Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 92578 times)

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 01:13:48 am »
Naval brigades! I read that they had rocket batteries and gattling guns.

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Royal navy gatling gun team
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Don't worry I'm not lacking at all for sources, we plan to have elements of the Naval Brigade mixed into one unit.

Offline tibu22

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 09:02:53 am »
I find this unit this like natal volunteer infantryman.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2013, 10:19:31 am »
I was wondering is it possible to implement something where you can shoot TNT and it'll explode, just a thought.
also can someone please upload a server which isn't just bots vs humans, I really want to see what it is actually like to be fighting alongside actual players.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2013, 10:45:32 am »

Tibu,I appreciate that your trying to help but by consistently insisting on the existence of a Natal Infantry source all you really are doing is undermining me.
I'm the researcher of the team and I've done my research through a variety of books and hours on Google. The only Natal Infantry units were the Natal Native Contingent, Woods Irregulars and scouts and John Dunns foot scouts. All of these were black levies commanded by white officers and NCOs of mixed ethnicities. That man in that picture is an NCO of the NNC.

@Xanderman,I'll have to wait for another team member to answer your question,I really can't say.

Offline RayceFarelle

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 1st East Prussian Infantry website
  • Nick: 1stEPI A2 Uffz RayceFarelle
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:53 pm »
First off, great mod you guys are developing ;) This is indeed as I pictured it.

I have been playing on BAC server for some time with other lads and I have to say it's a memorial experience.

I've read everything so far and i think most of my suggestions are mostly covered. I do have the issue where we sometimes run out of ammo and having to resolve to scavenge for ammo or charge the enemy. This is simply due the increased firing rate. I don't suppose we could implement a supply cart like an artillery train and have packs of bullets extracted from it (like cannon ammo from deployed ammo boxes). With this, regiments wouldn't have to worry about ammo too much and simulate ammo diatribution.

It would be hell of a coding i'm sure. An alternative to the supply cart is to have engineers build ammo cratez.
1st East Prussian Infantry Regiment, 1st Musketier Battalion, Company A

Our Steam Group - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/1stepi
Our Website and Forums can be found here: http://www.1stepi.com

Offline Ardagh

• Sergeant Major
  • 1BnYLR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ardagh
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »
First off, great mod you guys are developing ;) This is indeed as I pictured it.

I have been playing on BAC server for some time with other lads and I have to say it's a memorial experience.

I've read everything so far and i think most of my suggestions are mostly covered. I do have the issue where we sometimes run out of ammo and having to resolve to scavenge for ammo or charge the enemy. This is simply due the increased firing rate. I don't suppose we could implement a supply cart like an artillery train and have packs of bullets extracted from it (like cannon ammo from deployed ammo boxes). With this, regiments wouldn't have to worry about ammo too much and simulate ammo diatribution.

It would be hell of a coding i'm sure. An alternative to the supply cart is to have engineers build ammo cratez.

We've had that idea for quite some time now... the only issue is coding it, you're right. We'd like to introduce mobile/immobile ammo points, but that's a fair bit of work.
-Anglo-Zulu War Community Manager (Developer)
-VCW Community Manager + Head Researcher (Developer)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

He would be an officer of the Natal Native Contingent. The officers were white, all the rankers were African in native dress.

I was wondering is it possible to implement something where you can shoot TNT and it'll explode, just a thought.
also can someone please upload a server which isn't just bots vs humans, I really want to see what it is actually like to be fighting alongside actual players.

Don't really think thats possible. Make sure to come to events to experience PvP.

raikesi

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:44 pm »
I second the ammo train idea, I hear they're implementing that into North and South in the next update.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
I second the ammo train idea, I hear they're implementing that into North and South in the next update.

It's something we've always intended at some point in some form. Don't you worry ;)

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:41 am »
How about some more weapon variants? I can model some Zulu axes upon the morrow if ye wish to have them.

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2013, 05:41:52 am »
Excellent mod. A blast is had sirs.

I know the mod is in it's early phases of creation so I will hold off on any major suggestions until it's a bit farther along.

A first observation:
In mods like Invasion and The Deluge, the bots would attack barriers put in their way and so eventually break them down. This does not really happen with the Zulus for some reason, the Zulus require a few human players to break them down. Will you be able to insure that the bots will attack barriers in the future?

A Major Bastard

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:13 am »
The thing is this isn't an invasion mod it was designed to be a player vs player mod

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013, 04:30:37 pm »
sorry if that is already suggested, but how about a Boer faction?
I mean, the 1st boer war was just one year after the zulu war and maybe it would bring some more balance in the game

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:30 am »
Honestly, the invasion script is now OS. It'd be a waste not to implement it.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:22 am »
Honestly, the invasion script is now OS. It'd be a waste not to implement it.
Aye, it'd be fun to have dedicated invasion and dedicated PVP, and maybe alter the scripts to the currently present Brits vs Zulu w/ bots is still present?