Author Topic: A Request For The Next Update: Battle and Conquest Maps Designed For Events!  (Read 4133 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Simply what the title says. Blood And Iron is a pretty damn solid mod in both mechanics and appearance wise but it has a major weakness really and it is the maps.

The ones from the first release seem to be all mostly focused on medium pop casual play. That is all fine and dandy for that sort of thing but for community events which is the life blood of the NW DLC they really don't serve the purpose at all well due to size or balance issues.

I know mapping is pretty fiddly stuff, but It'd be sincerely appreciated if the next update has a few bigger balance maps that can be used in either battle or conquest events. Thanks!

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
I agree with you. You'll be happy to hear that Gokiller who is an excellent mapper and modder has gone over all the new maps to fix issues and make them more playable. I am planning to add more maps into the mod, i want big epic maps designed for events. I am not a very good mapper though, so someone may have to come forward to help me.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
That is grand new to hear. I've always enjoyed his maps.

May I also suggest looking into using some of the (long dead) assets of the China War mod for Warband? they have some excellent Imperial Chinese walls and housing assets for Beijing like maps.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
I will look into it sure.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
After the skins, maybe it'll be the time for us to help this great mod with the maps :) I'll see what I can do, and ask around if someone in the 21e can do great maps for you.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
Than you very much.  :)

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
IDK if u guys seen my ctf maps yet but they are very trenchy and all that jazz. My grooup has a free spot on tuesday for a event so im thinking og making some tpye of conquest or siege. Or shot I could see how CTF goes!

if u would like to talk to me some more, add me on steam

Eatjello
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:47:01 pm by Eatjello »

Offline Mikael

• Colonel
  • Sergent of 45e Régiment d'infanterie de Ligne
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IVe_45e_Sgt_Mikael
Ok, thx Eatjello  :)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Open battle maps are more fun, or urban maps too. I don't understand this weird fascination with Trenches in this mod. Soldiers just sat in them, usually Germans and shot cannons at the walls of fortresses with dying starving French.

This was trench warfare of the era. Not this weirdly retarded pre-WW1 fantasy everyone is obsessed with. Considering the WW1 mod will be released soon no point really focusing time and energy on them.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
ill have a video of what im thinking of tonight, I love trenches win or lose. I just miss B&I nights also I think the game  is much more funner when u don't have to wait 15mins. gonna shoot for conquest but if it too buggy im sure siege will work just fine. the map im working on atm is "kinda" like the Verdun one I been playing in the beta

Open battle maps are more fun, or urban maps too. I don't understand this weird fascination with Trenches in this mod. Soldiers just sat in them, usually Germans and shot cannons at the walls of fortresses with dying starving French.

This was trench warfare of the era. Not this weirdly retarded pre-WW1 fantasy everyone is obsessed with. Considering the WW1 mod will be released soon no point really focusing time and energy on them.

well till they give me a WW1 Mod Im gonna map WW1 style maps, or ruined city's, forts with trenches and all that. Open maps are so plain I think this mod should make u feel like your in a "shoot out" not a line battle different era.

P.S sorry for grammar and spelling I've been up all morning drinking coffee thinking of how to make this mod legit to play again
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:02:16 pm by Eatjello »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Open maps are only plain with random map generation. Go see some of Gokillers battle event maps to see what a good mapper can do.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
Open maps are only plain with random map generation. Go see some of Gokillers battle event maps to see what a good mapper can do.

they scream too much of NW, if he would do one of B&I and I could get a close look at what's going on foot. then I might believe u till then I'm gonna continue my  retarded pre-WW1 fantasy :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:33:28 pm by Eatjello »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
Big open maps would be nice but with minimal amount of trees since they can create lag. Also avoid building with more than one floor because it often leads to staircase camping/shootout which are kinda dull.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Big open maps would be nice but with minimal amount of trees since they can create lag. Also avoid building with more than one floor because it often leads to staircase camping/shootout which are kinda dull.
It isn't the trees that make a bigger sized scene lagg. It most of the time has to do with a combination of various factors. (Cavalry, artillery, size, amount of props/poly's) etc.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Considering you have around 150-200 people moving, shooting with all their individual shots and the damage dealt along with a lot of other things all large player events are logically bound to be slightly laggy.

You just have to deal with the old netcode of a old game.