly
Raging if they get killed by cav whilst fighting another infantryman, understandable

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »
Raging if they are continually tked by the same cav guy who is trying to "help". More than understandable.

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 03:58:29 pm »
Raging if they are continually tked by the same cav guy who is trying to "help". More than understandable.

Haha , it happened to me a lot :P

Offline Lumen

• Second Lieutenant
  • Your local Afro aficionado/cocoa connoisseur.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [IV]1LH_Uffz_Koz
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:47 am »
Getting back on the subject, it is not the individual skill that mainly helps in line battles but the organizational levels of the regiments that are engaged. I've seen cav with max player count die to ten-man lines without killing a single person, but I have also seen seven hussars take out twenty people, without help from a friendly line. Individual skill does help in the kill-or-be-killed aspect of picking who you go for, but generally, well organized cav regiments will 19/20 times be the deciding factor in which way the entire line battle goes.

Offline SomeRandomTiger

• Sergeant
  • Their tops are made out of rubber
    • View Profile
    • K-KA Website
  • Nick: K-KA_ZeRandomTigre
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 01:36:04 am »
Any more than 15 men in one cavalry regiment and things start to get unbalanced - especially with heavy cavalry. Cavalry regiments with numbers lower than that will just end up supporting the infantry rather than dominating everything.

Answer to your question - Limit cavalry 15 men in linebattles (which they are most of the time)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:56 am »
Or do infantrymen simply not know how to fight cavalry?

It's that. Aslong as you form a square or spiky blob then you're alright against cav, even a compact line is good. If you don't then of course they will destroy you.

Offline nicknick12

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nicholas
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 04:03:50 am »
Cavalry is overpowered but it depend on the regiment team work and if a Cavalryman is a alone it very hard So Cavalry is overpower when works as a team and infantry get kill because there move around them and not looking at there backs
Cavalry Groupfighting Admin NA/EU