Author Topic: [NW][M] War of 1812: [Downloads]  (Read 232040 times)

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M]The War of 1812 *Open Beta Download Links Pg 1 & 73*
« Reply #1245 on: October 30, 2014, 02:51:05 am »
There were three different pants wore by the British army during the War of 1812. First you have the white breeches with black gaiters, for parade use only. Then you have white trousers, which could be used with grey half gaiters, or black knee gaiters, either underneath or on top of the pants' sleeves. Finally, you had the grey trousers, which also could only be worn with grey half gaiters, either on top or underneath.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
[NW][M]The War of 1812 *Early/Late War uniforms coming soon*
« Reply #1246 on: November 06, 2014, 08:35:44 pm »
Hello everyone. War of 1812 0.5 version is coming along nicely. And with it we have been working hard to make Early/Late war uniforms an option that you can enable or disable with simple knowledge. Coming soon.

Early:
-1st Royal Scots replaces 93rd on Highland Infantry.
-Canadian Incorporated Militia Battalion (CIMB) replaces 5th West India on last Line Infantry option.
-1st Glengarry Militia Battalion replaces previous CIMB position.
-Regular UK Infantry, Artillery have early shakos
-1st US kept with early shakos
-11th US Infantry Regiment replaces 21st US
-25th US, 5th Volunteer, 1st US rifles, Artillery have early shakos
-Various units have early war uniforms variations

Late:
-1st US have tombstone shakos now
-5th West India ranker, drummer, fifer are character-customizable now. Historical 5th W.I.R. ranker and musicians are African player skin.

Just a preview of the changelog, along with various fixes including fix bayonets for 0.5

Stay tuned!

And please if you read this let us know in a reply feedback and if any questions there may be. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:40:11 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1247 on: November 08, 2014, 05:09:58 am »
Will there be additional voices added for shouts. For example, will American units be voiced with American accents?

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 08, 2014, 05:13:04 am »
Will there be additional voices added for shouts. For example, will American units be voiced with American accents?
It is planned as such. *Cough*
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 10, 2014, 06:02:05 am »
Will there be any textural changes for the landscape, building, cannons, etc. in the future? Do not incorporate darkened textures like north and south but some improved landscape textures can add some nice flare to the mod.  :D

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 10, 2014, 06:48:23 am »
Will there be any textural changes for the landscape, building, cannons, etc. in the future? Do not incorporate darkened textures like north and south but some improved landscape textures can add some nice flare to the mod.  :D

There will be new cannon textures. You can see them on page 1 of the thread in the US Units section. The US used iron to make most of their guns instead of brass. They painted the iron black to prevent corrosion. Also, instead of the drab green gun carriages on the vanilla Napoleonic Wars guns, the War of 1812 gun carriages will be light blue, which was the standard color used by US artillery at the time. Short barreled guns will remain brass as they had not yet perfected the iron casting techniques needed to make howitzers and mortars.

There was an effort to replace the snowy wood wall textures with a whitewashed look in order to make the wood, clapboard buildings so common in North American. But, the texture sheets were used on multiple models and it was abandoned due to unwanted side effects.

As far as plants are concerned, we didn't do anything with them. The current plant set is fairly comprehensive in the map editor with the only exception being perhaps the exclusion of palm trees.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:12:55 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NW][M]The War of 1812 *War of 1812: 0.5 Release Date - This Weekend!*
« Reply #1251 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »
War of 1812: 0.5 Release Date - This Weekend!

Targeted long awaited release date is this weekend!

War of 1812 Beta 0.5 includes:
-Pressing 'B' to fix bayonets no longer transforms into a pistol as UK sergeant or natives. Largest fix for the mod as I have received many reports of this one bug.
-Bowie Knife cannot be used to block now.
-Early/Late War uniforms feature and switchable with easy knowledge
-Many upon many and countless fixes on uniform details and item LODs.

Current progress:

Status = Compiling Installer

Next uploading to mediafire and generating mirrors.

PS: We need a server!

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:26:46 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Jdc308

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CapnJollyJames
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M] War of 1812 *Version 0.5 Released!*
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2014, 07:10:25 pm »
Exciting! Can't wait to try the new update
It's all in the reflexes

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »
I think my question is a little strange.
When I downloaded the War of 1812 0.5 from the second mediafire link (because the first didn't download) I was able to extract it from the rar file to my desktop, I ran the EXE and when I got to the destination section the path shown was War of 1812 Beta 0.5 Beta is that right? Once it installed to modules and I opened the mod I couldn't join any War of 1812 server because it said the module is not the same. The first time I ran the EXE installer with the original beta from before installed, it wanted to download the mod into the .4 folder.
Am I doing this wrong?

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2014, 09:15:30 pm »
I have had the same problem, but with the servers, the post says servers are not up yet.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »
I think my question is a little strange.
When I downloaded the War of 1812 0.5 from the second mediafire link (because the first didn't download) I was able to extract it from the rar file to my desktop, I ran the EXE and when I got to the destination section the path shown was War of 1812 Beta 0.5 Beta is that right? Once it installed to modules and I opened the mod I couldn't join any War of 1812 server because it said the module is not the same. The first time I ran the EXE installer with the original beta from before installed, it wanted to download the mod into the .4 folder.
Am I doing this wrong?

I have had the same problem, but with the servers, the post says servers are not up yet.

We are currently in contact with server providers about getting the 0.5 module set-up for on-line play but none are as yet up and running. I apologize for not putting an explaination on the front page at first. There is an explaination there now under the release announcement in red font. Version 0.4 should still be running on a few servers for those who wish to play that version of the mod now. Therefore, you should probably not delete your War of 1812 0.4 Beta module folder until an announcement is posted that 0.5 is up an running on a server.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:20:02 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 16, 2014, 06:19:41 am »
Two of the three servers that were running 0.4 have now been updated to the latest 0.5 version. You should be able find servers on-line now that have the new 0.5 module after you download and install it.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 16, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »
I think a lot of people are unaware that they need to delete theu 0.4 folder first. People are used to patches rather than consecutive standalones. I know many have been having issues becuase of this.

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
« Reply #1259 on: November 16, 2014, 05:22:02 pm »
I think a lot of people are unaware that they need to delete theu 0.4 folder first. People are used to patches rather than consecutive standalones. I know many have been having issues becuase of this.
Thank you for this comment. I no longer need to smash head into my screen.