Author Topic: Bello Civili - The Roman Civil War [RELEASED] - Old Thread -  (Read 120941 times)

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bello Civili - The Roman Civil War
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2013, 01:50:26 pm »
Hinkel's work:

- Secession - unfinished - Hinkel left the project!
- ACW:TheBlue and the Grey (Empire:Total War) - unfinished - Hinkel left the project!
- North and South - unfinished - Hinkel left the project!

In the future:

- Bello Civili - unfinished - Hinkel left the project?

?

What the hell are you talking about? all those mods have polished, released versions. You don't finish a mod; there's no end point at which you call it done. It's done when you stop working on it.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2013, 01:51:30 pm »
Exactly what Docm said, and wtf? Bello Civili was only annouched a week ago or so, give it time for christ sake.

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DL]III_KBR_O_Feldsau
  • Side: Union
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »
Hm, sry but that´s not true. Secession was a disaster and is everything but polished. Same for North and South, although it´s still beeing played, particular by me. Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want to predict the same ending for this mod, just wanted to correct you ;)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »
I wanted NaS: Gettysberg!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »
 ;D

when you plan something for a mod and say "We gonna fight all bugs and we gonna do this and this and this in the future and that will all be so great, so go on playing it...." and after a while jsut leave the mod and let it die, then you just didn't finish the mod.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »
Hm, sry but that´s not true. Secession was a disaster and is everything but polished. Same for North and South, although it´s still beeing played, particular by me. Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want to predict the same ending for this mod, just wanted to correct you ;)
Please elaborate what you see as a finished mod?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »
I treat a mod as finished, once the modder says, that his work is ready and he doesn´t want to add anything anymore.

Offline Apollo

• Colonel
  • NW Official Administrator; apparent god of the sun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Apollo
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2013, 09:28:52 pm »
I treat a mod as finished, once the modder says, that his work is ready and he doesn´t want to add anything anymore.
When a modder says his work is ready, and doesn't want to add anything more, would that not be the same as this...?
Spoiler
What the hell are you talking about? all those mods have polished, released versions. You don't finish a mod; there's no end point at which you call it done. It's done when you stop working on it.
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2013, 10:16:06 pm »
I wanted NaS: Gettysberg!

We all did bak... we all did...
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2013, 11:15:34 pm »
When a modder says his work is ready, and doesn't want to add anything more, would that not be the same as this...?
Spoiler
[close]

No. Imo there´s a difference. A modder can stop the work before he thinks, that the mod is ready. A good example for that is North and South. Hinkel and Nytech quit before they declared the mod themselves as "nothing more to add".

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »
Regardless, this mod will be finished.

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:52 pm »
I would like to declare the end of Episode 1 of North and South "First Manassas".

With the latest release, Mailman and I are pretty pleased with the work and its definatly a highly playable mod about the battle of Manassas.

Alright, so its officially done.. yay..  ::)

Also, the blue and the grey 3.5 is one of the best ETW mods, which is currently still in progress. So it was never finished, even if the core team left and handed the work to another team.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:39:26 pm by Hinkel »

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »
Look as Docm30 said, a mod is complete when he decides its complete. Hinkel did so. He only wanted to improve a bit more. But the main Mod is COMPLETE. He did complete mods, he just didn't get time to improve the mods completely.
Agreed with Willhelm
The first modder for NW.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:43 am »
Hm, sry but that´s not true. Secession was a disaster and is everything but polished.

Hinkel didn't even officially work for Secession. He made maps and allowed us access to uniforms from his Total War mods. Plus, it had a dedicated community for quite some time. It was far from a disaster.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:18:13 am by Rigadoon »

Offline Feldsau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2013, 02:44:06 pm »
The ending of Secession wasn´t a disaster? Hm I think I played another mod than you, because I was one of the last people who attended to events at the very end. Don´t lie to yourself, Secession was good and popular before NW released and sometime after that, but since N&S was announced and Hinkel left the project everybody hyped N&S and nobody was interested in Secession anymore, which was fairly unfinished and nothing else. So and thank you Hinkel, that you declare the current North and South version as the final version in a thread about another mod...
I´m too disappointed about you to really rage. I don´t wanna start a flame or argue, so I stop discussing. I wish you good luck and more endurance for this project, please don´t let another community down, to which you can count me in, because I´m a big fan of you work...